GOW 3 Demo....my god

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

well after playing the demo today i will say with out a doubt THIS GAME WILL BE AAA and the new graphics king

the demo was simply amazing and was wishing for more....its driving me nuts......

now back to GOW collection

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
*is jealous*
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

was just "meh" for me ... somehow I think the series died after 2 for me, couldn't get into the PSP title either

MrRaziel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrRaziel11
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

well after playing the demo today i will say with out a doubt THIS GAME WILL BE AAA and the new graphics king

the demo was simply amazing and was wishing for more....its driving me nuts......

stereointegrity
1 yes it will be AAA title for sure 2 pushing it with the graphics king part.. uc2 & killzone 2 STILL hold that title although this demo is from may-june, several months old & i must admit im sold and the combat. its fresh and fluid
pederass6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pederass6969
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm not seeing it in the playstation store

do I need to pre-order the game or something?

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Pig_Hostage

pederass6969
It comes with the GoW Collection.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

MrRaziel11
1 yes it will be AAA title for sure 2 pushing it with the graphics king part.. uc2 & killzone 2 STILL hold that title although this demo is from may-june, several months old & i must admit im sold and the combat. its fresh and fluid

the graphics were just as good as U2 for me.....the blood splater that stays on kratos and the level design.....also how the Titan was fully textured in an amazing way while the rest of the level still looked amazing....
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stereointegrity

pederass6969

was just "meh" for me ... somehow I think the series died after 2 for me, couldn't get into the PSP title either

ArchoNils2
eh it happens some times im not gonna knock ur opinion but it was amazing for me....was always my favorite ps2 franchise besides KH....the combat felt more intense there were loads more enemies and the mini boss fights were epic....also ripping helios head off was killer
rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

stereointegrity

the graphics were just as good as U2 for me.....the blood splater that stays on kratos and the level design.....also how the Titan was fully textured in an amazing way while the rest of the level still looked amazing....

No way dude, the graphics in the demo are spectacular, but Uncharted 2 still kicks any game's ass in that department any day of the week. I have played the demo for a little bit, so I'm not just guessing.

MrRaziel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrRaziel11
[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

stereointegrity

yes i did notice that...i loved when you controlled the bigger monster than pulled his eye out. I thought that was the highlight of the demo...looking forward to this one
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="MrRaziel11"] 1 yes it will be AAA title for sure 2 pushing it with the graphics king part.. uc2 & killzone 2 STILL hold that title although this demo is from may-june, several months old & i must admit im sold and the combat. its fresh and fluidrawr_xd

No way dude, the graphics in the demo are spectacular, but Uncharted 2 still kicks any game's ass in that department any day of the week. I have played the demo for a little bit, so I'm not just guessing.

hgaha well i still thought it looked as good......but this demo is from early this year so who knows by the time this game comes out
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="MrRaziel11"] 1 yes it will be AAA title for sure 2 pushing it with the graphics king part.. uc2 & killzone 2 STILL hold that title although this demo is from may-june, several months old & i must admit im sold and the combat. its fresh and fluid

yes i did notice that...i loved when you controlled the bigger monster than pulled his eye out. I thought that was the highlight of the demo...looking forward to this one

for some reason gore has never felt right in most games i play except god of war....ripping his eye out was awesome or slamming the hydras head and impaling him was awesome slicing up Zeus great
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="MrRaziel11"] 1 yes it will be AAA title for sure 2 pushing it with the graphics king part.. uc2 & killzone 2 STILL hold that title although this demo is from may-june, several months old & i must admit im sold and the combat. its fresh and fluid

for some reason gore has never felt right in most games i play except god of war....ripping his eye out was awesome or slamming the hydras head and impaling him was awesome slicing up Zeus great
BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

GOW3 is looking good and its my most anticipated game but if i had to rate the demo i would give it nothing higher than 8.5, graphics are good but need work, art style was ok, textures and other visuals effects were lacking. I have no doubt the final game will be awesome.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I downloaded the demo a few days ago but haven't played it yet. I'm not sure if I will. I love the GOW games and I think I might just wait until I've got the full finished product. I don't want anything to spoil it. Either that or I will play the demo and love it and the wait for GOW3 will be even more painful.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stereointegrity

I downloaded the demo a few days ago but haven't played it yet. I'm not sure if I will. I love the GOW games and I think I might just wait until I've got the full finished product. I don't want anything to spoil it. Either that or I will play the demo and love it and the wait for GOW3 will be even more painful.

x-2tha-z
there is nothing in the demo that is a spoiler......no story line nothing....just flat out action for a good 20 minutes....
MrRaziel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrRaziel11
[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]the graphics were just as good as U2 for me.....the blood splater that stays on kratos and the level design.....also how the Titan was fully textured in an amazing way while the rest of the level still looked amazing....stereointegrity

i also LOVED that part after you acquired the head in went in the pitch black tunnel...it said use the head to light the enemies up but for some reason i LOVED grabbing and snapping enemies & watching the orbs briefly light the dark corridors..lol maybe i am that lame who knows
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stereointegrity

GOW3 is looking good and its my most anticipated game but if i had to rate the demo i would give it nothing higher than 8.5, graphics are good but need work, art style was ok, textures and other visuals effects were lacking. I have no doubt the final game will be awesome.

BigBoss712
the lighting was amazing tho...remember this demo was put together before e3.....this isnt even a fully optimized demo
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="MrRaziel11"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]the graphics were just as good as U2 for me.....the blood splater that stays on kratos and the level design.....also how the Titan was fully textured in an amazing way while the rest of the level still looked amazing....stereointegrity

Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of gratuitous gore. But somehow, God of War just does it right. ;)
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="MrRaziel11"] yes i did notice that...i loved when you controlled the bigger monster than pulled his eye out. I thought that was the highlight of the demo...looking forward to this one

Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of gratuitous gore. But somehow, God of War just does it right. ;)

right its like movies that have excessive gore (saw hostile hills have eyes) just felt to tacked on and was to make u sick not scared or excited....atleast in GOW when u do it it feels great
BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss712"]

stereointegrity

the lighting was amazing tho...remember this demo was put together before e3.....this isnt even a fully optimized demo

yeah i know they have been showing the same demo since feb, for an early build of the game is looks pretty good. :)

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

stereointegrity

there is nothing in the demo that is a spoiler......no story line nothing....just flat out action for a good 20 minutes....

I didn't mean story spoilers. I'm hesitant because it's an early build that might not live up to my expectations, or it might be so awesome that I'll think the full game will be like the second coming and the wait to March will be even harder. I probably will play it. My curiosity will get the better of me eventually.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stereointegrity
march is going to drive me broke......GOW 3 FF13 GT5 BF:BC2
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Pig_Hostage
march is going to drive me broke......GOW 3 FF13 GT5 BF:BC2stereointegrity
Well, at least we won't be seeing GT5 here in the states in March. I'm not going to import it, so I'll definitely wait on that one. But yeah, GoW3 and FF13 in the same month is crazy. No way I'll have time for both. :( Plus, I think the Resident Evil 5 DLC episodes come out around that time too. It's going to be like the holiday rush all over again.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]march is going to drive me broke......GOW 3 FF13 GT5 BF:BC2The_Pig_Hostage
Well, at least we won't be seeing GT5 here in the states in March. I'm not going to import it, so I'll definitely wait on that one. But yeah, GoW3 and FF13 in the same month is crazy. No way I'll have time for both. :( Plus, I think the Resident Evil 5 DLC episodes come out around that time too. It's going to be like the holiday rush all over again.

dont laugh but i never even opend my RE5 case....still in the wrapper along with bioshock and dead space....i bought these 4 months ago and still havent touched them
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]march is going to drive me broke......GOW 3 FF13 GT5 BF:BC2stereointegrity

dont laugh but i never even opend my RE5 case....still in the wrapper along with bioshock and dead space....i bought these 4 months ago and still havent touched them

Maybe you should just sell it and then pick up the Gold Edition in March (which will be at a reduced price). New copies of RE5 still go for $35-$40 on ebay.
thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
Two things. 1- It looks and plays awesome, and the demo makes the wait for the full game hurt just that much more. 2- It made the GoW Collection harder on the eyes. The improvement from GoW2 to this demo is just staggering, especially in the usually terrible looking smaller enemies and NPCs. (who look like something from the N64 in the first two games, at times) Also, the blood splatter staying on Kratos is a big improvement in that it better helps get across the absolute brutality of Kratos, and makes him even more of a badass than he already was.
Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

Maybe you should have put a spoiler warning before that. Not everyone has beat God of War 2. I just started playing God of War 2 yesterday when I got the collection.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

yea the demo is pretty amazing. Graphically it looks awesome and the fists are definitely a welcomed addition (as well as quick weapon switching). I still have more hope for bayonetta as I think the combat will be more fun, but I can already tell that GoW 3 will be worth the 60 bucks (or more if I CE it :D). the triangle attacks look SO awesome now.

GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

Wow, I must've played a different demo. All I got was as slightly more polished PS2 port that featured more of the same repetitive button mashing centered gameplay that really turned me against the series. Sounds like it'll be overrated for sure. The graphics are an improvement but the gameplay felt identical ot the previous entries in the series. I wish I was more excited for this title as it is an exclusive but it's obviously not my cup of tea.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

yea the demo is pretty amazing. Graphically it looks awesome and the fists are definitely a welcomed addition (as well as quick weapon switching). I still have more hope for bayonetta as I think the combat will be more fun, but I can already tell that GoW 3 will be worth the 60 bucks (or more if I CE it :D). the triangle attacks look SO awesome now.

Some-Mist
oh man...that's like the best animation in the game Imo.. press L1+triangle....and keep holding the triangle button... just watching kratos charge the attack and raging up is so awesome lol
IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

The demo blew me away. I mean, I was expecting it to be great but not this great. I'm gonna save up for the ultimate edition, I must get that for certain. I think the most hardcore scene was where you rip Helios's head off, I almost hurled doing it, lol.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

AAA? (or higher) Yes. New graphics king? No.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I have yet to play the demo. I can't wait until it comes out.
anoos_extra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 anoos_extra
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts
i am sooooooooo jealous how did u get it? is on the PSN store?!
P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

stereointegrity

If you weren't gonna play it, you shouldn't have downloaded the demo and given the voucher to someone that wants it, like ME!

honkeytot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 honkeytot
Member since 2009 • 377 Posts

Don't you guys get bored of pushing square over and over an over? I found GoW fun for about 5 mins.

Daniel72296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Daniel72296
Member since 2009 • 1930 Posts

Yes, it is quite freakin' awesome. The graphics are absolutely stunning, its just plain fun, the gore is awesome (just like it always is :lol:), and the ending of the demo is just straight-up epic. Can't wait for this. The second one was great, so was the PSP one. I just hope that GOW3's length isn't like its PSP predecessor :)

Daniel72296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Daniel72296
Member since 2009 • 1930 Posts

I think the most hardcore scene was where you rip Helios's head off, I almost hurled doing it, lol.

IPwnNooBs666
YES!! I was going crazy when I saw that!! I was like "D*MN, THAT IS F*CKIN AWESOME!!" :lol: It was just unimaginably awesome :D
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

i heard it runs in native 1080P, is that true?

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
I was totally blown away by the demo! I think God Of War 3 may be the best in the series.