alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alanissak320
Member since 2015 • 103 Posts

I recently got a ps3 and ps4. Found the ps3 at a thrift shop broken (RLOD) i fixed it, works. Ps4 just bought it. Now i heard a Ps Vita is basically another controller for ps4 plus it displays the ps4 on the controller. I want to get a ps vita for this reason plus some of the games it has looks cool. But is it worth it to spend $200+ for a handheld console. If it is worth it should i wait till the new model comes out or are they all the same thing.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

The vita is impressive and has a lot of interesting games, especially in the JRPG and indie scene, with a lot that offer cross buy and save with the PS4. Definitely recommend getting one as a dedicated mobile gaming option and my personal preference is the older model as it is a bit bigger and has an OLED display.

However if the main objective is an extra controller, it is probably better to get another dual shock.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Vita is great if you have PS+, I can tell you I have more games to play on Vita than I have time to play!

Also, the Vita works great with the PS4. The lady can continue to play PS4 games on vita while I change the channel to play PS3 games. :P

Personally, I like the older Vita due to larger size and OLED screen.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

If you like the idea of remote play and really like Japanese imports then the PSV is for you.

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alanissak320

@Undue_Influence: I know. That's just one feature that makes me want to get it more. But thats not the only reason i just wan to play the exclusives. Also another question is the 3g one better/worth it

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@alanissak320 said:

I recently got a ps3 and ps4. Found the ps3 at a thrift shop broken (RLOD) i fixed it, works. Ps4 just bought it. Now i heard a Ps Vita is basically another controller for ps4 plus it displays the ps4 on the controller. I want to get a ps vita for this reason plus some of the games it has looks cool. But is it worth it to spend $200+ for a handheld console. If it is worth it should i wait till the new model comes out or are they all the same thing.

Depends, do you play handheld much?

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alanissak320

@The_Last_Ride: i havent really had one for years

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

I regret buying one myself not many games and there is a bit of lag between my vita and ps4 at times.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The Vita is a great handheld, but there are not that many games for it and Sony has basically stopped supporting it. The memory card is expensive too. But you can play every PS4 game through Remote Play with the exception of those games that require the PS4 Camera. If you really want one, I recommend you try to find a deal on ebay or something, but don't pay $200 for it.

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alanissak320

@ButDuuude: ya I found $150 ones but I dont want used. So I still dont know debating on the new 3ds or ps vita

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts
@ButDuuude said:

The Vita is a great handheld, but there are not thatmany games for it and Sony has basically stopped supporting it.

Err... this isn't 2012 anymore. Contrary to the bandwagon belief, Sony (SCEA) is still giving the Vita a bone every now and then. Japanese third-party support (and localization efforts), however, is great as always.

@alanissak320 said:

But is it worth it to spend $200+ for a handheld console. If it is worth it should i wait till the new model comes out or are they all the same thing.

If you plan on a long-term investment for the portable, get at least a 32GB card. The slimmer Vita has a longer battery life + 1GB internal storage though you won't be able to use it together with a memory card.

Up to you if you want a New 3DS instead. The 3DS and PSV libraries are different and rarely overlap with the games. I think it all comes down to the genres you prefer to play. Can't go wrong with either of them anyway.

Avatar image for phantom_genesis
Phantom_Genesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Phantom_Genesis
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@alanissak320 said:

It's worth it just for Persona 4 tbh.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Get it if you have any interest in:

1. Persona 4 golden

2. If you own ps plus

3. If you plan on using it for remote play.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

Look at the games you are interested in. If you only want to play RPGs than VitaTV can play Hearts R and Persona 4.

If you play games in any other category than you probably are gonna want the handheld because most games forced gimmicks asside from Tearaway which was built with the features in mind.

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alanissak320

@marcheegsr: I want it for the most of the things listed

factor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By factor89
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Depends... I owned one for one month (PS plus owner here), at first the remote play and the device itself is really impressive.

But when it comes to gaming... the library sucks imho, I basically played the Plus games only before I decided to sell it to a friend that wanted just for the remote play and netflix lol.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Havnt played mine for years.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

It's good for what it is, a serious handheld system. There are games on it, don't worry about that and you can look it up yourself. What I like is that they're all mature, and the graphics are comparable to a PS3.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

It's complete crap and @Blabadon knows it.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Have one and never even touch it. Can't recommend it, even if you like handhelds. It's like Sony completely neglects it.

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alanissak320

@jdfan56k: ya but i heard they are going to relaunch it

alanissak320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alanissak320

well i want to say i got it and its pretty fun thanks everyone for your help to making me decide.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

I got it too.