Help! Which PS3 exclusive should i buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im gonna go to gamespot this afternoon and i want to get a ps3 exclusive.

That being said i already have, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 ... I was thinking either God of ware 3 or MAG?

What doyou guys think?

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

inFamous, God of War 3, Heavy Rain for a different experience, LittleBigPlanet 2 when it comes out.

lol, don't spend your money on MAG when you could get better games.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Already played infamous and sold it.

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

Then, God of War 3 or Resistance 2 or Heavy Rain

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

Im gonna go to gamespot this afternoon and i want to get a ps3 exclusive.

That being said i already have, MGS4, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 ... I was thinking either God of ware 3 or MAG?

What doyou guys think?

I Beta tested MAG and it was probably the worst game I have ever played. It is not fun at all and it's a crappy shooter.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
God of War 3 or Demon's Souls.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

MAG was my biggest let down of the year. Others will say different but with MW2, BFBC2 + Vietnam, and Black Ops, there are way better shooter choices out there. As far as an exclusive though, have you tried out 3d Dot Game Heroes, Valkyria Chronicles, or Demon's Souls? Do you like RPG's? I dont really care for RPG's much anymore but those three titles are exclusive and outstanding.

luzer7072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 luzer7072
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts

This is merely one man's opinon, but I hated God of War. Not just III, the entire trilogy.

It was only earlier this year that I bought the Collection and then later III, but I couldn't force myself to like them. I played them on hard mode, even got the platinum in the second game and damn close in the first game, but by the end of the third game I just had to wake up and admit that, despite the critical success, they weren't my cup of tea.

As far a gameplay goes, you'll basically just jam on the attack button, and occasionally roll out of the way. If you die, just restart and jam on the attack button, but roll a bit more than before. It's very button-mashy.

But I think it goes a little deeper than that for me. Whenever I play a game like Fallout or something similar with choice, I almost always take the good path, helping people and sticking up for the little guy... I dunno, that's just how I like to play my games. Well, in God of War, whether it's justified or not, Kratos (the so-called "protagonist"), is a jerk. He kills everyone and everything in his path with almost complete disregard, and even recognizes and verbalizes that his anger is somewhat unfounded, yet just continues to kill, kill, kill. By the end of the trilogy, I'm serious, freaking everyone but Kratos is DEAD. I didn't feel good playing the game at all. There weren't any triumphant moments, because I felt like I was the villian.

I would suggest Demon's Souls. It's got a reputation for being balls-to-the-wall hard, but it's all hype. The game is pretty easy-going, and it's epic; one of the best games I've ever played. I'd strongly suggest it.

If not that, maybe Ratchet & Clank or the Uncharted games. Those are great.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Demon Souls or gow3

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

I'm biased on this because I disliked God of War 3, It just got too repetitive for me, so I would say go with MAG. Some other great exclusives to check out are, Heavy Rain, both Ratchet and Clank games, and Demon Souls.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#12 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

God of War 3 or Infamous, they are amazing.

MAG is quite a poor game, beware.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
GoW 3 is good if you liked the previous GoWs. Gran Turismo 5 is an outstanding gmae as well.
3lliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 3lliott
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

Demon's Souls.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

gow3 or heavenly sword

Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts
I'd recommend getting the GOW collection. That being said, I actually got pretty into MAG when it very first came out. I know there are many people here saying that with Black Ops, Bad Company, and everything else out, it is not a very good shooter. To tell you the truth, they are right. If you think about it though, this is like comparing apples to oranges. First of all The COD series has had 4 games to perfect their multiplayer, same with the other shooters. My point being, MAG is the very first of its series and was pretty much a shot in the dark. I think many people became dissappointed with the game because they bought it thinking it would be a lot like all the other FPS out there. This is very untrue. On just about any other FPS you don't have to have a mic to play, and you don't really have to use teamwork. You are put on a team, but nothing really requires you to work as a team to get the job done. If any teamwork is done it is usually like 3 people in a clan with mics. With MAG, you are working with 127 other different people. You are in a clan of 8 and you are constantly communicating and listening to your OIC and your higher ranking members. It resembles more realistic war, because it combines lots of strategy instead of just pointing and shooting. If you respect it as its own unique game, you can actually end up enjoying the game quite a bit.
xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
Check out the GOW Collection, Trinity Universe, Demon Souls and Heavy Rain. Their all great exclusives.
Ikechi2608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ikechi2608
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

INFAMOUS IS A MUST-BUY

its better than god of war 3 and i know cus i have and have completed both ;)

MAG is good but not many people play it and as an FPS its not much compared to Call of Duty of Battlefield :/

so forget BOTH of them and buy Infamous, :)

after youve finsihed youll be BURSTING for infamous 2 to come out next year ;)

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
[QUOTE="Ikechi2608"]

INFAMOUS IS A MUST-BUY

its better than god of war 3 and i know cus i have and have completed both ;)

MAG is good but not many people play it and as an FPS its not much compared to Call of Duty of Battlefield :/

so forget BOTH of them and buy Infamous, :)

after youve finsihed youll be BURSTING for infamous 2 to come out next year ;)

I was going to say your opinion is funny, but he is asking for our opinions so... carry on .
3lliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 3lliott
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

The guy's already played Infamous.