This topic is locked from further discussion.

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KengoK
Member since 2006 • 1768 Posts

i know i know that these games are totally different in terms of style and etc, one game is driving and the other is a fighting game ....yes yes i know all that..
anyway i would appreciate if you could say what game, for YOU is better i like both fighting and racing game, played the GRID demo liked it...

P.S all smart people that can't say anything useful except > decide for your self, i hate this topics, AND for this topic my favourite will be this game are not comparable and etc....Thx to those who help!:D

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

Up to you GRID is online multiplayer only, no split, so if you want to play with freinds over SC4 is better, also online is awesome. Depends have you already got a racer or a beat em up?

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Yeah, totally different games. But Grid is deaper and has a good online setup. And it's really fun. SC4 is basically a button masher that, for me, got old quickly.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KengoK
THX!
the only problem is that i never tried the demo for GRID cause my friend told me it's bull##### and i tried it only today to find out that GRID is a really good game i love it....well the demo....
but i also want to try out the SC4.....to bad they don't have a demo:(
PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Rent both and see for yourself.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KengoK
Rent both and see for yourself.PS3videos

good idea i might just do that Thx ))
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

get Grid

slyr114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slyr114
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
dont get grid it is such a terrible game i played demo on ps3 and have full on pc it is one of the worst racing games made, get dirt or need for speed or grant turismo or my favorite burnout paradise but between grid and sc4 get sc4 alot funnier it has local and online multipalter
666_Laventine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 666_Laventine
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
Probably didn't wanna hear this, but I can't say much bout GRID for I can't get into racing games for some reason, but I can recommend SC4 only if you like playing against other people that is. It can get pretty boring very quick due to lack of single player modes this time around. If you totally enjoyed playing Soul Calibur back in its Dreamcast days then you would probably get just as much if not more enjoyment out of SC4.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KengoK
well that's not to good for me i dont have that much time to play online...i was hoping for some story mode but i heard it is short as hell...( well probably hell is much much longer ) ....
666_Laventine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 666_Laventine

DO NOT get SC4 for story purpose! A five year could make better stories!!!! OK maybe that was a bit over exaggerated, but the story mode is short, very short!!!! 5 stages short!!!! I pretty much appreciate the game for it Online play, challenge stages, the create a character feature/ make new models of the in game characters although I thought it was lame you can't anything, but change the weapon on Vader, the Apprentice, and bonus characters too (I really wanted to make a character that dual weilded katanas even though its basically a watered down version of cervantes, but whatevs!!!), and the fact I have friends who love to play me at this game. Other than that there really is nothing good about SC4 other than I think its the best fighter out at the moment.

PeoNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PeoNeo
Member since 2003 • 141 Posts

i got both games and i perfer grid, sc4 gets old pretty fast

Dead-Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dead-Prez
Member since 2008 • 270 Posts
soul cailbur is a great game if u have friends to play with and customization is wonderful story mode is a waste of time online lags alot.but over all its a great game.GRID i really dont have noting to say about this game i really hate racing games.i think u should get soul cailbur 4.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KengoK

DO NOT get SC4 for story purpose! A five year could make better stories!!!! OK maybe that was a bit over exaggerated, but the story mode is short, very short!!!! 5 stages short!!!! I pretty much appreciate the game for it Online play, challenge stages, the create a character feature/ make new models of the in game characters although I thought it was lame you can't anything, but change the weapon on Vader, the Apprentice, and bonus characters too (I really wanted to make a character that dual weilded katanas even though its basically a watered down version of cervantes, but whatevs!!!), and the fact I have friends who love to play me at this game. Other than that there really is nothing good about SC4 other than I think its the best fighter out at the moment.

666_Laventine

well that's what i thought.... but what about the tower mode or how it's called....
thx for the head up though..i know what decision to make now....

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KengoK
soul cailbur is a great game if u have friends to play with and customization is wonderful story mode is a waste of time online lags alot.but over all its a great game.GRID i really dont have noting to say about this game i really hate racing games.i think u should get soul cailbur 4.Dead-Prez

:D that's a good answer 8) i liked it a lot ))))
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i have both and if i had to pick id go for sc4 its brilliant and also the online is great
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
I have GRiD and it has it's good points and bad points to it. More bad for me because I like sim racers more than arcade which is Grid. I'll get SC4 because I like playing the games and even have all 3 SC3 games. PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. If you can just get both games. Why chose just one and only one.
KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KengoK
I have GRiD and it has it's good points and bad points to it. More bad for me because I like sim racers more than arcade which is Grid. I'll get SC4 because I like playing the games and even have all 3 SC3 games. PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. If you can just get both games. Why chose just one and only one.CADMAN_3

the music is reversible but time is NOT!...Turn back..TURN BACK....TURN BACK!!!!
sorry got carried away a little....
anyway i just don't have the time....sadly...
666_Laventine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 666_Laventine
The Tower of Souls is worth playing cause once you get to a certain point in it it does get a bit ridiculously tough and cheap also, but thats where the customization comes in. Although I'm not too fond of what they did with the customization and heres why imo it kinda sux, but its really a small and forgivable reason I suppose: The customization is basically based on what your character is equipped with for example maybe a helmet will give you like 10 points into health, 5 points in defense, then theres special points that it could also add that will pretty much make up your character like boost, impact, special, and power. Thats the annoying factor to the customization cuz if you wanna make a really good character, chances are likely he might end up looking pretty stupid, but like setting it all to same color kinda makes me look the other sometimes. Then theres also skills that you can set up your creation like it has a high chance of impacting while blocking or maybe you've set it up where your creation gets a stat boost during certain conditions and etc.
sdughui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sdughui
Member since 2008 • 156 Posts
SC IV
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
Do you have burnout: Paradise dude? If you dont that theres your answer. The single player is amazingly long and the online experience is just as amazing. Im telling you dude, thats your best bet man. Also they keep patching the game like nuts to add so much stuff in the game, bikes are coming soon, new areas, trophies, and its all free :D AND you can play your own music on it...dude its also 29.99-39.99 for the freaking game. STOP READING THIS AND GO GET IT :P.
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
Well if you ask me, fighting games are just the same thing over and over again, I also played the GRID demo, but the cars would spin out way to easily!
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts
the grid is amazing i love it i just dislike their drift races. they should leave the drifting like the drifting in normal races like the classic muscle gt1 all the normal stuff in their game. skyline rocks for protuned drifting. i can almost lap guys on a 8 lap protuned race on normal by drifting