gta 5 pixilated objects in the distance.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

I only noticed it today and has this game since it came out so whether or not this has been there since then I don't know but is really annoying is there anything I can do about this?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Unless it is a bug with the game that has cropped up, or your system is having an issue, the no. It's likely just aliasing or lower res rendering of distal features to save on processing power. With no graphical settings to tweak on the PS4 version, the game is what it is. Either it's fun or not - you can't fix the graphics.

I've noticed a lot of complaints from you about this game and aliasing lately... you need to understand a few things: 1) this game is a last gen game ported (albeit with updates) to PS4, so it was never going to set the bar for visuals on the system (although IMO it looks quite good), 2) it's an open-world game, which tend to look worse on any platform in terms of their fine details because their huge spaces with a lot of moving parts put heavier load on hardware, 3) the PS4 is mid-range hardware at best - it simply isn't powerful enough to brute-force a bunch of post-processing effects to ameliorate issues related to points 1 + 2.

The developers have to make concessions to make games run well on current hardware (yes, even PC hardware) - and this means there will be graphical flaws in games (even PC games). On PC you can crank up rendering distance, AF, AA, etc to make distal stuff look better, but it comes at a performance cost (a cost fixed hardware on consoles often can't afford) so even on PC a day will ALWAYS come when either you need to buy better hardware or you're going to have to live with less-than-max graphical settings on the title you just brought home from Gamestop (and, again, even max visual settings are not perfect - I can show you screenshots from The Witcher 3 completely maxed out at 1080p and you'll still see stuff like pixelated flat foliage or low-poly trees; the technology simply isn't there to have perfect visuals in a game, or at least not implemented in a way anyone's consumer hardware can handle)

I hope this helps