Good split-screen games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ChimTheGrim21 (3572 posts) -

^^or multiplayer games where you can play with friends at your house.

I heard CoD4 has splitscreen, which means I might get it. I read that SnakeBall was a good game (PSN). Other than that, I'm not sure what is that great to play on the PS3 when I have friends over. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

#2 Posted by woofie13 (841 posts) -
Resistance is my favorite splitscreen game. :)
#3 Posted by the4got10one (781 posts) -
Warhawk
#4 Posted by Yng-ePIc (804 posts) -
Warhawk and Resistance: Fall of Man both have split-screen.
#5 Posted by ianuilliam (4955 posts) -
Definitely get Warhawk. Resistance has a 2p co-op, and up to 4p splitscreen, but you can't play large online games while splitscreen. Same with most other FPS, like COD4. With Warhawk, you and your buds can play splitscreen, up to 4p, while playing in up to 32p online matches. It's great fun, and gives you an opportunity for excellent teamwork, being able to see your allies screens. My wife and I and some of our friends play 8 player games of warhawk constantly, us 4 against 4 online opponents, and always have a blast.
#6 Posted by anti-xbox (772 posts) -
I second warhawk. Its a good pick-up, blast-your-buddies-while-eating-pizza kind of game. In fact, they should introduce a new Genre named just that...I would buy into that. It wouldnt be called party games. cause we don't want girls playing them
#7 Posted by ChimTheGrim21 (3572 posts) -

Thanks guys,

I didn't think of these two games. I'll probably rent Warhawk and Resistance. I haven't spent enough time with Warhawk to know if I'd spend $40 on it (Is that the price?). Also I know Resistance 2 is coming out, so I want to wait for that.

I just wanted to ask you guys to mention other games aswell. I see that Resistance, Warhawk, and CoD4 have splitscreen, but what other games can I play with my friends?

I second warhawk. Its a good pick-up, blast-your-buddies-while-eating-pizza kind of game. In fact, they should introduce a new Genre named just that...I would buy into that. It wouldnt be called party games. cause we don't want girls playing themanti-xbox

Sounds like a great genre. Haha..

#8 Posted by Yng-ePIc (804 posts) -
Rock Band is a good game to play with friends. Its the price tag that's not so friendly, but its worth it.
#9 Posted by Perception1 (1010 posts) -
Army of Two comes out in a few days, the game is based mainly co-op gameplay. Also, online is 2 vs 2.
#10 Posted by gekidami (2446 posts) -

Army of Two comes out in a few days, the game is based mainly co-op gameplay. Also, online is 2 vs 2.Perception1

Indeed Ao2 looks pretty decent for split-screen, unlike alot of games player 2 actualy exists and isnt just some random Joe following the main character around for no reason atall.

#11 Posted by mlcj15 (175 posts) -
Rainbow 6 Vegas also has split screen
#12 Posted by river_rat3117 (3474 posts) -
Rainbow 6 Vegas also has split screenmlcj15
wow, put it on terrorist hunt on realistic mode, man we had so much fun with that just passing the controller around try to come up with different strategies since we alway got killed lol
#13 Posted by RoOodriGowW (3309 posts) -

Withou any doubt Conflict: Denied Ops , best co-op / splitscreen game eva.

Joking , I agree with thos who said warhawk , Resistence and CoD4.

#14 Posted by Malta_1980 (11570 posts) -

Resistance is the best, and COD4 is also fun specially in 4 split screen mode...

Though inferior to the above Co-op mode in Conflict: Denied Ops is not that bad...

#15 Posted by hip-hop-cola2 (2454 posts) -
rainbow 6 vegas is great fun when doing terrorist hunt, takes tactics so you get all involved, and shout at your friends when the dont watch your back :).....had alot of fun split-screen
#16 Posted by donwoogie (3707 posts) -

[QUOTE="mlcj15"]Rainbow 6 Vegas also has split screenriver_rat3117
wow, put it on terrorist hunt on realistic mode, man we had so much fun with that just passing the controller around try to come up with different strategies since we alway got killed lol

Rofl, yeh, it's amazing! The best bit is when your partner is trying to play things tactical and you just pick up a machine gun and go it Rambo style! Don't stop shootting til you're out of ammo! :P

#17 Posted by Devourment423 (2163 posts) -
R6V. The second one coming out soon should be money.