How come some ppl didnt like Resistance 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

I just finished R1 and I must say that I really enjoyed the campaign. I was interested in getting 2 but I heard a lot of people found R2 underwhelming. So my question why didnt ppl like R2 assuming they liked the first one?

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
I found Resistance 2 alot better than the first... The multiplayer, both Competitive and Co-Operative, is awesome..
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I've never heard of Pesistance 2. Was there even a Pesistance 1? :)
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
IMO bigger didn't mean it was better. The graphics (in some respects) were actually downgraded IMO, such as pixellation being noticable with objects at a distance. The glass breaking effects were also totally lame compared to RFOM. Just another example... I think the co-op is really cheap. In single player, you practically take down the entire Chimera forces all on your own (with the help of allies occasionally). Yet, in co-op, a typical Hybrid Chimera takes tons more hits before going down. The boss battles are repetitive and boring. 10 minutes of just blasting the crap out of a giant Chimera that has no brains and sits in the same spot just looking at you with intermittent attacks. Overall, I was not impressed, and rather annoyed with various aspects of the game. This is coming from a person who enjoyed the first Resistance greatly. Just my opinion, but those are a few of the things that made me lose interest and stop playing it within a month or so of its release, and just a few weeks ago I sold it on eBay.
demonkid63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 demonkid63
Member since 2006 • 953 Posts

what was pesistance 2's score?

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

Pesistence 2 sucks so much. Pesistence 1 was waaaaayyy better.

Now Resistence 2 was awesome and improved on the first in just about every way.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
lol....Pesistance :lol: as for the question, i loved FoM, but R2 was lame imo b/c of terrible competitive MP, horrible visuals, a mediocre campaign with an uninteresting story, and the fact that they took the weapon wheel from FoM out :evil: overall its a decent game that's fun for a while, but tbh i really don't think it's that great... certainly not AAA-worthy, which is what gamespot rated it.
Dankodefense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Dankodefense
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

RFoM was a great game and R2 just couldn't live up. I think the main prblems were the change in controls, and only allowing 2 weapons. Before R2 was released I was hoping that R2 would simply steal CoD4's control layout and when they did it just did not work out as well as I had hoped. Also being able to pick up and carry every weapon in RFoM at one time was sweet and it was a shame they took that away.

R2 is still a good game and worth playing if you liked RFoM but you will not be blown away.

I actually missed the worst part here. No 2 player local campagin mode. That was possibly the best part of RFoM and often is the best part of most video games. It was completly abondoned and replaced for a terrible local multiplayer piece of junk.

stripbeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stripbeer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i never played R2 and now i must say im happy i didnt. i didnt really enjoy R1 to much.

vayaconmiamigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vayaconmiamigo
Member since 2003 • 499 Posts

i liked the single player of R2 but not the multiplayer all that much.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nephilim83
Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lol
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lolNephilim83
Sure thing. I'll be waiting. By then I'll probably make a post about Persistance 3 :P

THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

I just finished R1 and I must say that I really enjoyed the campaign. I was interested in getting 2 but I heard a lot of people found R2 underwhelming. So my question why didnt ppl like R2 assuming they liked the first one?

InfinityMugen
it gets quite boring and annoying eventually
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lolNephilim83
i saw it for $39.99 at best buy today. that's about what R2 should've cost the day it released...
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Because they have the ability to form their own opinions and decisions? Personally, I loved R2-- much better than the R1

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lolInfinityMugen

Sure thing. I'll be waiting. By then I'll probably make a post about Persistance 3 :P

Persistance? I thought we were talking about Pesistance? lol But if they did make another game in the series I'm sure Persistance would be an appropriate title.
Avatar image for Xecution99Style
Xecution99Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xecution99Style
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lolDoolz2024
i saw it for $39.99 at best buy today. that's about what R2 should've cost the day it released...

i thought this was a UK forum...maybe im wrong..because its early morning and still alot of posters, lol
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Here's some of the reasons I didn't like R2. Keep in mind that I loved R1.

• The removal of the weapon wheel
  • A severe lack of story compared to R1
  • I thought the boss fights, while cool to look at, were terribly boring and lacked excitement
  • Pacing felt off
  • I thought the art style was ugly

I could list even more reasons, but I'll stop there.

Honestly, I thought R2 was a huge step backward in nearly every way from the first. I loved R1, and because of that, I had huge expectations for R2. Sadly, the game was a huge disappointment for me. Not a bad game, mind you, just not nearly as good as R1, in my opinion.

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Here's some of the reasons I didn't like R2. Keep in mind that I loved R1.

• The removal of the weapon wheel
  • A severe lack of story compared to R1
  • I thought the boss fights, while cool to look at, were terribly boring and lacked excitement
  • Pacing felt off
  • I thought the art style was ugly

I could list even more reasons, but I'll stop there.

Honestly, I thought R2 was a huge step backward in nearly every way from the first. I loved R1, and because of that, I had huge expectations for R2. Sadly, the game was a huge disappointment for me. Not a bad game, mind you, just not nearly as good as R1, in my opinion.

nyc05

Flawless victory. Even the bullet points were perfect.

kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
Just got boring quick for me. Online wasn't great. Storyline wasn't too good. Boss fights weren't exactly exciting.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I thought Resistance: Fall of Man was an awesome game. I havn't played R2 yet, might wait till i find it cheap cause of the negative comments about it.
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
IMO bigger didn't mean it was better. The graphics (in some respects) were actually downgraded IMO, such as pixellation being noticable with objects at a distance. The glass breaking effects were also totally lame compared to RFOM. Just another example... I think the co-op is really cheap. In single player, you practically take down the entire Chimera forces all on your own (with the help of allies occasionally). Yet, in co-op, a typical Hybrid Chimera takes tons more hits before going down. The boss battles are repetitive and boring. 10 minutes of just blasting the crap out of a giant Chimera that has no brains and sits in the same spot just looking at you with intermittent attacks. Overall, I was not impressed, and rather annoyed with various aspects of the game. This is coming from a person who enjoyed the first Resistance greatly. Just my opinion, but those are a few of the things that made me lose interest and stop playing it within a month or so of its release, and just a few weeks ago I sold it on eBay.RotaryRX7
All the things stated here are true. Although i enjoyed it more thn R1 and wud recomend it.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

Well it depends. Most people who liked the first hated the second, and most people who loved the first hated the second.Fans didn'tlike the changes made, and fanboys where upset that Insomniac did such a great job on their second FPS game.

zheim2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zheim2003
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts

1. The campaign mode was short and incredibly linear. The story was also extremely weak. The online play, when you could play, was decent though. The co-op was fun for a while but the replay value of it was low. The competitive multiplayer was cartoonish at best. It felt like you had no real attachment to the ground and the weapons did not feel right. It may have been a bit better if it came before COD4 but it R2 still sucked.

PSN: Zizaner

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Fall of man was a superior game.. r2 was rushed and half as*ed.. co-op and 60 player online doesn't make up for poor online system (game modes, classes, squads.. ect. ), and a terrible story mode..

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
resistance 1 was bland and just meh, like it was good when it came out but resistance 2 blows it out of water, good visuals, fun campaign and co-op etc. however it was quite a change compared to the first
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I'm playing through R2 at the moment, and I am liking it. I love the way it looks, and the way it plays too. I do think they should have kept the same weapon system that was in the first, instead of just being able to carry two at a time. Two at a time is ok, but there are so many cool weapons in the game that people might miss out on because the bullseye and carbine work so well. I also don't like the fact that sometimes when you start a new chapter, the game gives you different weapons, even though it's right after you left off. Killzone 2 also had this and I didn't like it.

Saying that, I am finding the gameplay generally to be a lot tighter in R2. I love the setting more than the first. The story is pretty weak, but these kind of games don't need amazing stories, I would be playing them anyway. :)
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
I really enjoyed R2. It was much better than R1, and I think the SP was even better then KZ2...
Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts

In all honesty it was a big let down to me. I mean it was a good game..but far from "groundbreakingly awsome" the graphics were subpar especially if you got close to something and the online was meh at best for me. I really wanted to liek it, but i just don't know

rahul_rul210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rahul_rul210
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
the storyline
MJ_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MJ_SPARTAN
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
I'm one of the people who didn't like R2. R:FoM was a very good game and really well polished for a launch title. The graphics were good and the story was good too. The single player campaign was fun, but the multi player campaign was straight up BALLIN'. The online was ok at the time considering that PSN just then started to take of. R:FoM is one of my favorite PS3 games. With all that being said I was hoping that R2 would pick up where R;FoM had left off. So I went and copped the limited edition and was really pumped for the game. I put it into the triple and then i was like WTF because the graphics blew. R:FoM had way better graphics. Now I know that most people say graphics don't make the game, but that only counts for games that are story driven not an FPS, which the main strong point is the visuals. The campaign wasn't as good ad I didn't really like the online either. I kind of feel like it tried to be HALO, which regardless of what anyone says is the most polished and balanced online console game ever created. They shouldn't boast about a game with up to 64 players and then release something that should have come out three years ago just so that it an support that statement. The campaign was pretty bland too and I could never figure out how to do the local multi player campaign. It just feels like it was a downgrade from R;FoM instead of an upgrade such as the difference between Killzone and KZ2, which is straight money. That game is banging. The visuals and the sound are phenomenal and so is he online and single player.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
R2 was good until KZ2 came out. When KZ2 came out, R2 went away for me.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I liked R2 alot but to be safe if I were you I would rent for a week and if you like go and buy it.

THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for EasyToTalkToIty
EasyToTalkToIty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EasyToTalkToIty
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
I actually enjoyed Resistance 2 so much that ended up buying Resistance:FoM. I think R2 is better, if you enjoyed R:FoM, you'll surely enjoy R2!
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts
I actually enjoyed Resistance 2 so much that ended up buying Resistance:FoM. I think R2 is better, if you enjoyed R:FoM, you'll surely enjoy R2!EasyToTalkToIty
quite the opposite..
mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

I love Resistance 2. If it wasn't for Killzone2 i will still play it. single player is not the strongest point of R2, multiplayer is. Team death match with 62 players on one map is just awesome :D Co-operative mode which is my favorite with 8 players trying to clear a whole level of bosses and extra difficult mobs. You can't beat that.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
R2 was an ok game.
Avatar image for EasyToTalkToIty
EasyToTalkToIty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EasyToTalkToIty
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
quite the opposite.. NaughtyRag
quite the opposite of your opposite...
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]Aw, dude, you fixed the thread title. Now nobody will get the Pesistance jokes... :( I'm not happy any more. ................. Anyway, as to actually contribute to the topic: I never played R2 simply because so much better stuff came out around the same time, and I just lost all interest. Then I heard all this bad stuff about it. Then I just forgot it existed. I thought R1 was awesome, so If I ever catch it sittin' cheap I'll buy it. Then I'll come back and tell you why I don't like it. lolDoolz2024

I saw it at Walmart for 29.99 last week, don't know why the price is going down, it can't be that bad
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
i felt like the 2nd one was just a over the top intro to what would be the 3rd one would be like
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

I can't speak for everyone but I enjoyed R2. The single player was good and the online co-op is fantastic.

myownkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 myownkeeper
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

im not sure why i didn't like it

in the first 10 min i got sick to my stomach from the gameplay, the colors and blurry images in the begening realy didn't agree with me

BlackHawkSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlackHawkSaber
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

Simple. The severe lack of off-line co-op campaign made this game terrible. If they don't bring that back for R3, I will not be buying it.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

InfinityMugen
its simple, their not very bright...
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I liked the campaign, but the silent PSN killed MP for me. Its too hard to have a fun coordinated co-op session if only one other person has a mic and doesn't talk.
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts

Ive tried both, its just the game itself, the shooting feels to fake. The melee in the 1st one was a one hit kill. It just gave me a headache. But in all honesty there are few games that actually live up to my standards. AKA MGS4. Killzone 2 was the same as R2 for me.