Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Glitterella
Member since 2016 • 21 Posts

I know there is a PSN ID thread and ive posted in it. Im wanting advice on how to find a good mix of players to play with. Do you meet people in forums, real life, in game, etc? Im new to owning a ps4, ive been playing since launch but got tired of using the bf's. I only have a few friends right now and im finding it hard to find decent ones. Im a 28 year old female so im not wanting to play with 12 year olds lol. Im not trying to throw the "because im a girl" card but i swear its harder. I have to weed out the ragers, youngins, and pervs haha. So give me some advice, how do i go about making good gaming friends?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, i really appreciate it.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

From experience, its seem different type of genre will yield different type of gaming groups. Take first person shooters for example, you'll generally find the so called "12 yrs old", trash talker, troll, etc... For the cooperation oriented games, you usually find the more down to earth group because they aren't drawn by the allure of just winning but rather are just looking for a good time with helping fellow gamer. Though these are just instances that I have come across, so it might be different for you. My advice is not to seek out individuals when playing but rather have a good time, and if someone you recognize from prior game session adds you then add them back.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@glitterella: What @DivineSword said and don't forget the PS4 has a community feature, join some groups, turn on the "friends recommend", that's 2 great ways of finding like-minded gamers.

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Glitterella

I always forget about the communities, thanks for reminding me

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

Also depends on what kind of games you want to play? I have a PS4 too but haven't bothered paying for PS Plus so online mp is pretty much a no go area for me these days on my console. I still do it on the pc and in all honesty, if you're looking ti play together or competitively the pc is the way to go for online mp.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@glitterella: Communities is a good way of finding few decent people but its rare. I have maybe 3-4 people that I actually would play something. I would suggest giving an invite to the good people you manage to play with online. More then likely mature people will accept it.

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Glitterella

@soul_starter: Yeah ive been considering pc here lately. Its something im definitely wanting to try.

Luckily I had a free month code and then a free 3 month code from buying the PS4 through GS. So i got 4 months free, which was nice.

@Sokol4ever:Yeah i have a good Gems of War community but my others like COD, Fallout, they seem to have random spam type stuff so its hard to see the decent people. I guess im just gonna play and hopefully meet some cool ppl in game, then build friendships/gameships lol

zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I play mainly with people I know on a personal basis. I also found some really good online/Facebook/personal friends by joining a clan.

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Glitterella

@zero3one: yeah i need to find a clan. I keep checking forums, online, in game, its just harder than i thought lol.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12

@glitterella: Your expecting to find friends the wrong way.

You wont find good friends for long in a AAA game/community, if you want genuine friends, look for smaller games/communities and they might be in the same scenario as you, looking for people/clans/friends in the big games.

If you go directly for the large communities, they will be full of trolls/spammers.

zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

@glitterella: I'll message you with some info that you may find useful.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

@glitterella: If you play Bloodborne you can add me its the only online game i have for my ps4. unlikely to change (until the inevitable Demon's Souls Remaster) as i am more a single player gamer and pc is my prefered gaming platform psn and steam are both raschel2010. On pc i play Dark Souls and Borderlands franchise. I dislike competitive games co-op 98% for me!

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@glitterella: If I had a ps4 I would play with you. I find it very difficult to even play any games with voice chat on because of all the bull shit you hear in games. I have no idea on advice on finding decent people to play with however... I'm really bad at being social, I pretty much just play with my wife or by myself.

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Glitterella

@GTR12: yeah, thats exactly how its been too. I actually left a couple communities because they are useless. Im in a guild in Gems of War and joined their community, been talking with them, so im heading in the right direction.

I just never thought that it would be so hard. I dont expect to be bff with everyone lol but I do like certain games better with more friends.

My real life friends dont game, they know nothing about it, so i like having people to talk to, and discuss with. Im enjoying the forums a lot, thanks to everyone for being nice and helpful

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

For the most part, basically the main people I play with on my PS4 are people I know in my personal life. I have a bunch of friends on PSN, but they're basically just on my friends list for dropping in random games here and there if they have the same one as I do. Or just people I had on PS3 that I still have added for whatever reason.

What kind of games do you play? I'm not a kid, and would be down. Although most of my free gaming time is pretty much weekends these days.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Join a group for specific games. That way you can skip the dildoes and message the coherant people to play.

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Glitterella

Yeah i am finding some good people through here lol. Yayyyy

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

I'm a member of only two groups. Hunters Night Out and Bloodborne's Finest. I shit you not, I have not hooked up with one single tool when playing. The system actually works.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

It's very hard to find good people online, especially on the consoles.

If you do manage to get into a good game with someone online, and the game gives you an option for a rematch with the same people, or to continue playing with them, then take it. Play enough games in a row, and I'm sure friend requests will be sent out by the end of the night.

gooch4011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gooch4011
Member since 2016 • 139 Posts

The groups are a good idea especially if you play Bloodborne. Clans in my experience have been a bad idea. They made it feel to much like work, not to mention most of our meetings felt like Dr Phil episodes because someome was always butthurt because we didnt play with them. These where grown men and women too....

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

I put up an ad on time square in new york.

"looking for players, call me if you're ready to hook up for all nighters, I have a lot of stamina and I'm looking for a good time."

Apparently there are a lot of people who love video games, a lot of them want to come over so apparently couch co op isn't dead after all.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Stick with real friends and family for that.

Screwit9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Screwit9000
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

@locus-solus: I actually am looking for others to play bloodborne with, if you are interested message me. @glitterella: you can also search the "players met" section of the PlayStation. If you played with someone good and genuine, and can't remember there PSN, you can always look there.

philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts

I use Tinder. Works great.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@glitterella said:

I know there is a PSN ID thread and ive posted in it. Im wanting advice on how to find a good mix of players to play with. Do you meet people in forums, real life, in game, etc? Im new to owning a ps4, ive been playing since launch but got tired of using the bf's. I only have a few friends right now and im finding it hard to find decent ones. Im a 28 year old female so im not wanting to play with 12 year olds lol. Im not trying to throw the "because im a girl" card but i swear its harder. I have to weed out the ragers, youngins, and pervs haha. So give me some advice, how do i go about making good gaming friends?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, i really appreciate it.

Its many grown adult women who play games, Coolyfett would suggest keep playing online eventually cool people will show up. You just have play online often.

nikeswoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nikeswoosh
Member since 2003 • 943 Posts

Yes i feel the same i only play wit personal freinds and wanting more ive had xbone for long time srry guys ps4 was my first choice but didnt have the money back then im now a proud owner of a ps4 so if u want to add me my psn is lt_fatal had it for years wit my ps3 im 29 going on 30 so im not to lil kid :)

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

I have the same problem too. Most of friends don't play video games or they play manly sports and fighting games. I'm a woman too so idk that maybe where some of the problem is in making friends on games. I play more single player but I do play overwatch.

Geekmode001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Geekmode001
Member since 2017 • 8 Posts

@glitterella: just posting this was a good idea. I only play on a weird schedule because of work and i only play destiny, fallout 4 and elder scrolls online but im happy to find people that share my passion for gaming. If you're interested my gamertag is geekmode1.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GTR12

@geekmode001 said:

@glitterella: just posting this was a good idea. I only play on a weird schedule because of work and i only play destiny, fallout 4 and elder scrolls online but im happy to find people that share my passion for gaming. If you're interested my gamertag is geekmode1.

No, you posting in a 1yr old thread was a shit idea.

And there's a damn sticky.