venom0706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 venom0706
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

I just bought a PS4 (500 GB). I am curious on how many games (on average), can the console store? I don't plan on playing more than 4-5 games at the same time, so should that be enough?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Installs range from 20-50 for "AAA" titles. You'll probably have ~420GB free or so IIRC, so you should be able to squeeze at least 8-10 big games on. I can definitely see how people run out of space, but personally it hasn't been a problem for me, because I'm never ever playing 10 AAA titles on my console at a time. I'll play a couple at most, and when I finish then I play some new stuff.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Installs range from 20-50 for "AAA" titles. You'll probably have ~420GB free or so IIRC, so you should be able to squeeze at least 8-10 big games on. I can definitely see how people run out of space, but personally it hasn't been a problem for me, because I'm never ever playing 10 AAA titles on my console at a time. I'll play a couple at most, and when I finish then I play some new stuff.

Same here

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

For starters you don´t have 500 GBs, the OS eats around 80, so you have 400 for games since most updates for those 8-10 games will eat up those 20 ish GBs that in theory you have, also take in consideration that downloading games from the store requires twice as much of the game size of free storage space in the HDD for that purpose, for example, if the games is 40 GB in size you´ll need 80 GB, once the game is downloaded and installed the system will "return" you that extra 40 GB it borrowed but if you don´t have it the download won´t occur.

So before you start doing anything my recommendation is to upgrade your HDD for a larger one.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

16 Blu Ray Disc based games. I have 20 PS4 physical games. But only 16 are able to be loaded on my PS4. The other game are the monthly PS Plus monthly free rental throw ins. But only a faction of the PSplus offering are able to be loaded on my PS4. I have bought Sound Shapes and Octodad which have no PS4 physical disc option. So I also have them loaded on my PS4. 17 Blu ray games seems to be the limit. If I deleted all of the PS plus freebies and just kept only Octodad and sound Shapes.

I have completely filled up my 500 GB HDD. I even deleted the fabled PT demo. To free up the 1.1 GB but I filled up my HDD.

In contrast the 40 GB PS3 can hold 41 Blu Ray Disc game data installs. The PS4 only 16/17 retail games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

16 Blu Ray Disc based games. I have 20 PS4 physical games. But only 16 are able to be loaded on my PS4. The other game are the monthly PS Plus monthly free rental throw ins. But only a faction of the PSplus offering are able to be loaded on my PS4. I have bought Sound Shapes and Octodad which have no PS4 physical disc option. So I also have them loaded on my PS4. 17 Blu ray games seems to be the limit. If I deleted all of the PS plus freebies and just kept only Octodad and sound Shapes.

I have completely filled up my 500 GB HDD. I even deleted the fabled PT demo. To free up the 1.1 GB but I filled up my HDD.

In contrast the 40 GB PS3 can hold 41 Blu Ray Disc game data installs. The PS4 only 16/17 retail games.

What the Christ?

Use Goddamn numbers

"Can hold 41 Blu Ray Disc game data installs"

That's not a unit of measurement.

As for the topic creator, games are different sizes, go look at their sizes and subtract that from the size of your hand drive, problem solved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Depends on the game.. Have games that are 30+ then I have games that are like 8-10

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Luckily it's very fast to re-install a game via the disc if you ever need to delete a game install to make room. However, many games to tend to have multi-gig patches to download and install when you install a game for the first time, so that's kind of a bummer on the other hand.

But like everyone's said, it's obviously going to vary on the sizes of the games you play, especially if you count smaller non-disc based games you download on the PlayStation Store. Anyway, my physical games, on average, are about 25GB each. Considering you really only have about 400GB or so of free space, that would be about 16 full-sized games I could install. But of course if I got more 40GB+ games like Killzone: Shadow Fall, that would skew those numbers.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It depends on the game...

Some games are 1GB. Other games are 50GB.