God of War.... The savior of the PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemaKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemaKid
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
I believe that God of War COO could save the PSP.  And hopefully after this game comes out, other companies will be more encouraged to make console to PSP sequels or something of that nature.
badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts

No Doubt about it

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
God of War will be huge on the PSP. But i doubt it can cause it to catch up to the DS
FFObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FFObsessed
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

PSP doesnt need to be "saved".

Lots of great games are still coming out.

God of War: Chains of Olympus
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Silent Hill: Origins
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (For Europe)
Metal Gear Solid: PO Sequel is apparently in development
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Jeanne D'Arc (Level-5 SRPG)
Wipeout Pulse
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (For Europe)
Disgaea Portable
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War
Final Fantasy I +II Remake
Untitled Final Fantasy Spin Off (Says Shane from 1UP.com)
Gran Turismo Mobile (Believe!)
Devil May Cry (Still listed on Capcoms Website)
Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd

The PSP will only need to be "saved" when there isnt anything left coming out. Clearly this is not the case.

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
PSP doesn't need saving.  Just because the PSP isnt number 1 doesn't mean it wasnt sucessful.  Look at what Sony has accomplished with it.  1.Best selling non-nintendo portable system ever.  Took away 35% of the handheld market from Nintendo which has pretty much had a monopoly for the last 20 years.  For their first foray into handhelds Sony has done ok.  Much better then MS did with their first xbox.
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
wow devil may cry ? i din know that.
SystemaKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SystemaKid
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
Well it needs to be saved for me because I dont play that thing at all.  I am about to sell it
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

I believe that God of War COO could save the PSP.  And hopefully after this game comes out, other companies will be more encouraged to make console to PSP sequels or something of that nature.SystemaKid

I keep have hopes for a special game for the PSP and i keep getting disppointed. So i have little hope for God Of War

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

Well it needs to be saved for me because I dont play that thing at all.  I am about to sell itSystemaKid

Either the games you own aren't very good choices or you don't use the media features properly, but I can't see how it would need saving. If you're that bored with the thing go out and buy a new game for it.

tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts

The PSP DOES need saving because while people may be buying the system, they are not BUYING THE GAMES!

Hopefully GoW will change that. But of course, it's coming with a firmware update. It's up to Sony to convince people to either give up the homebrew, or at least buy a second PSP.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts
I wasn't aware that the PSP needed "saving". I mean, hasn't Sony sold millions of these things?
-zonkey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -zonkey-
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
hopefullllllllly
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
PSP never needed a savior, it's been doing excellent over the past 2 years regardless of what the haters have said.
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
my GoW demo should be arriving anytime soon
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts

PSP doesn't need saving. Just because the PSP isnt number 1 doesn't mean it wasnt sucessful. Look at what Sony has accomplished with it. 1.Best selling non-nintendo portable system ever. Took away 35% of the handheld market from Nintendo which has pretty much had a monopoly for the last 20 years. For their first foray into handhelds Sony has done ok. Much better then MS did with their first xbox.crck

I agree. The first "real" breakthrough in the handheld market ever really is extremely impressive. Nintendo is obviously stepping their game up to make the DS better, like the release of the Lite and lots of first party games. I think people are comparing the PSP and DS like they compare the 360 and PS3, which is wrong. 

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

The PSP DOES need saving because while people may be buying the system, they are not BUYING THE GAMES!

Hopefully GoW will change that. But of course, it's coming with a firmware update. It's up to Sony to convince people to either give up the homebrew, or at least buy a second PSP.

tonemd_basic

Seriously the week of that firmware update Dark Alex or whoever will have hacked it easily. The hackers just know the ins and outs of the system at this point. This isn't going to be another GTA: LCS thing where the hackers couldn't hack the 2.0 firmware. Still I expect the game to be of high quality and to sell well despite the homebrew scene. It just won't be a landmark game in terms of sales.

longlong123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 longlong123
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

Well, i agree, PSP does not need a savior. PSP is versatile, and its potential is enormous. A lot of good games are coming to the PSP (yesh... GOW, DMC, FF...).

And also, the huge library of PS1 game is added to the list.

Most of my friends still enjoy the classic such as FF8, FF7 and Chrono Cross on the go...

With me, the PSP is just like the PS2 of the handhelds...

matttrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 matttrd
Member since 2004 • 5076 Posts

There are plenty of good games out for it at the moment with plenty more to come.

Although I like the DS the PSP for me has more of the kind of games I like and an amazing screen.:)

Also its multifunctionality is amazing.

Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts
While yes the PSP does not need to be "saved" the system really isn't the hit that sony intended and has not been pushing software that well. GOW might be a hit but i doubt it will be a system seller, no.
pyro185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 pyro185
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

That would be cool, I know this is bad but I just rediscovered my PSP, I got it on launch day with Untold legends, twisted metal, lumines, and I got coded arms later, I just refound it, could anyone give me some newer games to get for it?