how do i get saved game files to my PS3? URGENT! NEED HELP! LOST OLD DATA!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts

i download .hack//Quarintine data from GameFAQ's, i would like to use it on my ps3, since my old data for it is on my PS2 memory card and i lost my memory card. how do i get it onto my PS3, and then get it to work on the PS3? where do i save it to?

Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Haseokicksass
Bump, i need awsners, dont me mean.
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jdogthebomb09
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts
You can't.
Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Haseokicksass
you fart fish! your lieing! LIES! I know someone who did it!
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jdogthebomb09
Sorry dude, but you cant do it.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
wait it doesnt work? i swear i heard that you could transfer ps3 save files onto your ps3???? or can you do that?... but you cant for ps2 and ps1 saves?
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jdogthebomb09
No you cant. You can get the adapter and transfer, but you cant download save of the internet, and put it on your PS3. At least not for PS/PS2 games.
wait it doesnt work? i swear i heard that you could transfer ps3 save files onto your ps3???? or can you do that?... but you cant for ps2 and ps1 saves?supras989
Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
The PS3 has a different save format for PS1/PS2 games. GameFaq's save files won't work.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

i download .hack//Quarintine data from GameFAQ's, i would like to use it on my ps3, since my old data for it is on my PS2 memory card and i lost my memory card. how do i get it onto my PS3, and then get it to work on the PS3? where do i save it to?

Haseokicksass

You might be able to as long as there's no user name in the files. I'm not sure.  But you'll also have to know the exact path that the PS3 needs them to be. And the naming scheme.
EXPORT is for PS/PS2 games.
And Game Saves is for PS3 games.
I'll do more testing on this. I've been meanting to test this out because I want to save my game saves (PS2/PS3) on my computer.
I am unable to do this with the BACKUPs. Once you change any time stamp on the files you saved from the BACKUP it wont read them on the PS3. 
But backing up game saves to a Flash or CF card is DOES work. I just tried copying the files to my computer and back overtop the files and successfully read them on my PS3. I need to play the game and open the save file again to make sure though...
deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

You can do it. I back up my datas to my PC once in a while.

First, make sure you have no files with the same name on your PS3.

Second, create a PS3 folder on a memory stick or a USB key. Then you need a folder for every games. They use random codes, but if you copy a similar save file (from the same game) to your USB key, it will create the folders for you. Now copy the downloaded save file in it and it should work IF the downloaded file is in the right format. I do know that it works to copy them to the PC and later copy them to the PS3. I had to do it in Oblivion because of a major glitch that ruined my progress. 

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Second, create a PS3 folder on a memory stick or a USB key. Then you need a folder for every games. They use random codes, but if you copy a similar save file (from the same game) to your USB key, it will create the folders for you. Now copy the downloaded save file in it and it should work IF the downloaded file is in the right format. I do know that it works to copy them to the PC and later copy them to the PS3. I had to do it in Oblivion because of a major glitch that ruined my progress.

deadkingdg

No, it won't work. Gamefaqs saves are in Codebreak/Gameshark/Xploder/Action Replay formats, which aren't supported by Sony and only readable with that cheat device. And as such, you could only transfer thing on PS2 cause you can't use PS2 "needing" USB inputs on PS3 cause it's not programed to do so. The only way is to get a memory card and a memory card converter, get the said cheat disk, load it to your PS2 memory card on PS2, then transfer it on PS3. You aren't going to find PSV saves. 

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="deadkingdg"]

Denji

No, it won't work. Gamefaqs saves are in Codebreak/Gameshark/Xploder/Action Replay formats, which aren't supported by Sony and only readable with that cheat device. And as such, you could only transfer thing on PS2 cause you can't use PS2 "needing" USB inputs on PS3 cause it's not programed to do so. The only way is to get a memory card and a memory card converter, get the said cheat disk, load it to your PS2 memory card on PS2, then transfer it on PS3. You aren't going to find PSV saves.

I wasn't talking about game cheats. I was talking about just normal save files. That way, I could send you a game that I've finished and you could use that instead of starting the game from the beginning.

elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

I've been trying to do this for a while now. I got a GT4 .psv file from someone send to me through email. I put it on my usb key but the ps3 won't recognise it. I'm thinking maybe i need to give a folder on the usb key a specific name to get it to work like the music/videos folders.

Just putting the .psv file on a usb key won't work, i know that much for sure.

negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
In order to get PSV file to work on the PS3 you have to have them in PS3/EXPORT/PSV directory on the flash drive or whatever. Then it has to be named "BASCUS-9732847414D4544415441.PSV" (ONLY for GT4, every game has a different name) and you put that into a virtual memory card you've already setup for PS2 files. BAM! there is the GT4 save file you got from a friend or whatever. I've done it with many save files I've sent and received via emails, the only problem is it has to be a PSV file.
elcoholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elcoholic
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts

In order to get PSV file to work on the PS3 you have to have them in PS3/EXPORT/PSV directory on the flash drive or whatever. Then it has to be named "BASCUS-9732847414D4544415441.PSV" (ONLY for GT4, every game has a different name) and you put that into a virtual memory card you've already setup for PS2 files. BAM! there is the GT4 save file you got from a friend or whatever. I've done it with many save files I've sent and received via emails, the only problem is it has to be a PSV file.negtegra

Wow, it worked. You're awesome. Thanks man!

jonnymorrisuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jonnymorrisuk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I had to do it in Oblivion because of a major glitch that ruined my progress.

deadkingdg

I'm looking for a fix for the glitch that allows Shum to die, meaning that I can't buy the house in Skingrad (this kinda ruins that part of the game for me). Could you elaborate on what glitch you had and what you did to fix it? :)

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
call sony support they are full of information
Ticklethis275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Ticklethis275
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts
ok if it is a PS2 memory card you have to buy an adapter wich is around 20 USD
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
Save it to an SD card. Then put it in your PS3. Go to the memory card utility thing under the game section. Click triangle while highlighting the SD card and click display All. Voila!
clayton109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clayton109
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

How do I get ps3 save game files from the internet onto m ps3? if it matters, mines 80gb, and the save game file is for metal gear solid 4, the website i tried downloading it from is www.gamefaqs.com. Do i need to download it through my ps3's wi fi? If someone could get back to me on this id really appreciate it.

Clayton109

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

How do I get ps3 save game files from the internet onto m ps3? if it matters, mines 80gb, and the save game file is for metal gear solid 4, the website i tried downloading it from is www.gamefaqs.com. Do i need to download it through my ps3's wi fi? If someone could get back to me on this id really appreciate it.

Clayton109

clayton109

you need a usb flash drive (thats what i use atleast) download it to your comp, go to youtube, there are a whole bunch of vids on how to do it, most of them are very straight forward and easy to follow (you can just pause the vid and go do what the vid is telling you if need me)

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

No you cant. You can get the adapter and transfer, but you cant download save of the internet, and put it on your PS3. At least not for PS/PS2 games.[QUOTE="supras989"]wait it doesnt work? i swear i heard that you could transfer ps3 save files onto your ps3???? or can you do that?... but you cant for ps2 and ps1 saves?jdogthebomb09

Yes you can. If it says PS2 Virtual Memory Card Save or whatever on to a memory stick under the right files lol then you can copy it on to the PS3.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
"gizmo_logix" I wasn't talking about game cheats. I was talking about just normal save files. That way, I could send you a game that I've finished and you could use that instead of starting the game from the beginning."

tch dude he means that the only way to obtain save files from a PS2 is by using a cheat device like action replay , it's the ONLY way you could rip your save files from your magic gate card to your PC , and that save gets created by the cheat device in a format that the PS3 wouldn't be able to read neither PS2 unless you had the cheat device that was used to rip the save files , it should says so above the save file in a big text, you also have to make sure that it's the same region as your copy otherwise it won't work, i used to get save files that way when i used to have a action reply, it was a real pain and a hassle to transfer save files back and forth between your PS2 and your PC , with PS3 all you need is a flash drive and that's it.

aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

"gizmo_logix" I wasn't talking about game cheats. I was talking about just normal save files. That way, I could send you a game that I've finished and you could use that instead of starting the game from the beginning."

tch dude he means that the only way to obtain save files from a PS2 is by using a cheat device like action replay , it's the ONLY way you could rip your save files from your magic gate card to your PC , and that save gets created by the cheat device in a format that the PS3 wouldn't be able to read neither PS2 unless you had the cheat device that was used to rip the save files , it should says so above the save file in a big text, you also have to make sure that it's the same region as your copy otherwise it won't work, i used to get save files that way when i used to have a action reply, it was a real pain and a hassle to transfer save files back and forth between your PS2 and your PC , with PS3 all you need is a flash drive and that's it.

king-micky207

i know but theres a utilty which converts savefiles from cheat device format to default ps2 format.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]"gizmo_logix" I wasn't talking about game cheats. I was talking about just normal save files. That way, I could send you a game that I've finished and you could use that instead of starting the game from the beginning."

aryanbrar

i know but theres a utilty which converts savefiles from cheat device format to default ps2 format.

You went back to a two year old thread just to post that???

And yes there is. I've come across those programs two years ago. But they don't convert to PSV because hackers can't crack the Magicgate encryption. It's still useless as far as PS3 goes.