Heavenly Sword is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

Never heard of this game until I saw it on sale the other day which I couldn't even buy cause it was soldout:( Anyways it looks fun but I would like some fellow gamers opinions on the matter. I recently thrashed Demon's Souls to about SL220 so I am looking for a new slasher type of game and am wondering if this one will suffice?

peace

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ekultus

It's alright. Very short, shallow combat, but still enjoyable. I'd only recommend it if it's cheap, as there are other, better action games in the market (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, God of War 3).

Slashkice
Great answer. Yea it was $14 but was sold out. I tried the demos for Ninja G 2 and Godwar3 and did not really enjoy them but I was in the midst of my Demon's Souls frenzy. Maybe I will look at Bayonetta and DMC4 but basically I think what I need is a Demon's Souls 2 replacement:D
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Short, but very underrated if you can pick it up cheap try it, or just get Bayonetta :)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

It's alright. Very short, shallow combat, but still enjoyable. I'd only recommend it if it's cheap, as there are other, better action games in the market (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, God of War 3).

ekultus

Great answer. Yea it was $14 but was sold out. I tried the demos for Ninja G 2 and Godwar3 and did not really enjoy them but I was in the midst of my Demon's Souls frenzy. Maybe I will look at Bayonetta and DMC4 but basically I think what I need is a Demon's Souls 2 replacement:D

yeah it was alright but all those other options are better really. I would even take DMC4 over heavenly sword it it was disappointment but still fun for awhile. I highly suggest picking up Bayonetta. Its basically what DMC4 should have been and is def one of the best games of this year. I found GOW stale. It has great action but i found the actual gameplay to be boring. NG2 is great if your looking for a extremely challeneging game.

If you could get all do it but if you had to pick one for now def Bayonetta.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ekultus

[QUOTE="ekultus"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Gen007

yeah it was alright but all those other options are better really. I would even take DMC4 over heavenly sword it it was disappointment but still fun for awhile. I highly suggest picking up Bayonetta. Its basically what DMC4 should have been and is def one of the best games of this year. I found GOW stale. It has great action but i found the actual gameplay to be boring. NG2 is great if your looking for a extremely challeneging game.

If you could get all do it but if you had to pick one for now def Bayonetta.

Best games of the year eh? Alright I'll take your word for it lol but seriously I appreciate your response and will definitely check it out.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Very good game, solid combat, definitely way better story than the nonsense you find in Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden and DMC, way better voice acting than you find in those games too and it has spectacular animations. Its short, but it works in its favor, a number of hack n slash games. DMC4 being a prime example, attempt to artificially stretch the game and it does more harm than good. Its a very good game, I would definitely recommend it.
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
it's a quite decent hack'n'slash game, i picked it up when i first bought my ps3 about 2,5 years ago, back then it was the only game close to gow franchise in terms of quality, as stated it's quite short but fun to play no matter what, if you like the genre and can find the game cheaply, pick it up, you won't regret it... :)
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ekultus
Very good game, solid combat, definitely way better story than the nonsense you find in Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden and DMC, way better voice acting than you find in those games too and it has spectacular animations. Its short, but it works in its favor, a number of hack n slash games. DMC4 being a prime example, attempt to artificially stretch the game and it does more harm than good. Its a very good game, I would definitely recommend it. Sepewrath
I like your answer. Nooooooooooooo now I'm confused. Let me pray there is demos:)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Very good game, solid combat, definitely way better story than the nonsense you find in Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden and DMC, way better voice acting than you find in those games too and it has spectacular animations. Its short, but it works in its favor, a number of hack n slash games. DMC4 being a prime example, attempt to artificially stretch the game and it does more harm than good. Its a very good game, I would definitely recommend it. ekultus
I like your answer. Nooooooooooooo now I'm confused. Let me pray there is demos:)

there is for all of them. well im not sure about DMC4 but there probably one for that too. i think you should get a good idea of what to get that way.

micheal9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 micheal9000
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts
Pick it up.
natenation87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 natenation87
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

I still haven't played this yet. But I really want to, it looks so good. I played the demo and I loved it. Going to get it soon.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Slashkice
Shallow combat? Its not GoW but they make an attemp, you have 3 basic attacks based on range and strength. The enemies do as well and in order to block or counter you have to use proper attacks, you have a fair amout of combos as well so it is beyond shallow just not full of depth. Its worth a pick up at a $20 price point I would say now. I would say you have a strong list of alternatives though.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
It's like playing God of War, except your character has boobs and somebody turns off the game 6 hours in and tells you that the game is over. Oh, and it also has the best voice acting in a video game ever. Screw subjectivity; this is a fact.
pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
I thought it was a good game (although it is short). It could be called Goddess of War because the main character does many of the things you would do in the GOW series (though not at the same level of brutality). VA one of the best, if not the best I ever heard in a video game. For $14 I would say it is definitely worth it. I was really disappointed when I found out that they would not be making a sequel to Heavenly Sword
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I love heavenly sword. The combos are a bit daunting to memorize, but once you pick a few favorites (I especially love the arial combos) then you're in business. It's a horribly underrated game imo.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts
I have played the demo and I have found it boring...
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Good game, however to short for 60$ value it was selling when it came out.

For around 20$ today, it's a good buy.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

I think it's bad cause it's kinda repetitive and the graphics are unpleasent for me. God of war is better for me.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ekultus

Ty all for your responses:) It's demo time!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

It's like "Dark Sector" - A game to buy when it gets under $10... fun action, and i liked it better than "Bayonetta". All of that sexual stuff was a bit embarrassing to me, honestly. I'm not a prude, I like gettin' to it like any living male... but it (the sexual inuendo & exhibitionism in "Bayonetta") was a distraction and a reminder of how lecherous, panderous, and anti-socialwe are, supposedly, as gamer-guys. Gotta admitI like the librarian glasses. My girl wears 'em. It's a weakness for me.

:lol:

But yes, try the demo (Heavenly Sword) and you might dig it. It impressed me on a few different levels. And the chick has nice hoo-ha's as well... LOL

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
[QUOTE="ekultus"]

Never heard of this game until I saw it on sale the other day which I couldn't even buy cause it was soldout:( Anyways it looks fun but I would like some fellow gamers opinions on the matter. I recently thrashed Demon's Souls to about SL220 so I am looking for a new slasher type of game and am wondering if this one will suffice?

peace

I had the game and hated it. The combat was a bit annoying. Especially boss battles. And you had a few boards where you had to man a catapolt and shot enemy targets. Very, very, very annoying to do. Their is a reason that game never got a part 2. Just a complete let down. And it was one of the first games pushed for PS3.
alien100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 alien100000
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

I loved it, I thought the game was amazing. It was just to short.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Short, but very, very good.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Heavenly Sword is amazing. The combat is just deep enough to provide a challenge, but not so complex that anyone can't pick it up and play it. Using the sword is very satisfying, more so than any of the weapons in God of War III, and the story and characters blow most games available on the PS3 out of the water. The only downside is its short, but its so enjoyable that I've kept it anyway.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Slashkice
Pretty much what I would say. I'm on the last boss fight right now and the game is incredibly short, but still pretty fun. I really like the story too. There are better games on the market though like Slashkice said.
meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
Played a demo, didn't like it. Just a female version of Kratos, so it felt like the same ol thing. Bayonetta is the female version of Dante, which is why i'm not too crazy about that, either. Then again, Bayonetta is hot and Dante is not, and something about those special boss finishing moves... rawr...
dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

It's alright. I beat it once & traded it in. I thought the boss battles were bloody hard especially the last one, but it was satisfying when I finished it. I might've played it again if it had cheats or alternate outfits or something, but meh, no replay value for me & it's a very short game. It's worth a rent at least. Also Nariko's hot. 7/10

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I hated Heavenly Sword. It's one of the worst games I've ever played. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even if it was extremely cheap.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I thought it was an amazing game to be honest.
SilverIce7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SilverIce7
Member since 2005 • 1181 Posts

It's like "Dark Sector" - A game to buy when it gets under $10... fun action, and i liked it better than "Bayonetta". All of that sexual stuff was a bit embarrassing to me, honestly. I'm not a prude, I like gettin' to it like any living male... but it (the sexual inuendo & exhibitionism in "Bayonetta") was a distraction and a reminder of how lecherous, panderous, and anti-socialwe are, supposedly, as gamer-guys. Gotta admitI like the librarian glasses. My girl wears 'em. It's a weakness for me.

:lol:

But yes, try the demo (Heavenly Sword) and you might dig it. It impressed me on a few different levels. And the chick has nice hoo-ha's as well... LOL

MonkeySpot
Oh man, you really are a prude. But I agree on one level. Only reason I never got into this game is because I can't relate to a female protagonist and yeah, sometimes if characters are too revealing, which is a distraction. Playing FFXIII, even though I'm playing a young woman, it isn't distracting and its reasonable. Metroid I never had a problem with because you can't even see her in the first place lol.