help me get into half life

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jojothekid
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

i got orange box and i really liked portal but half life i cant get into ive been wandering around in some boat for a long time, i loved the beginning and the cutscenes but i seem to be just going on forever and im not even sure i shoulda bought this game. tell me why i should give this game a 2nd chance? ive heard theres a great story in it but i seem to just go on and on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
The boat part is arguably the crappiest part of the game. It gets SOOOO much better after that.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.
Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts
How about go into the console and just use the noclip command and fly through the boat stage and carry on playing :D
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.Denji

lol, This guy is so blunt.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.Scianix-Black

It's logical. Why can't people think for themselves? lol It's just another "convince me" thread.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.Denji

It's logical. Why can't people think for themselves? lol It's just another "convince me" thread.

Indeed.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Denji"]Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.Scianix-Black

Indeed.

WE ARE THE PATRIOTS!!

TC: like said before the boat part is the crappiest part of the 3 HL2 games. Wait til you get the Gravity Gun and then you'll see how it picks up.

You're basically starting the whole thing.

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
omg yes! get through that part... it gets freaking better after that.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Quit playing, go pick up Half-life 1, obtain the urge for more great storytelling, play HL2, and stick with it!
LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts
Thats funny, I stopped right where you are also. My buddy tells me as soon as that part is over it gets really good though. Eventually I think I will go back to it.

i got orange box and i really liked portal but half life i cant get into ive been wandering around in some boat for a long time, i loved the beginning and the cutscenes but i seem to be just going on forever and im not even sure i shoulda bought this game. tell me why i should give this game a 2nd chance? ive heard theres a great story in it but i seem to just go on and on.

jojothekid
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
The boat part is arguably the crappiest part of the game. It gets SOOOO much better after that.hillelslovak
QFT.. although without the "arguably" and add in its the crappiest part in the half life series.. period!
jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jojothekid

Tell me why you think we have to do the thinking for you? If you don't like it, don't play. It's that simple.Denji
its not a convince me thread i was thinking of tradiing this game but wanted to give it another chance but i felt so bored to it so i wanted to know why it was considered great. my mind was almost made up about trading it

but i now know the boat is crap, ill give it a 2nd chance before i trade it for lbp

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I thought that Ravenholm was the worst part.Good god.It was horrible so boring.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

I thought that Ravenholm was the worst part.Good god.It was horrible so boring.K1LLR3175

But slicing zombies in half with the grav gun via saws = Win

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]I thought that Ravenholm was the worst part.Good god.It was horrible so boring.Duckman5

I thought it would be too but it was sooo bad.
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreenGoblin2099
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]I thought that Ravenholm was the worst part.Good god.It was horrible so boring.K1LLR3175

I thought it would be too but it was sooo bad.

The Duck speaks the truth... I also had a blast in Ravenholm. It's one of the most memorable parts of HL2 IMO.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 K1LLR3175
To each and their own I guess.That level put me to sleep.
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
Yeah I enjoyed ravenholm. Cool atmosphere. But every section in that game has its weak spots. I didnt like Nova Prospect part to tell ya the truth.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

Seconded.

---Saint---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ---Saint---
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.
jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jojothekid

omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.---Saint---
i didnt stop playing it i just get side tracked ive beaten so all my other games its just this one seems really wierd and i need $$$ for lbp and so any games i dont play i will trade so i have thought this one is just a borefest. my questions been answered this is a good game but stuck on boring part

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="---Saint---"]omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.jojothekid

i didnt stop playing it i just get side tracked ive beaten so all my other games its just this one seems really wierd and i need $$$ for lbp and so any games i dont play i will trade so i have thought this one is just a borefest. my questions been answered this is a good game but stuck on boring part

Dude, believe me: I hated that part, seriously. It gets a bit (just a bit) better once they mount a gun on the boat and when ocationally you have to get into some buildings to open gates, but the boat riding was just boring. (But some cool tunes play in that part)

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="jojothekid"]

[QUOTE="---Saint---"]omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.GreenGoblin2099

Dude, believe me: I hated that part, seriously. It gets a bit (just a bit) better once they mount a gun on the boat and when ocationally you have to get into some buildings to open gates, but the boat riding was just boring. (But some cool tunes play in that part)

^La Li Lu Le Lo.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Denji
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="jojothekid"]

[QUOTE="---Saint---"]omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.Scianix-Black

^La Li Lu Le Lo.

You can't say Patriot. You SOP zombie!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"][QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="jojothekid"]

[QUOTE="---Saint---"]omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.Denji

^La Li Lu Le Lo.

I can say La Li Lu Le Lo!

See?!

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"][QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"][QUOTE="jojothekid"]

[QUOTE="---Saint---"]omg. Just bear down and plough through it. Real gamers don't stop gaming until the game is beaten. Plus it's a great game. In a little bit you'll get to a fun zombie infested town.Scianix-Black

^La Li Lu Le Lo.

I can say La Li Lu Le Lo!

See?!

We can't trust you. You could just be some Patriot spy!

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

The boat part is arguably the crappiest part of the game. It gets SOOOO much better after that.hillelslovak

Agreed... really, my favorite part of HL2 is the beginning, but the worst part is the airboat part. The game really drags around there, but it picks up again when you get off of the boat. Just stick with it.

jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jojothekid
i got to ravenholm pretty good