Guitar Hero 3 connection issue.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts

I connected the USB dongle thingie, put my batteries in, hit the PS button and... nothing.

It flashes, like it's trying to recognize, but it can't.

Is there something I'm missing? Some hidden step that the ****ing manual neglects to mention??

PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CeeCee0203
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts

plug the dongle in

press the red button in the middle of dongle

then press PS button on guitar

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 excelR83

plug the dongle in

CeeCee0203

No dice.

Apparently I bought a lemon.

It's great because I will only have to wait SEVERAL ****ING WEEKS TO GET ANOTHER COPY IN TO EXCHANGE IT WITH THIS ****ING PIECE OF ****.

The orange button/last fret/L1 is also broken and stays depressed.

Total ****ing piece of ****. I don't even think I'll exchange it, I'm getting my money back, **** YOU ACTIVISION.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

plug the dongle in

CeeCee0203

seems like u have the game... can i go over and play?:)

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CeeCee0203
lol yea i have it...it took me forever to figure out the press the red button on the dongle thing for the guitar to pick it up lol...but i play online if you're ever on...add me on PSN
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Keasy4
sure but i dont have the game:( maybe when i get payed
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 excelR83

I am beyond pissed off right now. This game is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I will not be able to exchange it for at least a week, probably two. I just wasted $100 and I have nothing to show for it. Shoddy hardware is completely unacceptable in a bundle like this, especially when exchanging it is a matter of waiting until hell freezes over and those ****ing morons at Activision decide to make enough copies to meet the demand of this stupid game.

I mainly bought the game so I would have two guitars when Rock Band ships, and if the hardware for that is anywhere near as awful as this guitar I will stay far, far away from these types of games in the future. Not impressed at all.

It's a good thing I'm alone in my apartment, because I would seriously punch just about anyone in the face right now.

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Keasy4
that sucks man but i hope when i get it it will be easy to do everything..
CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CeeCee0203

I am beyond pissed off right now. This game is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I will not be able to exchange it for at least a week, probably two. I just wasted $100 and I have nothing to show for it. Shoddy hardware is completely unacceptable in a bundle like this, especially when exchanging it is a matter of waiting until hell freezes over and those ****ing morons at Activision decide to make enough copies to meet the demand of this stupid game.

I mainly bought the game so I would have two guitars when Rock Band ships, and if the hardware for that is anywhere near as awful as this guitar I will stay far, far away from these types of games in the future. Not impressed at all.

It's a good thing I'm alone in my apartment, because I would seriously punch just about anyone in the face right now.

excelR83

why cant you just bring it back to where you bought it from and exchange it??

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CeeCee0203
and the guitar from gh3 won't work with rock band anyway
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 excelR83
[QUOTE="excelR83"]

CeeCee0203

why cant you just bring it back to where you bought it from and exchange it??

The game is absolutely impossible to find right now, at least in Canada. I mentioned that in my post.

Oh well, I'll see what happens.

Rant off, I guess I'll stick to traditional games for a week or two.

and the guitar from gh3 won't work with rock band anywayCeeCee0203

Yes it will.

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CeeCee0203

lol who told you that???

bcuz there have been numerous threads of ppl stating the opposite

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CeeCee0203

doesnt matter to me either way...i dont plan on buying rock band

but sorry to hear about your gh3 problem

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
well put the dongle into the 1st USB Slot. turn your PS3 on manually (not using a Sixaxis controller) press the button in the center of the dongle, hit the PS Button on the Guitar Controller and it should work. i understand what you mean man. not alot of stores have the PS3 version. i'm lucky i got one on the release date.
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 excelR83

lol who told you that???

bcuz there have been numerous threads of ppl stating the opposite

CeeCee0203

Ah, well... both games were supposed to work with eachother's peripherals, it was mentioned a hundred times all over the net when RB was announced.

However, after reading your post I did a little digging and apparently, even though it is supposed to work, it does not.

Fan-tas-tic.

My primary reason for buying GH3 was to have a guitar and a bass for Rock Band. ARGH.

So I guess I have to buy two bloody RB bundles or wait until February or something for the peripherals to ship separately.

ratmxrebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ratmxrebel
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

It took me forever to figure out how to sync the guitar with the PS3, and I got in the exact same mood as you when I couldnt figure out how to connect to my wireless to the PS3 (and it took me days, days of frustration) :(