God of War Santa Monica moving

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Sony Santa Monica developer of God of War is now moving out of the Santa Monica offices to another location that is bigger for them. Does this mean God of War on Vita and PS4? thatgamecompany and Giant Sparrow will also join them there.

Link

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Can't wait to see what's next. GoW Ascension looked and plays admittedly like shit, but I still want to see what they got up their sleeves.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'd by lying if I said I didn't want one last God of War on PS4 hardware. New IP first, God of War 4 in 2017/18.

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4 thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I would really like to see a new IP from them because I read an article a couple of months ago saying that more than half their team is working on a new IP and that they have hired new writers. I think GOW is pretty much finished now because they can't make a 4th game as the 3rd was the conclusion of the series. BTW, Ascension was shit.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Please let God of War die.

SSM is an incredibly talented studio that has been weighed down by a boring, drawn out IP.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Hopefully the next game will be awesome from that studio

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@thirdson1812 said:

I would really like to see a new IP from them because I read an article a couple of months ago saying that more than half their team is working on a new IP and that they have hired new writers. I think GOW is pretty much finished now because they can't make a 4th game as the 3rd was the conclusion of the series. BTW, Ascension was shit.

Acsension was utter sh!t.

But aren't they working on The Order 1886?

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thirdson1812

@ristactionjakso: No, Ready at Dawn (the guys who made GOW: chains of olympus and ghost of sparta on PSP) are making the order: 1886. Santa Monica are assisting in developing it, they are not internally developing it.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ristactionjakso

@thirdson1812 said:

@ristactionjakso: No, Ready at Dawn (the guys who made GOW: chains of olympus and ghost of sparta on PSP) are making the order: 1886. Santa Monica are assisting in developing it, they are not internally developing it.

Chains of Olympus was ok, but Ghost of Sparta was amazing. The Order is looking great.

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thirdson1812

@ristactionjakso: They haven't shown any gameplay of the order, but we will see one at e3 this year. I thought chains of olympus was almost as bad as ascension but ghost of sparta is definitely one of the best games in the series.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ristactionjakso

@thirdson1812 said:

@ristactionjakso: They haven't shown any gameplay of the order, but we will see one at e3 this year. I thought chains of olympus was almost as bad as ascension but ghost of sparta is definitely one of the best games in the series.

I mainly liked the ending of Chains of Olympus, But Ghost of Sparta was straight up action the whole time through. It was great.