Help i need to hear your opinions on this.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

Early this month i called Sony cause i was with a doubt, the doubt was that each time when i when i load a game the PS3 logo appear and then i received a no signal screen for some seconds. They man that talk to me on the telephone said that it could be a problem with the HDMI port or something he mentioned that transmit the HD signal, he recommended me to send the unit so they could check the problem, i didn't told them but i was having problems with the touch panel, very frequently the disk didn't eject and i had to try a lot of time for it to work the same with the power button, When i received the returned system i notice that it was a replacement with only three months of warranty and it still does the same no signal message and i found that this is normal, now the touch panel work fine but the first three days it did strange thinks the first day it got froze using the browser the second day after selecting quit the system froze and the restart itself, the third day after loading WWE M VS R the screen stayed froze and black then playing Soul Calibur IV online the system froze and i had to turn it of to make it work, now it's working perfectly.

My system is a 40GB and i'm thinking of selling it in GameStop for like 200 and buy a new one wich now include 80GB of Hardrive space and a dualshock. What do you think?

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Yeah, why not?
chrisp003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chrisp003
Member since 2008 • 358 Posts
its up 2 u could just changed the harddirve instead of gettin the 80 gig or you could wait till the 160gig (i think) thats going to come out but the 160 gig doesnt have bc
BradMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 BradMaster
Member since 2005 • 4819 Posts
You can just get a new one, or the replacement. Its that simple, just do it and dont complain about it.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 soulreaper-4
Do you think i should sell it and buy a new one?
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Do you think i should sell it and buy a new one?soulreaper-4

Yeah, why not? GreenGoblin2099

:roll:

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soulreaper-4

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"]Do you think i should sell it and buy a new one?GreenGoblin2099

What i mean is if this change will be the best choice.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

dude everything you said was pretty confusing, especially after you said everything works fine now...

If you think it's more trouble then good, flip the switch and pick yourself up a new one; if your willing to cough up another 4 bones... or 200 should I say.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulreaper-4

dude everything you said was pretty confusing, especially after you said everything works fine now...

If you think it's more trouble then good, flip the switch and pick yourself up a new one; if your willing to cough up another 4 bones... or 200 should I say.

Nocturnal_Speed

Why it sounds confusing, what i mean is that this unit i'd received got froze like three times and since the one i sent to Sony didn't got froze even once for almost a year i i was thinking if it will be a good choice to sell it in GameStop for 200 dollars and pay the difference to buy a new one with one year of warranty, dualshock 3 controller and 80GB of Hard drive. What worry me is that this replacement get broke in less than a year and i end without warranty.

Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nocturnal_Speed
[QUOTE="Nocturnal_Speed"]

soulreaper-4

Why it sounds confusing, what i mean is that this unit i'd received got froze like three times and since the one i sent to Sony didn't got froze even once for almost a year i i was thinking if it will be a good choice to sell it in GameStop for 200 dollars and pay the difference to buy a new one with one year of warranty, dualshock 3 controller and 80GB of Hard drive. What worry me is that this replacement get broke in less than a year and i end without warranty.

"since the one i sent to Sony didn't got froze even once for almost a year i i was thinking if it will be a good choice to sell"

Im still confused, but if you think your going to continue to have problems, then go for it. The new once don't have B/C so just remember to keep that in mind, or you could just purchase the MGS Bundle if you could find one; which would be your best bet.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soulreaper-4
[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"][QUOTE="Nocturnal_Speed"]

Nocturnal_Speed

"since the one i sent to Sony didn't got froze even once for almost a year i i was thinking if it will be a good choice to sell"

Im still confused, but if you think your going to continue to have problems, then go for it. The new once don't have B/C so just remember to keep that in mind, or you could just purchase the MGS Bundle if you could find one; which would be your best bet.

I really don't understand why you are confused.

Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nocturnal_Speed
[QUOTE="Nocturnal_Speed"][QUOTE="soulreaper-4"][QUOTE="Nocturnal_Speed"]

soulreaper-4

I really don't understand why you are confused.

It's cool bro don't worry about it. If your planning on purchasing a new one, then try and grab yourself the MGS Bundle if anything. Good Luck

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
kinda simple. call them up and tell them the replacment unit is having problems. send that one back and get another.
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"]Do you think i should sell it and buy a new one?soulreaper-4

more space, and if u havent noticed, sony is slowly, but surely, fading out of the ps2. BC isnt that big of a deal, i mean. when u bought a ps3, u didnt throw away your old ps2 did u? i still use my ps2 for ps1 and ps2 games. and what they r only $100, so u could buy a new slim ps2 if u really wanted to play older games. none the less, u get a ps3 for ps3 games. so yeah, it would prolly be best. if u dont have mgs4, get the mgs4 bundle pack if u can still find it.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

If you feel that this system is going to give you problems down the line and you would feel better having a brand new PS3 then yes trade it in and buy a new one.

If you want to trade in your replacement PS3 because you rather have the new 80 GB SKU and DS3 then yes trade it in and buy a new one.

Since you will be getting $200 for you old PS3 and the DS3 cost $50, you will only be paying an extra $150 for peace of mind since your current PS3 keeps freezing on you. So if you are ok with paying for peace of mind then yes trade it in and buy a new one because I probably would.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
you shouldn't have changed your first, one it was because of the TV : I had a Techwood as first HD TV and each time I sarted a game it would give me a blank grey screen for about a second before showing the game, I bought a Samsung and no blank screen, I think it was trying to change the resolution to see what's best.
Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
dude i hate to break it to u but ur not gona get 200$ for a referb ps3
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soulreaper-4

dude i hate to break it to u but ur not gona get 200$ for a referb ps3lions_rock_2008

I asked an employee at my local GameStop and it said the trade-in value of the 40gb PS3 is 200.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soulreaper-4

kinda simple. call them up and tell them the replacment unit is having problems. send that one back and get another.Wild_Card

This is my problem, i don't like to be changing my console and if i send it back to Sony i will have to pack everything again and wait like almost two weeks and i may end getting a worst console, or with lot of scratches and then i will have to send it again.

lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lions_rock_2008

[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]dude i hate to break it to u but ur not gona get 200$ for a referb ps3soulreaper-4

I asked an employee at my local GameStop and it said the trade-in value of the 40gb PS3 is 200.

yeah but its not gona load disks so there will be a referbish fee, i kinda know cause i work at a gamestop.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soulreaper-4
[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"]

[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]dude i hate to break it to u but ur not gona get 200$ for a referb ps3lions_rock_2008

yeah but its not gona load disks so there will be a referbish fee, i kinda know cause i work at a gamestop.

It load the disks.

lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lions_rock_2008
[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"][QUOTE="soulreaper-4"]

[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]dude i hate to break it to u but ur not gona get 200$ for a referb ps3soulreaper-4

It load the disks.

well now i feel like an a-hole since i totally missed the "now it runs perfectly":?. but if it didnt work there would be a referb fee :D

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soulreaper-4

you shouldn't have changed your first, one it was because of the TV : I had a Techwood as first HD TV and each time I sarted a game it would give me a blank grey screen for about a second before showing the game, I bought a Samsung and no blank screen, I think it was trying to change the resolution to see what's best.TheTenth10

I'm using mine on a Sony Bravia.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soulreaper-4
Maybe the best choice is a new one.
proximo642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 proximo642
Member since 2003 • 991 Posts

Sorry to hear you have issues. My PS3 has always worked great for me, even during long 6 hour gaming runs. If you are having issues, make sure you don't return this to some other poor gamer who will eventually get your old system. :-)

I have the 40GB model and will be buying me a 350GB Hard Disk to put into it or larger if they have them available yet.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 soulreaper-4

Sorry to hear you have issues. My PS3 has always worked great for me, even during long 6 hour gaming runs. If you are having issues, make sure you don't return this to some other poor gamer who will eventually get your old system. :-)

I have the 40GB model and will be buying me a 350GB Hard Disk to put into it or larger if they have them available yet.

proximo642

I'm not gonna sell it to anyone i'm thinking of trading it on GameStop and buy another. If i wanted to sell it to someone i will tell the person the problems.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soulreaper-4
I forgot to mention that for almost a week almost everytime i quit a game the system zoom the wallpapers and i have check my tv settings and they are all alright and i have tried changing different settings on the PS3 and it keep doing this, is like if the system is not detecting the resolution of wallpaper and it eliminate part of it, each time it does this i go to the image settings, select HDMI and automatic or manual and then it return to normal. This is more noticeable in a wallpaper like the ones from Dissgaea in which when this happen it eliminate the downside that saide the company information and part of the right and left side.
HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"]Do you think i should sell it and buy a new one?soulreaper-4

well i think you should.