Homefront : The Revolution. Do not buy this game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brat1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 brat1111
Member since 2015 • 13 Posts

just some advice.. do not buy homefront : the revolution. the framerate is horrible, the graphics are ugly and the gameplay is very bad. I was so disappointed with this game, it has so many bugs that make it virtually unplayable. you can also get stuck in the environments all the time and the characters in the game always get in your way. this game is horrible. the first thing I noticed is the way it feels just to move around in general. take a game like doom on ps4 for example, everything just feels so smooth. in homefront everything feels choppy and even a simple task like grabbing and getting onto ledges cannot go without glitchy side-effects. also, the way enemies detect you when you're trying to be stealthy just seems inredibly random, so it's hard to plan your approach.

the areas in the world all look the same, and like I said, the graphics overall in this game suck. it's a shame because I was really getting into deep silver games after playing the dead island series and saints row series. sure, there were a few graphical bugs in dead island riptide on ps4 but the game was enjoyable and pretty damn good in my opinion, but homefront : the revolution was clearly not tested enough. even the looting, that is so fun in dead island is just boring in this game.

now, I bought this from ps store and there is no refund option like on steam, but if I had the physical disc I would set it on fire, for sure.

the story and the main character are also a big disappointment, and everything feels so repetitive.

it seems that the stealth and shooting mechanics are just broken,

so my advice is to stay away from this game like it's some kind of plague from the medieval ages. thanks for reading.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Thanks for the heads up but it´s old news, got a 5 score ( and I think it was generous )

brat1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brat1111

@raugutcon: it puts my mind at ease that people have already been put off by this game. nice. stay far away

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I can't say that I agree completely. I would definitely say wait for a sale and another patch before jumping into this game.

The biggest issue is the bug that freezes the game on autosave, but if they can fix and patch that out, the game immediately jumps into the 70-75 range for me. The story has a strong start and finish, middle section could have used some more thought. I also found that taking over each district by doing strike zones and the Hearts & Minds quest is oddly addicting. There are issues with the controls, mostly just the climbing issue mentioned in the OP, but by the end of the game I rarely missed a jump because of this. I also avoided using the bikes when it was not necessary, they aren't bad, just didn't feel like I needed them and they were a bit tankish control wise.

The game needed another year of development, 6 months to fix bugs and 6 months to polish it. I think if they at least patch out the bugs by November and people buy this for $30-40 they won't be too terribly disappointed. It does have the best Easter Egg of all time in TimeSplitters 2. The first 2 levels were added as an Arcade machine in a level towards the end of the game.

brat1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brat1111

@suicidesn0wman: if you want to torture yourself with this game that's fine by me, but you will not be happy. :-)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@brat1111: If you couldn't tell, I already beat the game. I stand by my review of the game. One patch and a little polish and this game would be a decent buy at $30.

brat1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brat1111

@suicidesn0wman: it's still a rip-off in my opinion