Horizon Zero Dawn Reviews Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

IGN - 9.3

Gamespot - 9

Good job Guerrilla Games with your new franchise.

Day one for me. :)

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Yeah, really pleased to see the feedback is so good. This gets the gaming year started properly.

hedbonkerps4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hedbonkerps4
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Looks incredible! Cant wait to play this!

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Kinda Funny Games - Video Review

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

5/5 on giant bomb

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

can't wait until next week

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I was expecting towards the lower 80's honestly, glad to see I was wrong. Probably going to invest in a PS4 Pro before I get around to playing it.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Feedback is good, but I'm very surprised if anyone is still playing this in April. Or if anyone still remembers the game when GOTYs are discussed in December.

I got the feeling the game is a bit too simple and one dimensional to really make a mark. Bit like Shadow of Mordor, really.

I mean everybody loved Shadow of Mordor, but after a week or so, they turned to other, more involving and complex games. I know I did.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

Feedback is good, but I'm very surprised if anyone is still playing this in April. Or if anyone still remembers the game when GOTYs are discussed in December.

I got the feeling the game is a bit too simple and one dimensional to really make a mark. Bit like Shadow of Mordor, really.

I mean everybody loved Shadow of Mordor, but after a week or so, they turned to other, more involving and complex games. I know I did.

Shadow of Mordor got GOTY here on GameSpot.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

mordor made a mark. it was goty in 2014. although admittedly it was slim pickings that year. but i'll be happy if horizon makes a mordor-like mark on me. hopefully my memory and attention span is a bit better than yours and i'll still be playing it a week later and remembering it come december

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

The forced hype around this game makes me sick, the game isn't out yet and every reviewer in the world gave it 9-10 score, it's ridiculous. it could be really good game but all this promotion promotion promotion thing is disgusting.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Looks so good.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

@sukraj said:

can't wait until next week

Same here my friend my Ps4 pro its ready

MindsEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MindsEye
Member since 2003 • 639 Posts

I figured I would get a playstation 4 when red dead redemption 2 was released. After I saw the gameplay for this game along with the reviews that changed. Oh what is this? A souped up ps4? What is hdr? Hmm I could replace my 36" hdtv. One thing leads to another and I find myself with a 55" hdr10 compatible tv, a home theater in a box speaker set, ps4 pro, and zero dawn in the mail and my wallet about $1500 lighter.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@MindsEye: lol. Well hey, sometimes you gotta splurge. Treat yourself to something nice. You won't regret it in the long run once the credit card bill passes through your financial system

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sukraj

I'm on a tight budget after splashing out on an Oled Tv and I really need to start saving up for the scorpio but I'm not sure if it'll be any good but nonetheless I'm skint.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

Cant wait to play it! Stuck on a conference call and the mailman just delivered my copy!

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I'm only 6 hours in, but I am enjoying the hell out of it!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sukraj

@Johnny_Rock said:

I'm only 6 hours in, but I am enjoying the hell out of it!

are you playing on the PRO bro.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

OK I installed it and the patch. I saw the intro been played but didn't watch it as I wanted to watch it all way threw as it just started up. I press new game and it says. 6 years later. I cant get the intro to work again so I don't no what happened 6 years ago :(

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#21 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

@skipper847 said:

OK I installed it and the patch. I saw the intro been played but didn't watch it as I wanted to watch it all way threw as it just started up. I press new game and it says. 6 years later. I cant get the intro to work again so I don't no what happened 6 years ago :(

Basically your mentor who adopted you trains you a bunch. You fall into some underground ruins, find some ear piece thingamajiggy that's tech from many years ago, and it is a device that tracks the robots movements, scans things, etc.

You didn't miss a ton.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skipper847

@trav_have: I managed to delete save game. I don't play much on PS4 so took a while to figure out. lol. I no I said I wasn't going to delete my save and start again on this game but as seen as ive never pressed new game I thought it be ok just to see intro. :P

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@skipper847: you can watch the cut scenes - videos again, just check the menus... :)

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skipper847

How long was it be you went to the proving?. I'm 4 hours in and still collecting and practicing killing. :P

Left4Jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Left4Jess
Member since 2017 • 41 Posts

This game is amazing. I was a bit annoyed when I ready today's article about how people were displeased with not being able to control machines. Most likely not a necessity for the game.

Zan1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Zan1987
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts

Absolutely loved it. Finished it half an hour ago and I am so happy to say that it did not disappoint. I have beeb watching the game since announcement and was worried it would let me down but in fact, it exceeded my expectations.

Clocked in at 60 hours for my play through.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I am only about 16 % thru the game (according to the game lol) But I am thoroughly impressed. Being open world this is probably the best showcase of PS4 Pro, as this is probably the best looking console game I have ever seen. (considering it is open world!)

Its not perfect, but man it really is a great game. My girlfriend, and I are really enjoying it.

Great atmosphere, great mood, great music, great characters, great story. The forcing of less than elementary (limited) understanding at the very beginning of the game by the tribe and their beliefs, and blames, is easily off-set by such a vivid, and expanding world where the story is not confined to that context.

I plan on getting Zelda come around May on the Switch. I hope it does the same for me. I think Horizon is gonna be a new strong franchise, as I think more games in the same universe would be a good bet. That would be the opportunity to introduce full control over machines, because from what I have played of Zero Dawn, I don't think "not having control over machines" is hurting it.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@sukraj: No. Just a standard PS4.