God of War: Chains of Olympus or Crisis Core? please read my message before post

This topic is locked from further discussion.

georgeverity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 georgeverity
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts

im not really into rpg's, i have never owned a japanese rpg, i did however love oblivion, i love action games, and shooters.

My worries for God of War is that I may get bored of it after I beat it in 7 hours, and my worry for Final Fantasy Crisis core is that i will get bored of the gameplay.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

How about GTA then? Of course if you already have it then i say get Crisis Core.

God Of War is indeed a great title but the lenght of the game is abit on the short side, which does not justify its price. Maybe you could rent it somehow.

Crisis Core on the other hand is an Action RPG and as far as i've known, for gamers that doesn't fancy RPG , at least an ARPG is better than Turn Based RPG , in other words, it won't get boring that easily. Yes teh gameplay might get repeatative on the go but there is a Hard Mode where it'll give you a run for your money in battles, quite challenging i must say.

forsakenx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 forsakenx10
Member since 2008 • 72 Posts
GTA SUCKS! Its a bad game. It's not a good shooter. The missions are bland. The game is not fun until it's almost over. Get Syphon Filter, SOCOM. But overall go for Crisis Core.
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

GTA SUCKS! Its a bad game. It's not a good shooter. The missions are bland. The game is not fun until it's almost over. Get Syphon Filter, SOCOM. But overall go for Crisis Core.forsakenx10

For god sake GTA isn't a shooter.

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts

God of War sure it's a shorter game but loads of fun to replay, plus playing in god mode takes longer and requires more skill.

Crisis Core is a cool action rpg but you may not want to play it more than once.

So God of War is my pick Syphon Filter games on the PSP are great.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Well, FF:CC sure has more than 7 hours of gameplay, you could spend 10 hours on the 300+ missions alone. And CC is an action RPG, but there are a lot of similair characteristics. Maybe get GOW used, because I am in the same boat not wanting to pay $40 for 5-6 hours of gameplay.
bart1987227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bart1987227
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

i would say to get both of them..

what else games on psp better than these two....

get them and save money on others

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

GTA SUCKS! Its a bad game. It's not a good shooter. The missions are bland. The game is not fun until it's almost over. Get Syphon Filter, SOCOM. But overall go for Crisis Core.forsakenx10

1. gta does NOT suck

2. its not a shooter

3. it doesn't get fun till it's almost over, the game if fun from the bigining

anyway id personally go for god of war since iv never played ff before(never played gow either but looks more fun lol) even though i kno its short i heard it has lots of replay value

crisis core is verry long(i heard) dont know if it has replay value but since it has a 9/10 here it must be good

SlorgieNel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SlorgieNel
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
God of War and Crisis Core are arguably the two best games on the PSP (at least, that were recently released), so you should get them both eventually. But I have to say that as someone who has played many traditional jRPGs, this game is definately not like most of them. Don't play it if you're afraid of a long story though :/
aggelos6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 aggelos6
Member since 2008 • 608 Posts
I suggest Crisis Core... It's not a turn-based RPG so you probably won't get bored and the storyline is superior to that of GOW. The length of GoW is about 6-7 hours while CC needs 30 hours to be finished (both story and missions). CC doesn't have many unlockables but still has a replay value (Hard Mode , New Game +). Of course , if you don't like RPgs you should first rent it or try it at a friend of yours and decide...
deku-shrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deku-shrub
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
i got god of war last week along with 6 other games and havnt finished it yet and wwhen you do finish it there lots to unlock
Avatar image for SH4D0W_ASSASSIN
SH4D0W_ASSASSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SH4D0W_ASSASSIN
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts
both how can you miss out on 2 of the greatest games on psp
sjsamuraii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sjsamuraii
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
Crisis Core
Senor_T_Dub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Senor_T_Dub
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
Honestly, these are two of a very small handful of good titles on the PSP, but I think Crisis Core is enjoyed more by those that have played the source material. If you don't have an emotional attachment to the world of Midgar than the title is quite repetitive, seeing as how you can beat it simply by mashing the X button. God of War is a better game, but not nearly as good as its console breathren. In the end I say God of War simply because you don't have any interest in Final Fantasy.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Well you won't get bored of God of War in 7 hours cause the game lasts only 4 1/2 hours. But it's still very very fun.

Crisis Core lasts about 15 hours for the story it's self. It's not a traditional RPG (no turn base). It was actually kinda weird at first but you get use to the combat. It more like Kingdom Hearts. I would recommend Crisis Core, I actually just finished it today.