GTA V online missions. Are they worth your time..??

Avatar image for earthstoodstill
EarthStoodStill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll GTA V online missions. Are they worth your time..?? (8 votes)

Hell ya, better than the story arcs 25%
Its okay, doesnt add to the overall experience 38%
Waste of your time 38%
What? 0%
0%
 • 
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#1 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I never really liked playing them. They usually aren't very rewarding for the time you spend with them. And the enemy AI in the Online is just ridiculous and cheaply inflates the difficulty. But I guess it's all not so bad with a decent group of people, though that's hard to come by when you're grouping up with randoms. Anyway, can't say I've touched GTA Online since I hit level 100 about 6 weeks after the game first released. So I have almost no idea what everything is like now lol.

Chronogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Chronogos
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

They're boring.

I did a mission once where I had to go steal a garbage truck and bring it back to the safehouse.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I'm not targeting anyone who commented above in this thread, to each his own, but it really makes me roll my eyes when people join GTA online (especially those who only started playing online this year) and all they want to do are Heists. In my opinion Heists shouldn't even unlock online until rank 40. There are just way too many things that someone below that rank just simply isn't good at. Like hoards of enemies, maneuvering aircrafts, losing 4-5 stars, etc. Not that no one under rank 40 can, but in general that's something that I strongly don't think should be available for a rank 12. Low levels SHOULD be doing missions on hard to know what the hell they're doing in Heists.

Missions can be an awesome way to play, especially if you get a good team in a lobby and do a series of them on hard in a row. 4-5 of them takes maybe 30 or 40 minutes and can get you 100K and up. Sure, some of them suck, but honestly if you never play any of the missions online, you're really missing out. I think Heists are badass, just like everyone else, but I don't think they're the only thing worth playing online. Everyone has this mindset now that if it doesn't have a $200k payout, it isn't worth it. Go play missions once in a while. No you won't make as much, but it's quicker and then maybe you'll actually have some skill when you're doing Heists. Anyone over rank 60 probably shares my opinion of how obnoxious it is seeing a rank 12-40 joining a Heist when you're trying to do it on hard. I'm not saying that rank sucks or anything like that. It's simply about experience. Yeah... I feel strongly about this lol. So yeah, missions are worth it