Hopes & Dreams for Uncharted 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Description for Uncharted 4: "Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."

What are your Hopes & Dreams for Uncharted 4? What story, characters, and gameplay elementsdo you want to see improved or done in a whole better way?

voodoocanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 voodoocanzo
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

I hope they fix the insane health you get on multiplayer

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I already know what to expect from Uncharted so basically just a great story and new characters.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

I'm hoping that this gets back to the greatness of UC2, as wasn't overly impressed with UC3.

To be honest, I'm such a fan that it could be utter tripe, and I'd still get it on day one!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

My favorite series. I already have it preordered and will upgrade to the obvious collector's edition that will come.

Obviously Sully is in it. I want Elena to return in some fashion as well. Other than that, I have faith in Naughty Dog to get the job done to the satisfaction of the fans when it comes to the single player. When it comes to the multiplayer, I want arena mode back with survival mode only as an option like in U2. Then I want ND to keep up on fixing any found multiplayer glitches or cheating. Case in point, the ridiculous looking bunny hopping glitch from U2 and U3.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'd ask them to completely overhaul the gameplay. I've played Uncharted 2 and the Last of Us now from Naughty Dog. The former doesn't work, but the latter does. One of the main reasons for this is that the scenario and the gameplay are completely in sync for TLOU. What you're doing fits in perfectly with the scenario. The gameplay tells a story just as much as the characters and plot. There was also far more player agency in TLOU as well.

Uncharted 2 was about exploration and adventure without ever having any in the gameplay. It was a shooter that told the player they were on an adventure. I would ask them to let me explore freely. Let me come to my own conclusions instead of telling me every step of the way. I want to uncover clues on my own and to solve more puzzles than they have included in the past. I would love to feel like Indiana Jones. There was far more to that film franchise than shooting down waves of enemies.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i want it to be open-world with more focus on exploration (especially in the jungle areas) and less guns blazing fending off enemy after enemy.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'd ask them to completely overhaul the gameplay. I've played Uncharted 2 and the Last of Us now from Naughty Dog. The former doesn't work, but the latter does. One of the main reasons for this is that the scenario and the gameplay are completely in sync for TLOU. What you're doing fits in perfectly with the scenario. The gameplay tells a story just as much as the characters and plot. There was also far more player agency in TLOU as well.

Uncharted 2 was about exploration and adventure without ever having any in the gameplay. It was a shooter that told the player they were on an adventure. I would ask them to let me explore freely. Let me come to my own conclusions instead of telling me every step of the way. I want to uncover clues on my own and to solve more puzzles than they have included in the past. I would love to feel like Indiana Jones. There was far more to that film franchise than shooting down waves of enemies.

I disagree. A tune up to the gameplay is warranted but an overhaul to match TLOU is uncalled for especially when they're fundamentally two different genres(both shooters but the flow of the action is different). As for story and plot, well, that'll be fine. I had no problem with 3 and thought that Charlie was a fantastic addition to the stable of Drake's allies and would love to see more of him. I'd actually love to see Drake chase or be chased through a modern city perhaps part car, part rooftop, part subway all done seamlessly with plenty of traffic and pedestrians. Other than that, I'll be happy just to play in that universe again.

I do agree though that there needs to be a few more environmental puzzles . . .

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@porkchopxp said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I disagree. A tune up to the gameplay is warranted but an overhaul to match TLOU is uncalled for especially when they're fundamentally two different genres(both shooters but the flow of the action is different). As for story and plot, well, that'll be fine. I had no problem with 3 and thought that Charlie was a fantastic addition to the stable of Drake's allies and would love to see more of him. I'd actually love to see Drake chase or be chased through a modern city perhaps part car, part rooftop, part subway all done seamlessly with plenty of traffic and pedestrians. Other than that, I'll be happy just to play in that universe again.

I do agree though that there needs to be a few more environmental puzzles . . .

I'm not saying it should play like the Last of us, but that the gameplay should fit in with the context better the way it did in TLOU. I felt like I was struggling for survival in the Last of Us and that's exactly the game's premise.

Uncharted is about exploration, but the gameplay has none of that. It opts to be a shooter rather than a treasure hunting experience. I'd like the gameplay to reflect that.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

i want it to be open-world with more focus on exploration (especially in the jungle areas) and less guns blazing fending off enemy after enemy.

that soulds terrible.. not every game would be better open world, Uncharted being one of them