Harrdest Platinum Trophy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Which game has the most difficult platinum trophy award in your opinion?

For me it's Warhawk. It took me over 4 years to finally get platinum.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Probably Warhawk or Gran Turismo 5. Haven't even attempted them lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries. The grind for 1000 kills with each weapon and spell is. Then the missions, THEN the difficulty trophies.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

GT5 comes to mind. Though any game with online trophies and dead online communities come in second.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Socom would also probably be up there. Pretty much any online only game is going to be rough.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny because it took so long, and the real final boss was a nightmare. That or Starhawk because of the mercenary SP, the area were you had to fend off so many enemies from destroying the turret beam was brutal.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries. The grind for 1000 kills with each weapon and spell is. Then the missions, THEN the difficulty trophies.darkspineslayer

Time consuming doesn't make it hard.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 has by far the hardest I've ever seen. The sheer amount of time you need to spend dedicated to the game is astronomical. I haven't obtained it myself, but I've seen estimates of 600+ hours to get the platinum, assuming your driving skills are good enough to get it (this is another big issue).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries. The grind for 1000 kills with each weapon and spell is. Then the missions, THEN the difficulty trophies.Gxgear

How about both then? Have you played the game?
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Anything with a ridiculous MP trophy.
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

It's easily vanquish. Challenge 6 has to be nearly impossible for 95% of the population.

Now, if you're thinking Demon souls, you'd have to be sorely mistaken...the requirements for trophies for that game are grindy (ie, takes alot of farming time) than actually being challenging.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries. The grind for 1000 kills with each weapon and spell is. Then the missions, THEN the difficulty trophies.Gxgear

Agreed. If it only takes time to eventually get a trophy, then it's not challenging.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 has by far the hardest I've ever seen. The sheer amount of time you need to spend dedicated to the game is astronomical. I haven't obtained it myself, but I've seen estimates of 600+ hours to get the platinum, assuming your driving skills are good enough to get it (this is another big issue).

Vari3ty

GT5 isn't that hard, just 1 Vettel challenge is hard...(the nurburgring one) :evil:

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Anything with a ridiculous MP trophy.funsohng
Man I hate those. "kill an enemy using a weilding torch". I wonder who the morons are who come up with some of them?

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

it's both time consuming and hard
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#16 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Far Cry 2
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Mirror's Edge
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/games/93140-collected-trophy-difficulty-ratings.htmlHere's a good list of platinum difficulty based on user ratings. The hardest one I've got on there is Max Payne 3.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#18 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

The first thing that comes in mind is Killzone 2 , have you seen those mp trophies? DAMN!

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#19 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts
Anything with a ridiculous MP trophy.funsohng
i second that!
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Anything with a ridiculous MP trophy.Bigboi500

Man I hate those. "kill an enemy using a weilding torch". I wonder who the morons are who come up with some of them?

To me those usually sound hard, but end up really easy.

In Battlefield I thought getting a kill with the little repair bot (engineer) would be impossible, never really tried to do it and those controlls kill me. Then when I tried it for the first time in a match, ended up getting 3 kills immediately. All you have to do is sneak behind the attackers and mow them down. I literally lined them up in a tunnel, then mowed them down from behind LOL.

A similar stratety worked for "The Dentist" trophy in Bad Compnay 2. Honestly shouldn't be any different than getting a knife kill.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

It's easily vanquish. Challenge 6 has to be nearly impossible for 95% of the population.glitch2424

Beat me to it; no grinding, glitches or anything like that will save you. I sat there for about 4 weeks solidly each night trying to do it, finally did it and only 700 players worldwide at the time had done it. Obviously more have now, but needless to say, it was pretty challenging. The rest of the game is fine, it's just that challenge, but it's still hard as nails. Devil May Cry HD was solid too, DMD mode on some of those bosses... Of course these are just the platinums I have, there are most likely much harder ones. NGS2 comes to mind, along with Star Ocean 4.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries. The grind for 1000 kills with each weapon and spell is. Then the missions, THEN the difficulty trophies.darkspineslayer

How about both then? Have you played the game?

No, but I have a problem with the statement, "having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty is the least of your worries".

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
While not necessarily hard Mortal Kombat requires you to play each character 24 hours.
Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
For me, definitely Vanquish. Was stuck on the final trophy for almost a year because of that damn Challenge 6. After thousands of attempts, I finally beat it the other night. Never before has a game driven me to the brink of insanity like this one has. I love the game, one of my favorite this gen...but I absolutely loathe that Challenge 6.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Eye of Judgement, C&C Red Alert 3
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

The first thing that comes in mind is Killzone 2 , have you seen those mp trophies? DAMN!

CyberLips
I can't even get past Radec/Radic (whatever his name is) on Hard mode, i can't even get past the first round without having to help my annoying team mate who either gets in the way or get's injured :(
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Only platinum I have is Jak and Daxter... FFXIII seems the most time consuming out of my game list and maybe Dark Souls the hardest difficulty wise? I don't really know.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Only platinum I have is Jak and Daxter... FFXIII seems the most time consuming out of my game list and maybe Dark Souls the hardest difficulty wise? I don't really know.

whiskeystrike
Dark Souls' platinum doesn't seem that hard. It seems more time consuming collecting all the weapons and what not.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Minishdriveby

Dark Souls' platinum doesn't seem that hard. It seems more time consuming collecting all the weapons and what not.

Well these are the games I have for PS3

Uncharted Trilogy

Final Fantasy XIII

Dark Souls

Shadow/Ico Collection

Yakuza 4

Tales of Graces F

MGS collection

God of War Saga

Jak and Daxter collection

RE4 (PSN)

Not really sure which one is supposed to be the hardest.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
Isn't there one in GTA 4 that requires playing online with a member of Rock Star?
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Isn't there one in GTA 4 that requires playing online with a member of Rock Star? HybridPhoenix
a member of rockstar or someone that already has that trophy, so its really an easy trophy.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Have none of you guys played super meat boy?

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Singstar anyone?

There's a trophy that requires your online performance to be voted at least 4 stars by at least 1000 players. A lot of baby showing and pity party videos were made to lure players to vote for them. Overall, it requires you to be extremely popular in the community for some of the trophies.

Fight Night

I remember reading about one trophy requiring you to beat the world champion, which means you just need to be the best player in the whole world. Good going.

KGBJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KGBJay
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
A lot of games have very difficult trophies, let alone platinum. Games where you need to dedicate an unrealistic amount of time is just stupid. They should make the trophies difficult but not to the point you need to quite your day job and take up gaming full time.
KGBJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KGBJay
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]Isn't there one in GTA 4 that requires playing online with a member of Rock Star? jcopp72
a member of rockstar or someone that already has that trophy, so its really an easy trophy.

virus trophies are the easiest it's pretty much go online, you got it! lol
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

whiskeystrike
FXIII wasn't necessarily hard..more time consuming than anything. You'll likely spend more time grinding for gold nuggets to spend on parts for weapons than actually beating the game. The only "hard" trophy was probably beating Ceith Stone mission 64 trying to get 5 stars. It's not really hard. There's is a certain way to do it and it's quite easy.Anyway, none of the plats I currently have were so hard that it drove me crazy. A few, like a couple of the stunts in Infamous or all the grinding in FXIII, was annoying but not hard. Unlike most of the people that only play games for platinums, I generally play games because I wanted to play it, not to become some irrelevant king of platinum hunters or whatever. Never really understood that but hey, some people spend their life wanting to be no. 1, no matter what it is.
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
Mirror's Edge is very hard but it's definitely doable. I would advise people trying at this platinum to not give up.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Have none of you guys played super meat boy?

Liquid_

It's not on the PS3.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
All Rockstar Games have hard (but not impossible trophies). GTA4, Red Dead Redemption and more recently Max Payne 3. No normal gamer is going to finish the game in one sitting on highest difficulty without dying (NYM Hardcore) plus the MP trophies are really time consuming.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

GT5 comes to mind. Though any game with online trophies and dead online communities come in second.

mikeyMKII
^This For me its LBP, getting hearts/favorites on your levels isn't easy. (and I suck at making good levels)
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#42 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Here's a list of games based on difficulty for the platinum based off of user ratings. According to the list my most difficult platinum is Mass Effect 2 with a difficulty rating of 6.07/10, though I didn't find it as hard as some other games I've plat'd.