Hitman Absolution - 2 Days!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

I am so excited for this title. I have waited 6 and a half years for a sequel. I really think the user created contracts will really help the replay-ability. Is anyone as excited as I am for this awesome title? I know Hitman doesn't have the large fan base that other games like COD has. Here's hoping it's going to be an amazing game! I do not care what the rating gets, Im just happy to play a true stealth based game this gen :)

#2 Posted by Fear- (499 posts) -
I'm getting Persona 4 Golden instead, I've only played Hitman 2 which was good but never finished it, I'm waiting for the Hitman collection before I try the new one.
#3 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

I'm getting Persona 4 Golden instead, I've only played Hitman 2 which was good but never finished it, I'm waiting for the Hitman collection before I try the new one.Fear-

I had Person 4 for the PS3, it was ok...

#4 Posted by kweeni (10993 posts) -

Hell yeah Hitman is awesome. :cool:

Can't wait to play it.

Played all the previous ones. Never beat the first one though, maybe I should try it again some day. That last mission in the huge mansion was kinda hard and I was young back then. ._.

But I liked them all(even the first one that seems to have low scores). I even have two copies of the first two lol(have an individual copy of the first two but couldn't find one for the 3rd so I bought a collection that includes the first 3).

I played them all on pc though so this will my first Hitman game on ps3 because my current laptop won't be able to handle this game without tons of lag. Not that I mind though, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

#5 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

Can't wait to play it.

Played all the previous ones. Never beat the first one though, maybe I should try it again some day. That last mission in the huge mansion was kinda hard and I was young back then. ._.

But I liked them all(even the first one that seems to have low scores). I even have two copies of the first two lol(have an individual copy of the first two but couldn't find one for the 3rd so I bought a collection that includes the first 3).

I played them all on pc though so this will my first Hitman game on ps3 because my current laptop won't be able to handle this game without tons of lag. Not that I mind though, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

kweeni

Add me on PSN, so we can share created contracts :)

#6 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I had the Professional edition pre-ordered, but upon reviewing what you get for it I cancelled it. I'll probably just get the vanilla version instead. I was hoping the Professional edition would be worth the $20 extra since I usually like to get the "premium" editions when I can afford to, but Hitman's failed to impress me.
#7 Posted by mav_destroyer (3069 posts) -
Yep, I can't wait to get it too. I haven't played a Hitman game since the PS2 era, pretty excited about this game!
I had the Professional edition pre-ordered, but upon reviewing what you get for it I cancelled it. I'll probably just get the vanilla version instead. I was hoping the Professional edition would be worth the $20 extra since I usually like to get the "premium" editions when I can afford to, but Hitman's failed to impress me.Kravyn81
I was going to do the same thing, I pre-ordered the standard edition instead.
#8 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

I'm so psyched I can't contain myself hahaha. Been reading some reviews and apparently it lives up to the hype :)

#9 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

I am so excited for this title. I have waited 6 and a half years for a sequel. I really think the user created contracts will really help the replay-ability. Is anyone as excited as I am for this awesome title? I know Hitman doesn't have the large fan base that other games like COD has. Here's hoping it's going to be an amazing game! I do not care what the rating gets, Im just happy to play a true stealth based game this gen :)

InstantKlassick

Not to mention how much a Level Editor like they actually first had planned would have helped not only the replayability but also the longevity of the game. But noooo....why use a Level Editor on a Console? TimeSplitters and Tenchu just have proven that it works with Tilseset Level Editors very well, but nooo....cut out all creativity so you can sell DLC Maps which could be rebuild with a Level Editor.

#10 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

Except for that little weasel's rating Kevin V

#11 Posted by Sokol4ever (6373 posts) -
It's been awhile since I played Hitman game, if memory serves me right, all the way back on the ps2. Look forward to playing new Hitman.
#12 Posted by CTR360 (7424 posts) -
i rent it first i buy after price drop
#13 Posted by sukraj (24414 posts) -

InstantKlassick

i

No i'm more excited about far cry 3.

#14 Posted by kweeni (10993 posts) -

[QUOTE="kweeni"]

Can't wait to play it.

InstantKlassick

Add me on PSN, so we can share created contracts :)

Sure, I'll add next time I'm online(if I don't forget >_> ).

#15 Posted by mav_destroyer (3069 posts) -

Speaking of which, looks like they removed the online pass system for Contracts mode, now I have an even bigger reason to support this game.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-19-square-enix-backtracks-on-hitman-absolution-online-pass

#16 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

Speaking of which, looks like they removed the online pass system for Contracts mode, now I have an even bigger reason to support this game.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-19-square-enix-backtracks-on-hitman-absolution-online-pass

mav_destroyer
Definitely good news. Although I think this was due more to SE not expecting the online mode to be that popular to begin with.
#17 Posted by MethodManFTW (26172 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fear-"]I'm getting Persona 4 Golden instead, I've only played Hitman 2 which was good but never finished it, I'm waiting for the Hitman collection before I try the new one.InstantKlassick

Persona 4 never came out on PS3. :O
#18 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

[QUOTE="InstantKlassick"]

[QUOTE="Fear-"]I'm getting Persona 4 Golden instead, I've only played Hitman 2 which was good but never finished it, I'm waiting for the Hitman collection before I try the new one.MethodManFTW

Arena...

#19 Posted by soundcellx (976 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="InstantKlassick"]

InstantKlassick

Arena...

...aaaaaand, CONGRATULATIONS on replying to a month old post!

#20 Posted by InstantKlassick (1129 posts) -

[QUOTE="InstantKlassick"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] Persona 4 never came out on PS3. :Osoundcellx

Arena...

...aaaaaand, CONGRATULATIONS on replying to a month old post!

:roll:

#21 Posted by CTR360 (7424 posts) -
hitman its great game. go for it i buy hitman this weak