GTA IV..... very boring

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

What is so good about this game? The cars all drive like an early 90's Buick, the controls are crap, the main character is annoying (i doubt a woman would want to date a ruskie right off the boat), and the missions are repetitive.

Once again, I buy into hype and waste money in the process (Halo 3). 10 out of 10 my arse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
The story is good but its missing the stuff that makes a Gta A GTA
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tommcruise
BTW: One of the reasons I bought this game was because of "1979" on the radio... haven't heard it once yet.
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tommcruise

The story is good but its missing the stuff that makes a Gta A GTAavataraang1

LMAO... Brock Obama. Thats gold.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]The story is good but its missing the stuff that makes a Gta A GTAtommcruise

LMAO... Brock Obama. Thats gold.

Yes it is
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
how the helll is niko annoying? He is a bad ass, man. It doesn't deserve a 10 but it deserves a 8 or 9
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

What is so good about this game? The cars all drive like an early 90's Buick, the controls are crap, the main character is annoying (i doubt a woman would want to date a ruskie right off the boat), and the missions are repetitive.

Once again, I buy into hype and waste money in the process (Halo 3). 10 out of 10 my arse.

tommcruise
I agree!! I bought GTA IV even though I have never really been a huge GTA fan. It looked like a very fun game and was for the first 8 "catch this guy before he gets away" missions!!! I am so done with this game!!! Going back to Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and CoD 4!!! HAZE is out soon as is MGS 4, so GTA IV is done as far as Im concerned!!
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
[QUOTE="tommcruise"]

kungfuchaos

I agree!! I bought GTA IV even though I have never really been a huge GTA fan. It looked like a very fun game and was for the first 8 "catch this guy before he gets away" missions!!! I am so done with this game!!! Going back to Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and CoD 4!!! HAZE is out soon as is MGS 4, so GTA IV is done as far as Im concerned!!

Ok lets see here i agree driving has been difficult but i have figured it out and its now awesome, the controls are actually pretty good but sometimes it does not let me shoot and i cant figure out why. For real its NY if a midget and mentally challenged peopel are getting some a guy like niko has a much beter chance. Repetitve gameplay i dont really see you have bike chases, snipe people, etc (dont want to go to far into it but its been pretty diverse, i mean you are a hired gun though what do you expect). Its a great game IMO but i have been a fan since 3 and if this is your first GTA then you probably just dont understand it.

Dnadolny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dnadolny
Member since 2007 • 534 Posts

how the helll is niko annoying? He is a bad ass, man. It doesn't deserve a 10 but it deserves a 8 or 9footfoe2

He's not badass... He's ICE COLD!

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Once again, I buy into hype and waste money in the process (Halo 3). 10 out of 10 my arse.tommcruise

BTW: One of the reasons I bought this game was because of "1979" on the radio... haven't heard it once yet.tommcruise

You know that the song would have cost you only 99 cents on iTunes, right?

I'm sorry but I think that if a gamer buys a game $70 (or whatever the price he/she pays) out of hype or because he/she wants to hear a single tune, that person deserves to have wasted his/her money. It's just ridiculous. Next time, don't underestimate the power of rentals!

ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts
Ever get the feeling people bad mouth a game purely for attention...
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

The story is good but its missing the stuff that makes a Gta A GTAavataraang1

I agree, its a damn good game, but you cant start the crap you were able to in the last game. WHere are the cheats? Where is the chainsaw and katana, where are the cool stunt jumps? Ihave not6 even found ONE hooker- WTF?!

Ad-2cool4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ad-2cool4u
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
This is the first GTA game that I have actually gotten into (I've played others, but just really fooled around it them), and I have found it to be quite enjoyable. What you really have to do is mess around between missions, it lets you get on with the story, but you take a break every now and then. Or you could go online sometimes, which I have found to be very very fun. It seems that this game has gained a "Love or Hate" relatioinship with gamers. The game is very good, with lots of value and great production, but if you really just dont like the style of game it is, you are not going to like it. So I'm sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy GTA IV, but give it another go. I found it boring in the beginning, and now I cant keep my hands off of it, because Niko starts to become such a likeable character, and the situations that the Bellic's get into are sometimes gut wrenching, sometimes hilarious. So please, before you make up your mind, give it another go. :)
Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
This Thread..... very boring
Sunni_Phono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sunni_Phono
Member since 2003 • 1970 Posts
You must not like video games then. Or you're just dying for attention.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]The story is good but its missing the stuff that makes a Gta A GTATlahui

I agree, its a damn good game, but you cant start the crap you were able to in the last game. WHere are the cheats? Where is the chainsaw and katana, where are the cool stunt jumps? Ihave not6 even found ONE hooker- WTF?!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/grandtheftauto4/hints.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;cheats

there is the cheats, your blind if you cannot find any stunt jumps on this game every few blocks is a dirt mound somewhere with a wood ramp to jump, hookers are everywhere but mostly at night in areas close to the strip club is alot and in the industrial areas. But look as you play the game becuase for you not to have seen these things yet is rediculous

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tommcruise

Ever get the feeling people bad mouth a game purely for attention...ColdRush88

So bascially, all the threads should be about how great certain games are?

ketchuponthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ketchuponthat
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Been a fan of the series but this one just hasn't done anything i expected it to do. Missions are the same old, oh noez he has escaped! track him down!!! They have polished everything to a t, well apart from the lighting which ive had to adjust. Story is boring. Part of the appeal of GTA before was the overblown writing and the war you could revel in the gangster role. With this i dont care. Its a video game, tell a story with a movie. Interactive mediums cant work as storytellers because every three minutes there is a pause in the storytelling and it becomes a game again.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
some people just don't like certain games folks, it's a fact of life. i absolutely despised halo 3, but i adore gears of war. i don't like grand theft auto 4, but i love saints row. gta4 took a turn to the realistic side, and i must say it isn't as fun that way. and the graphics were not that good, def not deserving of a 10. the multiplayer might as well have been left off as much as it sucked. auto-aiming kills it for me cause some people don't allow free aim on mp. flying a helicopter wasn't as fun as i thought it would be. saints row 2 will be my sandbox genre fix unless the next gta really changes.
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tommcruise

some people just don't like certain games folks, it's a fact of life. i absolutely despised halo 3, but i adore gears of war. i don't like grand theft auto 4, but i love saints row. gta4 took a turn to the realistic side, and i must say it isn't as fun that way. and the graphics were not that good, def not deserving of a 10. the multiplayer might as well have been left off as much as it sucked. auto-aiming kills it for me cause some people don't allow free aim on mp. flying a helicopter wasn't as fun as i thought it would be. saints row 2 will be my sandbox genre fix unless the next gta really changes.luigismansion101

Yea, maybe the "sandbox" genre isnt for me... I disliked Saints Row too.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

Lol ive clocked maybe 20 hoursa since i bought it about a week and a half ago and it just gets better, im 33% done and this game is one of the best out.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
I think it was a downgrade from san andreas, but i enjoyed this game alot, lol bruice is kindah funny :lol:
Magatsu23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Magatsu23
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
one of the best games ever made. awesome story (niko is an awesome character), very cool gunfights, very cool driving, very good song selection, i love the visuals, and is just so immersive. 10/10 without question.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
You are very special, this game is so good. and why you bought a game juste to hear a song ?!?!
toobzy08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 toobzy08
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
[QUOTE="tommcruise"]

kungfuchaos

HAZE SUX MY LEFT NUT seriously play the demo it s the worst game i have ever played in a long time.

smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Its not as good as San Andreas but its still good
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
well ihave not really sat down to play it i bought it on day 1 and played for liek an hour and have not played since stillon COD4
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Its very boring and it blows. The worst thing is that you can't even trade it back in to get a decent amount of money back for it. My gamestop is only willing to give me $30 for it and I'm still might just trade it in and get persona 3 fes.
YemeniXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 YemeniXXVI
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

This game is good...but it could've been better, if it was a PS3 exclusve and it used the Blu-ray capacity and really tweaked with the Cell, we would've had the best game ever...

But this game is still very very good, Niko is my favorite GTA character yet.

666_Laventine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 666_Laventine
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
Wow! Seems like theres a lot of who-ha about GTA4's "perfect" rating. I kinda expected it cuz I had my arguments on the game myself, but I try to play all spectrums of the games (hmm take that back I don't play sport games or racing games, but not my type of genres). I hate to say it, but GTA4 is not exactly the game I envision to get a rating of "perfect", but its only to be expected because GTA has a good running series that everyone, whether you like the game or not knows of this games existence. I've been playing them all, but I rented this GTA. I enjoyed it up to 3 and kinda saw it at a different point. In my opinion it don't deserve that score maybe a 7.7 in my case, but I only say that cause well, how can I put it, its kinda like Dynasty Warriors to me (same game just recycled). Don't get me wrong I like GTA, but its just getting a bit repetitve for me and I think I'm gonna have to retire this series from being played for me. Lately it just seems gaming is gonna have a rough incline on my free time cuz now the gaming generation is a bit heavy on shooters nowadays, we get the occaisional action adventure, and RPGs seems like a genre noone really wants to touch nowadays. Then theres the fact that all games are only multiplayer through online means, I don't have a problem playing with others online, but not all of my friends have online connectivity on their systems. Sometimes I want another person in the same room playing the same game that isn't just a shooter so that has my underwear all bunched up. But thats what my Wii is cool for. I'm, kinda missing those days of the SNES, PS1, & N64.
DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts
i love how the hardcore and fanboys of GTA are dissapointed with GTA IV.. and someone like me who really thought nothing special of the GTA franchise is actually loving it.. ha.. maybe now that its good and actually has a little depth to it people dont like it.. well the game is good.. and that girl dating the eatern european (he repeatedly says in the game he is not russian..) turns out to be *spoiler* DEA or something like that.. haven't found out yet.. been doing little missions for little jacob and brucie..
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
one of the best games ever made. awesome story (niko is an awesome character), very cool gunfights, very cool driving, very good song selection, i love the visuals, and is just so immersive. 10/10 without question.Magatsu23
So you enjoy playing the "Oh NO!!! Get him before he gets away" mission over and over and over and over and over and over....you get the clue here!!! GTA IV would be much better with much less driving missions. They are lame and boring!!! I will agree the story and charater developement are top notch. The graphics are good but not great! Id give GTA IV about a 8.5 personally!!!
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
yeah, I thought it was pretty boring myself actually...
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts

[QUOTE="footfoe2"]how the helll is niko annoying? He is a bad ass, man. It doesn't deserve a 10 but it deserves a 8 or 9Dnadolny

He's not badass... He's ICE COLD!

LOL, Great game, probably will play it twice. Possibly the best game in my mind to date, although it does take away from the childish gameplay it use to possess, which may piss some people off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 189302
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
GTA4 boring? Bollocks! I'll just say half the fun of a sandbox game is what the user does with it so if you're finding yourself bored perhaps the game isn't the problem.
ColdRush88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ColdRush88
Member since 2008 • 1192 Posts

[QUOTE="ColdRush88"]Ever get the feeling people bad mouth a game purely for attention...tommcruise

So bascially, all the threads should be about how great certain games are?

No. All the threads should be about how great the GTA games are. :D

It's just that there are so many "I hate GTA4" or "man GTA4 is boring" or even "why can't GTA4 be as good as Charlie's Angels" (ok I made that one up myself). It's getting tiresome and just seems like a cry for attention considering how good the game is and how well it's sold.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I thought the game was deserving on a 10. There is so much too do.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
Well personally i think gta iv is pretty good, its not all that, but pretty good, i think uncharted is better, imo, but i cant really talk bad about a game that has sold over 300 million copies lol. 8)
lilchuloai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lilchuloai
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts

[QUOTE="Magatsu23"]one of the best games ever made. awesome story (niko is an awesome character), very cool gunfights, very cool driving, very good song selection, i love the visuals, and is just so immersive. 10/10 without question.kungfuchaos
So you enjoy playing the "Oh NO!!! Get him before he gets away" mission over and over and over and over and over and over....you get the clue here!!! GTA IV would be much better with much less driving missions. They are lame and boring!!! I will agree the story and charater developement are top notch. The graphics are good but not great! Id give GTA IV about a 8.5 personally!!!

You do understand that GTA is an acronym for Grand Theft AUTO, thus there has always been and always will be a focus on vehicular combat, you should feel the rest is a bonus, not the contrary ...