Has Uncharted 2 MP instilled within you a new hope?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Yeah, so we all knew Uncharted 2 was going to be awesome, but then they announced multiplayer and most of us did backflips in disbelief, thinking it was going to suck.

Being one of those formerly pessimistic, I really ended up liking the multiplayer in the U2 beta, especially the cooperative mission, and I'm sure most of you share my sentiments.

That being said, do you think 2K Games will have the same amount of success with Bioshock 2's multiplayer?

What about future single player games? Do you absolutely loathe the idea of a multiplayer component, or would you welcome it on the grounds that the single player campaign wouldn't suffer?

...did you even like U2's multiplayer?

I don't care for multiplayer in certain games, and I wouldn't want my most favoritest single player series of all time ever, Mirror's Edge, to have it.

[Note: I would've put a poll, but there are way too many variable answers to justify only 5 to choose from.]

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

If the online is fun and the single player is unaffected I have no problem with MP

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

I loathe multiplayer, Uncharted was always single player first.

I wish I had the freaking beta to change my mind.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thelastguy

samuraiguns

You could use my extra code, everybody I know irl doesn't seem to want it

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

If the online is fun and the single player is unaffected I have no problem with MP

thelastguy
Bingo...online is a blast so far but i still worry about the single player. Atleast it seems they just let a ton of new interns make the multiplayer though. If this turns out like Temple of Doom or...Crystal Skull i will cry...but hopefully instead it will be an amazing follow up like The Last Crusade
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

thelastguy

can i haz beta codez?

so far it sounds like a lot of mp games where people just spam grenades, but the sp looks top notch.

edit:

Not really a fan of the gameplay though, a great experience cinematically but otherwise its just a shooter... I mean ever since my cod4 fix years back i cannot bring my self to buy another shooter, nothing seems unique enough, also the fact that i can't stand controllers for shooters. Maybe if i rent uncharted i will change my mind.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

I think that would make samurai cry...he has been looking for a code for so long xD
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

thelastguy

yay! I will take it!
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 adizorz

you really like mirror's edge that much huh, i rented it, maybe i wasn't doing it right, was your first playthrough the height of the experience or does it get better somehow...

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, Height of the experience... I wasn't getting as frustrated with it as everyone else was, I suppose.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adizorz

lol pun not intended. :P

i didn't get frustrated with it. i think it just felt too automatic i think i would of like an extra button to map commands to that were necessary to perform moves, i played the game without the red hints thing, making it more of a puzzle game, at least that is what i was thinking at the time. I think if it just had better level design and a better story i would like it, if i bought it i would of felt ripped off though.

RazerBlade13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 RazerBlade13
Member since 2008 • 3822 Posts

I always had hope for Uncharted 2. Multiplayer or not.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

thelastguy
this i suck at online so i almost never play online (exception with the first COD) and my internet is not up most of the times anyway
imapieceofwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imapieceofwood
Member since 2006 • 1855 Posts

i really like the multiplayer. tons of fun playing the same co-op level over and over again. never seems to get old.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
lol Mirror's Edge 2 Multiplayer. Scianix-Black - 2nd place! You Won: Silver Medal! 2642 experience! LEVEL UP!
Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
Couldn't tell you. I learned from the Warhawk beta that it only ruined the experience for me.
ColonelRadec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ColonelRadec
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts
Multi-player is the icing on the cake for me, I can not wait to get my hands on Uncharted 2. I am enjoying playing the first one.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
The way Naughty Dog handled their MP is definitely the way to do it. What I mean is that they hired a bunch of dev's separately to work on the multiplayer component while overseeing it and had all the guys who worked on the original single player continue to work on it.

I was skeptical, but its really really fun and the co-op mode is awesome.

BioShock is another one that I'm skeptical about, it could turn out amazing, but I was listening to the Giant Bombcast and they said that they were underwhelmed and disappointed with the BioShock 2 MP showing at E3.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

The way Naughty Dog handled their MP is definitely the way to do it. What I mean is that they hired a bunch of dev's separately to work on the multiplayer component while overseeing it and had all the guys who worked on the original single player continue to work on it.

I was skeptical, but its really really fun and the co-op mode is awesome.

BioShock is another one that I'm skeptical about, it could turn out amazing, but I was listening to the Giant Bombcast and they said that they were underwhelmed and disappointed with the BioShock 2 MP showing at E3. navstar29

I was affraid the u2 multiplayer would suck. That is until I got a beta code and spent my first minute running around as chloe. Haha anyone see the interview with the voice actors of the two female chars? The girl that played chloe mentioned how they made her butt look so cute.

purple_pride99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 purple_pride99
Member since 2008 • 825 Posts

I wasn't really impressed with the MP beta to be honest, single player will get me playing UC2 but the MP doesn't really interest me.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

i didn't esspecially like the uncharted 2 multiplayer beta. as long as the single player is good I'll be happy, but i probably will never play multiplayer when it comes out.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thelastguy

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

[QUOTE="samuraiguns"]

CosmoKing7717

I think that would make samurai cry...he has been looking for a code for so long xD

and he said the code didn't work :?

killerbeejp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerbeejp
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts
Uncharted 2 mp beta is awesome and shows me this game will not only be great, but will be a trend setter to TPS mp. It has a lot of new stuff that I havent seen in any TPS mp before. It is far more diverse and fun than Socom and Gears especially.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

I was very vocal about the MP in Uncharted 2, but I never doubted that the MP itself wouldn't be fun ..

What I was most skeptical and vocal about what the fact that it better not take away from the SP experience that Uncharted is ..

For the time I've played the MP I have been having fun (Scianix we need to do some Co-op, I haven't tried it), but if I think for one second that the SP is lacking, then I will be a little angry about the decision to add in the MP, fun or not.

Until I have Uncharted 2 in my hands, I will always be a little skeptical, but hell, that is just me .. :)

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#25 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
I bought inFAMOUS the day it came out. But I didn't get Uncharted MP Beta code. Well, I'm in Sweden, not USA like u guys anyway. :(
buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

Awww, hell. I actually forgot about that beta, I've been playing Infamous when I have time.

I really hope, beyond everything, 2K keep the Bioshock SP the focus!

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

I was very vocal about the MP in Uncharted 2, but I never doubted that the MP itself wouldn't be fun ..

What I was most skeptical and vocal about what the fact that it better not take away from the SP experience that Uncharted is ..

For the time I've played the MP I have been having fun (Scianix we need to do some Co-op, I haven't tried it), but if I think for one second that the SP is lacking, then I will be a little angry about the decision to add in the MP, fun or not.

Until I have Uncharted 2 in my hands, I will always be a little skeptical, but hell, that is just me .. :)

=O whaaat? you have not done the Co-op? Add me xD we must do it before the beta ends...it is so fun =3
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CosmoKing7717

=O whaaat? you have not done the Co-op? Add me xD we must do it before the beta ends...it is so fun =3

Will do man .. :)

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I was the "hater" that made that huge thread and I have to say it looks awesome. I'm also not much into multiplayer but it looks fun. I gave away my code to someone. Single player actually looks better than U1 so I think I'll take everything back. :P
MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts

I have the closed beta and HONEST TO GOD.. I loved Uncharted 1 but i HATE THE MULTIPLAYER. It's terribly boring... and lame... and I don't think it will be a highlight of the game's release.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

Will do man .. :)

Add me too. I am always looking for people to do coop with.

psnid:spinningbeat

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#32 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]lol Mirror's Edge 2 Multiplayer.

I bring you, the new Mario Kart of the century! It could actually work out the way I see it.
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

I play a lot of games for the single player story, with good multi just being a bonus.

I dont want all single player games following a multi-player trend but if some good franchises can take a note from UC2 then that would be great (MGS4 I looking at you)

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
uncharted 2 multiplayer made me realize what a cool character nathan drake is cause i just kill him when the badits plus its awesome getting killed by nathan drake lol. first time in a video game were getting killed pretty fun lol. also its well done, i didn't expect you would have special abilities you can swithc in and out liek perks.
Lamb0fFilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lamb0fFilth
Member since 2007 • 632 Posts

lolo its sweet

Iplayps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points