This topic is locked from further discussion.

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts

Hey guys, im just wondering what position you guys play handhelds in? Every time i play my psp , and when i used to play my GB i always get a sore neck and i have never been able to find a posititon where it doesnt hurt. Ive tried everything i can think of but my neck always hurts and i even get bad headaches sometimes.

Nightkind55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nightkind55
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

How long are you playing for before you get these pains. Usually, after about an hour and a half or so, I stop and take a short break. Just going out for a cigarette is usually long enough to keep from getting sore when I play.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

I usually lie in bed or put my elbows on a desk.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
I haven't had this problem, but avoid hunching over and avoid sitting in the exact same position for more than 20-30 minutes at a time, tops.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

I use various positions - laying on the bed - sitting on the sofa - sitting in an "office" chair with my feet up :D:D

Rarely do more the 90 mins without a break though

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

I constantly switch, but it's my wrists that always end up hurting

shikakrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shikakrinks
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

I constantly switch, but it's my wrists that always end up hurting

blacknight06

yeah, same thing for me. i switch every 10 - 20 mins

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hotfiree
I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv. I was curious though if it was just me. Night its usually after around 10 mins Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I usually play PSP laying down on my bed.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The majority of my play time is in bed and i have suffered neck pain after 2 hours of use. the new issue for me that has never happened before with my 1000 and 3000 is that with my GO, my hand gets cramped after only an hour of playing. I know its the way that im holding it but i dont think its that much different from my earlier models

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Mostly laying in bed or sitting on a couch.

JonnyJ97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JonnyJ97
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

i suggest that u take a rest at regular intervals and also try laying flat which doesnt put as much stress on the hands or neck.

hope this helps :)

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 damann22

i suggest that u take a rest at regular intervals and also try laying flat which doesnt put as much stress on the hands or neck.

hope this helps :)

JonnyJ97

yeah i know. yet i dont put the psp down nor do i stop. its just to fun

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="hotfiree"]I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv. I was curious though if it was just me. Night its usually after around 10 mins Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.

if the headache caused you to vomit, then that is a bad sign. check with a doctor. it could be more than just the psp giving you headache and you might need your vision checked or get prescription glasses.
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hotfiree
[QUOTE="jasontdoto"][QUOTE="hotfiree"]I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv. I was curious though if it was just me. Night its usually after around 10 mins Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.

if the headache caused you to vomit, then that is a bad sign. check with a doctor. it could be more than just the psp giving you headache and you might need your vision checked or get prescription glasses.

Thanks for the concern, but i play my ps3 for as many if not more hours and no headaches at all. Its because my neck ends up so bent from the psp
alonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alonline
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

play with my hand on the table.

i tried hanging my psp while laying on my bed.

not a good idea. good for watching movie though..

if only there is an accessory that can make psp feel like ps controller.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

Patapon is giving me sore wrists and elbows... And fingers...

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts

Im normally sitting on a chair or lying somewhere when im playing mine.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 damann22

Patapon is giving me sore wrists and elbows... And fingers...

longtonguecat

likewise, so i play it now lying down and only using my thumb since the d-pad just moves the camera.

JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
[QUOTE="hotfiree"]I might just start using the cable to hook my psp up to my tv. I was curious though if it was just me. Night its usually after around 10 mins Had such a headache yesterday i vomited.

Hey, that doesn't sound good. :( You sure it's your neck that's the real culprit and not your eyes in the case of the headache? How are your eyes doing? I know for myself, I have eye sensitivity towards certain spectrums of lighting (I hate dusk lighting - everything blurs, for example) and if I play a game or watch a music visualizer that gives off certain colorations, I've gotten myself a migraine or two.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
If I'm laying in bed my arms start to go asleep. If I'm playing DJ Max my right hand gradually begins to die.
cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 cookie_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 15872 Posts
Depends on the game really. If it requires intense button mashing, then I don't stay in the same position for more than 10 minutes :P Other than that, I usually lie on my bed when playing.
takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#23 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts
I usually play when on my couch or in a office chair. It's usually my wrists or hands that start slightly hurting so I hake a 10-15 min break, always take breaks they give time to relax your muscles. You should really go to the doctor tho' the vomiting part sounds serious :(
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

My neck is fine but my left thumb hurts because of the analog stick. I dunno for u, but if I play GTA game for 2 hours my thumb hurts as hell...

Emandudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Emandudeguy
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

How long are you playing for before you get these pains. Usually, after about an hour and a half or so, I stop and take a short break. Just going out for a cigarette is usually long enough to keep from getting sore when I play.

Nightkind55

I'm sorry, but that's oxymoronic, stop playing games so you won't get a temporary stiff neck and taking a 5 minute break to smoke and mess up your lungs permanently??

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

I have back problems, so shifting position is a necessity for me. But I do love my gaming. What I recommend (besides plenty of exercise) is a good seat and one of these fellers:

PSP Cradle

I recommend everyone get one. It is an awesome device that takes the presure of your hands and fingers. Its not that portable, but then I rarely play for that long when Im out and about. You can still change UMD's and access all buttons and plug ins.

GameObserver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27 GameObserver
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I get pain holding my PSP for too long. Problem is the damn thing is too small. I have a 3000, and my hands aren't that big either. I can't imagine the pain a PSP GO would do since it's smaller. I personally would position the 4 buttons a bit higher. Right now the PSP forces me to hold the handheld with my right hand practically with my finger tips, and that cramps them up over time.

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

I get pain holding my PSP for too long. Problem is the damn thing is too small. I have a 3000, and my hands aren't that big either. I can't imagine the pain a PSP GO would do since it's smaller. I personally would position the 4 buttons a bit higher. Right now the PSP forces me to hold the handheld with my right hand practically with my finger tips, and that cramps them up over time.

GameObserver

I also thought the Go would be more uncomfortable but now that I've had it for 2 months I have noticed that it brings less pain to my hands compared to my original 1000. I would say I have decent sized hands ;). On the 1000 the my left thumb was the first to start hurting but now that the go has moved the analog nub to the right, it is a lot more comfortable.