GTAIV gets a perfect score from IGN

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

I always knew the game would be awesome, and I was getting the game regardless of reviews. But it is good seeing the game getting all the credit it deserves.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html

kalkhaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 kalkhaja
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
W O W ! ! !
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I always knew the game would be awesome, and I was getting the game regardless of reviews. But it is good seeing the game getting all the credit it deserves.

Yng-ePIc

I just read the review, but I honestly don't pay attention to any reviews...I review a gme based on my own opinion. It's good to see straight 10's, but I'll have to judge for myself tuesday at 12am.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

HOLY JESUS IS THE ALMIGHTY LORD!

thats a high score lol

i hope mgs4 gets the same XD

DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts
They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Well, that is good news for fans of the series, they get an excellent game.
Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yng-ePIc
[QUOTE="Yng-ePIc"]

MusashiSensi

I just read the review, but I honestly don't pay attention to any reviews...I review a gme based on my own opinion. It's good to see straight 10's, but I'll have to judge for myself tuesday at 12am.

Yeah I'm the same way, but a perfect score does look nice.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.DaddyLongCaddy

They did not say that in the video review.

DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaddyLongCaddy

[QUOTE="DaddyLongCaddy"]They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.MusashiSensi

It's on the 5th page of the written review.

Phearr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phearr
Member since 2005 • 579 Posts
good im gettign thisgame on midnight
mosset5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mosset5
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

Impressive..... Most Impressive.....

goobert2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 goobert2
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
was there any doubt, who never had fun wit GTA
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
And I trust IGN scores completley! Freakin' awesome, 7 pages of reviewing?! They really tried to mark it down didn't they :D:D
jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts
Nice now I can't really wait oh yeah...
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="DaddyLongCaddy"]They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.DaddyLongCaddy

It's on the 5th page of the written review.

You are right. It's nice the PS3 version finally runs better than the 360 version.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Even LoZ: OoT didn't get 10s across the board :shock:
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Wow that looks absolutely insane. I can literally say nothing, I'm speech less.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
I just got all wet
SamirZulic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SamirZulic
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Man a 10 from IGN thats pretty insane and to think they gave Assassinss Creed a 7.5...I think GS will follow with a 10 as well as should every other reviewer. Im astounded by the IGN score, but I know I shouldn't be at all.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LtColJaxson

Man a 10 from IGN thats pretty insane and to think they gave Assassinss Creed a 7.5...I think GS will follow with a 10 as well as should every other reviewer. Im astounded by the IGN score, but I know I shouldn't be at all. SamirZulic

Gamespot will give the PS3 version 8.5 because it has anti-aliasing and runs smoother. They prefer pop-ins and framerate issues on the 360 version, so they will give that a 10.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Well, I'd been pretty hesitant about this game, but after reading and watching IGN's review, I'm certainly going to be picking it up Tuesday.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
Jack Thompson just had a heart attack.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LtColJaxson

Jack Thompson just had a heart attack.C_BozkurT_C

Yeah, his nightmare has come true. There is gonna be a lot of angry letters coming from him. :lol:

willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
i saw that the graphics and animation was fantastic in the brief in game video i saw....glad to see IGN did as well, funny when ppl were bashing rockstar saying the graphics arent great blah blah blah...well now the gameplay is still fantastic and you can throw graphics in there to haha. TUESDAY HURRY UP AND COME!!! Why is time so cruel, when you want it to go quick it crawls, and when you want it to slow down to enjoy a moment it flies.... :(
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
this is going to be great. i wonder what gamespot is going to give it.
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
OMG! A 10 on IGN! Its been nearly a decade since IGN has given out a 10. This game has to be good.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

OMG! A 10 on IGN! Its been nearly a decade since IGN has given out a 10. This game has to be good.rocket9434

Yeah! This game is going to be awesome!

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="SamirZulic"]Man a 10 from IGN thats pretty insane and to think they gave Assassinss Creed a 7.5...I think GS will follow with a 10 as well as should every other reviewer. Im astounded by the IGN score, but I know I shouldn't be at all. LtColJaxson

Gamespot will give the PS3 version 8.5 because it has anti-aliasing and runs smoother. They prefer pop-ins and framerate issues on the 360 version, so they will give that a 10.

geeze dont start that crap again...anyways, yeah IGN is usually spot on with their reviews, so a 10 from them can only mean that this is one AMAZING game. i cannot wait.

initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
Watch your local t.v. stations for a 21 year old being hospitalized because the wait for GTA IV stressed him out so bad. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
Daaang... and I just spent most of my money buying stuff for my girlfriend :P... I need to get some money :P
arturo_ko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 arturo_ko
Member since 2006 • 1016 Posts

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

--sweet--

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yng-ePIc

Watch your local t.v. stations for a 21 year old being hospitalized because the wait for GTA IV stressed him out so bad. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!initiald411

LMAO! I'll make sure to tell everyone you predicted it.

Esgabaldon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Esgabaldon
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts
this game is going to be so aswome and it has 16 online multiplayer with the whole city open :)
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Wow, i didn't think it was possible, my hype metre is higher than before :D
Deity_Slapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Deity_Slapper
Member since 2008 • 2615 Posts

[QUOTE="C_BozkurT_C"]Jack Thompson just had a heart attack.LtColJaxson

Yeah, his nightmare has come true. There is gonna be a lot of angry letters coming from him. :lol:

If the heart attack kills him, he won't be writing much of anything. (Not that I'm hoping for his death, that would be mean. I just wish he would find another hobby.)

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

- IGN

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

----

It doesnt state that the PS3 version runs better anywhere in there, but hey im glad too see the PS3 catching up!

xX_F3ARLE55_Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xX_F3ARLE55_Xx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.DaddyLongCaddy
Who is "THEY" why dont you give me some proof some evidence someone said that, tipical fanboy..
DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaddyLongCaddy

- IGN

----

It doesnt state that the PS3 version runs better anywhere in there, but hey im glad too see the PS3 catching up!

ackr1TE

Less pop-in, better load times, less framerate hiccups = run better.

DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaddyLongCaddy

[QUOTE="DaddyLongCaddy"]They also say the PS3 version looks better and runs smoother. Good to know.xX_F3ARLE55_Xx
Who is "THEY" why dont you give me some proof some evidence someone said that, tipical fanboy..

Read the review smart guy, page 5.

painpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 painpas
Member since 2003 • 354 Posts
It says in another paragraph that there are more framerate and popup issues with the 360 version you just have to read the whole article or scan and see the PS3>360 for this game and it looks better too. The PS3 will get the downloadable content one day trust me and believe me the next game will be a PS3 exclusive by Rockstars request because I think based on a lot of articles from the devs themselves that the PS3 is the platform of choice for Rockstar for all future projects just do some research and you'll see. I was on the fence when it came to this game but now I'll be picking this up for sure.
dwade_vokmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dwade_vokmy
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
HOLY JESUS OF LORD!!!!!
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
holy mother of god.
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="ackr1TE"]

- IGN

----

DaddyLongCaddy

Actually, it says far less pop-in. :P Either way, seems both versions are pretty darn great. Although, I expected between a 9.8 and 10, still good to see at least the couple of people on IGN thought it was amazing. (Hopefully MGS4 will get such a review as well)

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ackr1TE
[QUOTE="ackr1TE"]

- IGN

----

DaddyLongCaddy

"Popin" is an aesthetic term not performance... if thats what your talking about.

Im sure there are verry few loading screens in the game anyway so that doesnt realy matter.

It realy comes down too do you prefer fewer jaggies or do you prefer better colour.

SouL-AsyluM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SouL-AsyluM
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
i dont follow ign very closely, so i would like to know what other game out there got a score of 10's? because from what i remember i havent seen much 10 from ign.
monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
[QUOTE="ackr1TE"]

- IGN

----

DaddyLongCaddy

wurd

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ackr1TE
[QUOTE="DaddyLongCaddy"][QUOTE="ackr1TE"]

- IGN

----

monie11k

wurd

Again let me reiterate "Pop-in" is not a performance term and has nothing to do with "Hiccups" dont let your fanboyism blind you.

Im not trying too flame the PS3 i just dont like false claims.

Both consoles have there plus's and minus's and performance aint one of them.

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ackr1TE

IGN

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. Thetextures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

---

End of discussion.