How does HD on ps3 work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lgottagoPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lgottagoPP
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Well I have an SDTV and i'm moving to a 32" Sony Bravia that supports 1080p and ill obviously want my PS3 to play games HDTV, but my friend keeps telling me you need an HDTV box to play HD games I only thought you needed an HDMI cable to connect from your ps3 to TV and change settings on ps3?

Thanks for your help

mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts
you've got it 100% right. PS3 + HDTV + HDMI = High def glory
ralphfurley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ralphfurley
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
u only need an hdtv, a hdmi cable, or a set of component cables, and of course your ps3.

no hd box required
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Your friend is dumb... You just need an HDTV, a PS3, and an HDMI cable.... none of the "box" business he's talking aboot..
GolemX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GolemX
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

LMAO! Tell your friend to keep watching his TV programs and let youdo your Full HD gaming in peace.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

HD BOX!! LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA LOL ROFL LMFAO HAHAHAHAbarker132000

I feel the same. That stuff is a scam, the channels are overpriced and so is the box.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well I have an SDTV and i'm moving to a 32" Sony Bravia that supports 1080p and ill obviously want my PS3 to play games HDTV, but my friend keeps telling me you need an HDTV box to play HD games I only thought you needed an HDMI cable to connect from your ps3 to TV and change settings on ps3?

Thanks for your help

lgottagoPP

No, you don't need any "box" or any BS like that. You just need an HDMI cable. There would be HDMI cable slots on the back (or side) of your TV. Step on your friend's toe or something lol

ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ryokinshin6x3
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
Punching him in the face is a better idea, but maybe you won't be friends after. HD box = HD channels. Just remember that when you change from HDMI to component and composite you need to hold the power button, but when going back to HDMI you don't need to .