Have an x1 should I get a ps4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sudz24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sudz24
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I love playing baseball games but x1 only has that rbi baseball. Would getting a ps4 for mostly mlb the show be worth the money? id probably also play other ps4 only games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@sudz24 said:

I love playing baseball games but x1 only has that rbi baseball. Would getting a ps4 for mostly mlb the show be worth the money? id probably also play other ps4 only games.

It really depends what you want. PS4 has better hardware and more games coming for it. But you should look at what's coming for it and see if you like the games. I bought it at launch and i like it

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have both machines and PC/Wii U...

@sudz24 said:

Should have done research because Sony owns the amazing MLB The Show series since they created the series...comes with their amazing 1st party. Plus, the PS4 was cheaper, more powerful, and PS+ actively gives PS4 gamers games every month.

Have fun with whatever you decide, but if you like great baseball games, you decision is made for you.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Short answer yes.

sudz24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sudz24

@SolidTy said:

@sudz24 said:

Should have done research because Sony owns the amazing MLB The Show series since they created the series...comes with their amazing 1st party. Plus, the PS4 was cheaper, more powerful, and PS+ actively gives PS4 gamers games every month.

Have fun with whatever you decide, but if you like great baseball games, you decision is made for you.

I knew that sony owned the show but i didnt find out that 2k wasnt making a baseball game until after i got the x1. So now im screwed haha. But im pretty sure im gonna go get it and just have both. I already have ps+ because i have a vita and wanted the free games on that so im set.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy

@sudz24 said:

@SolidTy said:

@sudz24 said:

I knew that sony owned the show but i didnt find out that 2k wasnt making a baseball game until after i got the x1. So now im screwed haha. But im pretty sure im gonna go get it and just have both. I already have ps+ because i have a vita and wanted the free games on that so im set.

Yeah, the 2K dropout was a shocker, but the series struggled with sales and critically got poor reviews so I guess 2K threw in the towel.

I have both, I think you'll enjoy yourself if you are big Baseball fan, but the added multiplatform game advantage PS4 power offers (1080p/60fps) may be to your liking. Overall though, since you have PS+, I'd recommend it for sure since that means PS4 games to play when between retail games. Plus, Remote Play PS4-Vita is nice if you lady wants to watch TV while you game. Not recommended for all game types, but indies work great. BF4 is too complex, I think.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@sudz24 said:

@SolidTy said:

@sudz24 said:

You mean that you were aware of the Show's superiority and you're a fan of baseball videogames and yet you bought an xb1 over the PS4 anyway? IMO, 2K did you a favor by folding up it's baseball tent. You want legit videogame baseball? Ya gotta come to Sony.

sudz24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sudz24

@porkchopxp: I actully was one of the winners in the 2k perfect game challenge so of course im gonna stick with them. and i actully enjoyed their games idk why they were so unpopular

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

There are some decent games on the ps4 so I would get it.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

Best of both worlds, why not ?

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@sudz24 said:

@porkchopxp: I actully was one of the winners in the 2k perfect game challenge so of course im gonna stick with them. and i actully enjoyed their games idk why they were so unpopular

Pitched a perfecto eh, nice job. In the 20+ years I've been playing videogame baseball and the 8 years I've been playing the Show I've only thrown 1. It was with Phil Hughes of all people against the Twinkles in MLB the Show 09.

As for why the 2k series was so unpopular: 1st, they bought the exclusive 3rd party rights killing off MVP and All-Star Baseball; 2nd, they never figured how to make batting feel organic. Hell, that ball floated to the plate like a whiffle ball and hitting it felt like you were swinging a 6ft long pole made of peanut brittle. That and the game was clunky and butt-ugly at times.

TJ-Yoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 TJ-Yoshi
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Yes....I traded in my XB1 in Feb for a PS4 and it was the best decision I made. The PS Plus games alone that I have downloaded make it better than anything XB1 had to offer. I also have The Show pre-ordered and I can;t wait.

Also this is a good time to trade in the system to GameStop as they'll give you an extra 50% credit if you trade it in towards a new system. I ended up getting my PS4, a 2nd controller, 2 games, and a year membership to PS Plus for free after I traded in my XB1 and the few games I had with it.. Do it

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I would never recommend buying a gaming system based on one game, but if you like playing baseball games, the only way to do that is on a VITA or a PS4 with MLB The Show 14! I have both consoles with the PS4 being mine exclusively and the X1 being the family console. In all honesty, the only game that is keeping the X1 afloat is Titanfall. If Respawn had released their game on the PS4 as well, the X1 would be very irrelevant!

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

@sudz24: Yes, next question.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

yes! join the dark side!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy

@tj-yoshi said:

Yes....I traded in my XB1 in Feb for a PS4 and it was the best decision I made. The PS Plus games alone that I have downloaded make it better than anything XB1 had to offer. I also have The Show pre-ordered and I can;t wait.

Also this is a good time to trade in the system to GameStop as they'll give you an extra 50% credit if you trade it in towards a new system. I ended up getting my PS4, a 2nd controller, 2 games, and a year membership to PS Plus for free after I traded in my XB1 and the few games I had with it.. Do it

Yeah, Xbox Live Gold doesn't offer any free games for Xbone members. That's something I think really diminishes the $500 value and isn't discussed as much as it should be considering both machines are new and one service is providing games ($50 PS+) while the other is not ($60 XBL Gold).

People get confused and bring up Games with Gold, but those are only for Xbox 360, not Xbone. I know, I have all the machines.

PS+ is better on PS3 (older so larger library to offer consumers), but it's nice the PS4 has been consistently getting games for users. I take advantage of the PS+ free PS4 games every single month with titles like :

1. Outlast,
  2. Don't Starve,
  3. Dead Nation: Apocalypse,
  4. Resogun,
  5. Contrast,
  6. Mercenary Kings

That's just what has been offered so far. Compare to my Xbone and Xbox Live subscription and I got nothing to show for it. Maybe I should have bought an Xbone when they launched a similar service because right now it collects the most dust between my PS4, Wii U, and Xbone. To be honest though, the PS3 has been getting the most play in the house.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I tend to buy both PlayStation and Xbox, if you have a Xbone now wait a year and get a PS4 unless you really need to play MLB The Show.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#18 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

The overlap this gen makes it not worth it to own both unless you're filthy rich (which I'm not because I have rent, bills, wife, etc). If baseball is your thing and in baseball gaming, Sony is King, then simple, sell your Xbone and buy a PS4. I can't understand anyone who feels the need to own both systems this gen when the exclusives make up like 10% of the market.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

You need to look at the list of games out, as well as coming out, for PS4, weigh your interest in what you see versus that of your finances, and determine if the PS4 is right for you.

Everyone here is speaking from their own unique situation, so their opinions shouldn't really sway you one way or the other. Some people here have said "yes, you should". Some have said "it's not worth owning more than one console" (LOL!). They're not in your position so their (our) opinion should be nearly worthless to you.

Me, I don't feel as though I can have the best possible gaming experience if I don't own every console, handheld and PC, so I buy them all. Maybe that's not true for you. Maybe you're in a position where you can buy the PS4 for only a couple of games and not worry about it. Again, your unique situation is what you have to consider.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.