Hard bosses and cheap bosses

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

A difficult boss should be hard, but a well skilled player can overcome them, leaving the player with an immense sense of gratiffication. MK9 needs a lesson in boss fights because **SPOILER**(not really though..) the Shao Kahn boss fight with Raiden is not hard, it's just stupidly cheap. There is no sense of accomplishment from dodging spear after spear only the flying dragon kick him when he taunts, I thought this was such a disappointing boss fight. What's everyone else's thoughts?

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

lol go play demon's souls you'll probably break a controller or 2.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

idunnodude

This.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

idunnodude

Demon Souls difficulty is sooooo overrated, the only boss I had trouble with was those damn Maneaters... otherwise the game was a cake walk. Flamelurker? Pushover. The boss of 1-3 (forgot his name) is just as easy.

A cheap game boss goes to Duriel from Diablo 2..... he's like a **** cheetah w/ overpowered attacks and strong defense.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
the more threads I see like this the more i really don't want to play the singel player campaign... I really want to play MK, but I just wanna have FUN and play online, but I feel like the single player would be great practice... what difficulty did you do this on?
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 idunnodude

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

00Killaz00

Demon Souls difficulty is sooooo overrated, the only boss I had trouble with was those damn Maneaters... otherwise the game was a cake walk. Flamelurker? Pushover. The boss of 1-3 (forgot his name) is just as easy.

A cheap game boss goes to Duriel from Diablo 2..... he's like a **** cheetah w/ overpowered attacks and strong defense.

well ur probably just really good at games lol. the majority of ppl find it hard. i just dont get why u have to start over from all the way in the beginning of the level when u die, thats what irritated me the most. i wouldnt say the difficulty is overrated, but i would say the game is overrated. its a good game though, but i think if ppl looked past the difficulty its not all that great.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

[QUOTE="00Killaz00"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

idunnodude

well ur probably just really good at games lol. the majority of ppl find it hard. i just dont get why u have to start over from all the way in the beginning of the level when u die, thats what irritated me the most. i wouldnt say the difficulty is overrated, but i would say the game is overrated. its a good game though, but i think if ppl looked past the difficulty its not all that great.

The funny thing is... I'm horrible at most games, the thing about Demon Souls is... you just gotta be careful and smart, most games require speed & skill, but the reason alot of people are so bad at Demon Souls is a lack of patience. I died only three times lol, the first 1 was by the maneaters (solo).... then I bring a party of 3 (me, 2 blue phantoms)... and I died 2 more times lol.

GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="00Killaz00"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

idunnodude

It depends on how you approach it, and it's designed in a way that unless you've watched somebody play it before or heard alot about, you will learn EVERYTHING the hard way. For examle, I recieved my first death 10 minutes into 1-1 when I discovered that the game does not have a pause function lol. But yeah by todays standards it's definetly not easy, nor is it a game you can just casually hack n' slash through, constant focus and caution is required everytime you turn a corner.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

00Killaz00

I found the Tower Knight and the 4-2 boss (well all of 4-2 actually) to be quite difficult, but other than that it wasn't too bad. I don't think it was the difficulty of the enemies that made it tough as much as the fact that you had to start the entire level over (with 50/75% health and harder enemies) if you died.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
the more threads I see like this the more i really don't want to play the singel player campaign... I really want to play MK, but I just wanna have FUN and play online, but I feel like the single player would be great practice... what difficulty did you do this on?Essian
Lol don't worry. You can switch the CPU's AI to beginner and they basically become ruh-tarded
hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

idunnodude

I've played through the game entirely and defeated it in new game plus a few times, trust me I know. What my main gripe with the Shao Kahn fight is that it's supposed to be this epic battle between good and evil, instead it's me jumping back and forth over him giving him a quick kick or two then hopping back around. Nothing epic about that, or satisfying.

LovelyLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LovelyLost
Member since 2011 • 130 Posts
Hm, I thought it was pretty hard. I had to defeat him so many times over and over again.
Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

00Killaz00

funny I see you saying this but you're a self admitted youtube cheater for the fights in Demon's Souls, we have already had this discussion. So stop talking like you're great because you had to youtube boss battles dude, that's not skill.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

[QUOTE="00Killaz00"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

dk00111

I found the Tower Knight and the 4-2 boss (well all of 4-2 actually) to be quite difficult, but other than that it wasn't too bad. I don't think it was the difficulty of the enemies that made it tough as much as the fact that you had to start the entire level over (with 50/75% health and harder enemies) if you died.

He's an admitted cheat and talks like he beat DS by himself without help, giveme a break!

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 idunnodude

i think the concept of demon's souls was pretty good though. invading worlds and stuff like that was pretty cool. i wish they had a game that had a similar battle system to demon's souls, but was more of a jrpgs style. like colourful and pleasant looking levels and environments and a more in depth online system with more story, weapons and armour and all that, kinda like a mmorpg but for the ps3. i think that would be pretty awesome especially if they found a way to make the online battles more balanced, so noobs and pros alike could have a chance online. cuz i recall everytime i went online to try and fight someone they always had like crazy powered weapons and i would die instantly by some crazy fire spell that would kill in like 1 hit lol. yeah i know i could just suck at the game lol, but i mean i did beat it, thats gotta count for something right? lol.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Man Shao Kahn is so frigin cheap. They should patch him once psn gets back up.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I agree with Shao Kahn being cheap. All fighting game bosses are cheap as hell.
GreenPatchSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GreenPatchSky
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts

Seth. SF4 soo cheap

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I have more issues with Noob Saibot than Shao Kahn. You can't approach the boss characters in MK9 like you do regular characters. They're more about learning their attacks and dodging them, since all of their moves have a tell. You have to wait for gaps between the boss' attacks or wait for them to taunt you before you attack, otherwise you stay on the other side of the screen. but God damn ... Noob Saibot gives me fits...
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Mass Effect 2 on insanity...