Help My Psp cant seem to detected any access point WTF!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TearDr0ps (25 posts) -
i have a psp and every time i try to search for access point i cant seem to find it so i thought it was becuz there no access point anywhere by me. but then when i went to get my cuzin's psp i try to search for access point i found linksys 78% then i got my psp n try to search for access point n it keep saying cannot detect any access point for some reason. i even put it right next to eatch other and still my psp wot detect any access point and my cuzin psp can. CAN someone PLZ HELP ME!!!!
#2 Posted by gmoneybball91 (365 posts) -
all you need is a cheap wireless router u can get one at wal mart for under 40 dollars then you'll see 100% they're easy to hook up and u can access the internet on your PSP as well as online gaming plus if u have a laptop u can use that wireless to now
#3 Posted by SGT4EVA (1773 posts) -
to put it simple, you need a wireless router
#4 Posted by jonnyt61 (2147 posts) -

Did you both read the original post? O_o; He specifically mentions that his cousins PSP is in the same room, and is able to detect an access point, does that not suggest there's a router within range? *blinks*

Anyway, TC, I can only ask whether you have the WLAN switch turned on, and perhaps try messing around in the wireless connection settings a little. If you're still having trouble, I'll take a guess and say that something to do with the hardware. Probably call Sony if it still isn't working.

#5 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

its 1 of 2 things obviously

software- wireless settings. look for a faq, walkthrough or something online. also compare settings with what your cousin's psp has

OR

hardware - in that case, you'd be F'd. you can call sony as a last ditch effort really.

#6 Posted by Shortbob (1004 posts) -

Did you both read the original post? O_o; He specifically mentions that his cousins PSP is in the same room, and is able to detect an access point, does that not suggest there's a router within range? *blinks* jonnyt61

haha