Go Buy UT3 Now!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

I've already seen that there are a few threads concerning GS's UT3 review... I haven't bothered to read their review myself (haven't read any of their reviews in about a year), but I can tell you that if you own a PS3 and you like playing games online, YOU NEED to own this game.

For those that do not have online, this game is probably not worth more than a rent. The cutscenes are incredible and display some of the most beautiful graphics I've seen on the PS3 (if not THE most beautiful). But the story isn't worth much & the single player campaign is just the multiplayer maps w/ bots instead of real players.

The maps themselves though are freakin brilliant. There's some real variety in there... and we're not talking about just 6-8 maps. I haven't counted yet but I'm sure there's at least 20 or more... I'm still coming across new maps & I've been playing the game for a week! The weapons are fun as hell too. And some of the vehicles are just as brilliant as the maps... there are a few that I don't like as much but for the most part, I think you'll enjoy pretty much any vehicle available.

But the bottom line is that if you enjoy playing games online... you won't find a better one than this on the PS3 right now. And yes, I own COD4 too ;-)

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
awesome, i cant play mine til christmas which sucks big time. but ive got a question, is this ur first time to play a UT game? if so, did u get beat kinda bad when u started playing? ive heard that newcomers get owned pretty good, and ive never played a UT game before, but im pretty good online when it comes to other shooters, so i was just wondering that if im pretty good at other shooters if ill have to worry when it comes to UT3. also, hows warfare mode? i saw the tournament that gamespot had for the pc version and warfare mode looked awesome.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
after the 25th. Many more will be online.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Agreed, quickly too, before more Duke Nukem Forever info is realeased!
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts
UT3 is sick.. great game IMO, i've always loved Unreal and i love this one... i hope it never goes to 360 like HaZE
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
i hear there's atleast 40 maps :T
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

UT3 is sick.. great game IMO, i've always loved Unreal and i love this one... i hope it never goes to 360 like HaZEDuhQbnSiLo

why? is that gonna make the ps3 version worse if it goes to the 360?...

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sgt_Hale

awesome, i cant play mine til christmas which sucks big time. but ive got a question, is this ur first time to play a UT game? if so, did u get beat kinda bad when u started playing? ive heard that newcomers get owned pretty good, and ive never played a UT game before, but im pretty good online when it comes to other shooters, so i was just wondering that if im pretty good at other shooters if ill have to worry when it comes to UT3. also, hows warfare mode? i saw the tournament that gamespot had for the pc version and warfare mode looked awesome._SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Lol, quite a few questions there... I'll try to get all of them. First of all, Warfare mode is AWESOME. Probably my single favorite mode... although really, I do enjoy all of them.

And yes, this was my first time playing a UT game. I do play online shooters (Resistance, COD4, & Warhawk)... this has been the easiest of all of them for me to jump in and get the hang of. The gameplay is simple and fun.... run & gun. Kind of has that addictive arcade feel to it.

To me, it's a game that welcomes newcomers & vets alike.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sgt_Hale

i hear there's atleast 40 maps :Texpanded

Yea, that sounds about right! Unlike COD4 where you vote to skip maps, UT3 allows you to vote on which map to play on... and the list is freakin HUGE. That's actually one of the most exciting parts of the game. Since the weapons are pretty much the same each map (not counting vehicles), it's actually the maps that add so much variety to the game... like the maps where you play in low gravity! Freakin awesome!

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

UT3 is sick.. great game IMO, i've always loved Unreal and i love this one... i hope it never goes to 360 like HaZEDuhQbnSiLo

It will be on the 360 in a few months. But the Haze hope will take a few years.

Oh and FF is now officially out of the 360 lineup forever as far as 13 goes. I know they were kinda secretly hoping for that one.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
already own UT3, although i haven't played it much, been way too into COD4 still. that game is like cancer, once you get it, its pretty dang tough to get out :P
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
I already did buy it, on day one in fact, and I love it!:D
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]awesome, i cant play mine til christmas which sucks big time. but ive got a question, is this ur first time to play a UT game? if so, did u get beat kinda bad when u started playing? ive heard that newcomers get owned pretty good, and ive never played a UT game before, but im pretty good online when it comes to other shooters, so i was just wondering that if im pretty good at other shooters if ill have to worry when it comes to UT3. also, hows warfare mode? i saw the tournament that gamespot had for the pc version and warfare mode looked awesome.Sgt_Hale

Lol, quite a few questions there... I'll try to get all of them. First of all, Warfare mode is AWESOME. Probably my single favorite mode... although really, I do enjoy all of them.

And yes, this was my first time playing a UT game. I do play online shooters (Resistance, COD4, & Warhawk)... this has been the easiest of all of them for me to jump in and get the hang of. The gameplay is simple and fun.... run & gun. Kind of has that addictive arcade feel to it.

To me, it's a game that welcomes newcomers & vets alike.

alright sounds good, thanks alot man

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sgt_Hale

already own UT3, although i haven't played it much, been way too into COD4 still. that game is like cancer, once you get it, its pretty dang tough to get out :Pamericahellyeah

Yea, I have COD4 & still play it... but not nearly as much now that I've been on UT3 for the last week. They're totally different types of fps titles. UT3's style of gameplay & design is just more addictive to me.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sgt_Hale

I already did buy it, on day one in fact, and I love it!:Dnyc05

You have a pretty awesome game collection on both systems actually!!!

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sgt_Hale
Anyone have any favorite maps so far? Mine are Diemos and Gateway!
Avatar image for MasterChief1013
MasterChief1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 MasterChief1013
Member since 2004 • 7019 Posts
awesome, i cant play mine til christmas which sucks big time. but ive got a question, is this ur first time to play a UT game? if so, did u get beat kinda bad when u started playing? ive heard that newcomers get owned pretty good, and ive never played a UT game before, but im pretty good online when it comes to other shooters, so i was just wondering that if im pretty good at other shooters if ill have to worry when it comes to UT3. also, hows warfare mode? i saw the tournament that gamespot had for the pc version and warfare mode looked awesome._SOULtoSQUEEZE_

i was in the same boat as you, and let me relieve you of those troubling thoughts. you WILL be a good at this game. simple as that. this was my first time playing a UT game, and i'm above average. first time i played i got first place, it was a blast. the prerequisites to being good in UT3 are the following.

1.) Decent aim
2.) Fast reflexes
3.) Knowing the maps and weapons
cjbieva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cjbieva
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts
True get this game it's awesome.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sgt_Hale

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]awesome, i cant play mine til christmas which sucks big time. but ive got a question, is this ur first time to play a UT game? if so, did u get beat kinda bad when u started playing? ive heard that newcomers get owned pretty good, and ive never played a UT game before, but im pretty good online when it comes to other shooters, so i was just wondering that if im pretty good at other shooters if ill have to worry when it comes to UT3. also, hows warfare mode? i saw the tournament that gamespot had for the pc version and warfare mode looked awesome.MasterChief1013

i was in the same boat as you, and let me relieve you of those troubling thoughts. you WILL be a good at this game. simple as that. this was my first time playing a UT game, and i'm above average. first time i played i got first place, it was a blast. the prerequisites to being good in UT3 are the following.

1.) Decent aim
2.) Fast reflexes
3.) Knowing the maps and weapons

Agreed.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
its a good game but its got its fair amount of flaws there are 43 maps and 47 i believe if you count the variant maps. also maps are specific to the gametype so there are only like 6 vehicle ctf maps and so on.
hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 hishkarnib
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts

after the 25th. Many more will be online. truenextgen

it comes out in march in australia

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sgt_Hale

its a good game but its got its fair amount of flaws there are 43 maps and 47 i believe if you count the variant maps. also maps are specific to the gametype so there are only like 6 vehicle ctf maps and so on.clarkportmanken

Yea, just figured that out recently... most of the maps seem to be available for deathmatch & tdm... ctf, vehicle ctf, & warefare all seem to have their own individual maps of 6 or 7 or so each. Still ends up being a very awesome variety. I haven't noticed many flaws with the game myself... besides the single player mode which is not worth playing if you have access to broadband. Haven't tried playing with bots either so I'm not sure how good that is or isn't. But the online gameplay is superb.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
yeah...its a great game, although i hope they add in splitscreen soon
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
Anyone have any favorite maps so far? Mine are Diemos and Gateway!Sgt_Hale
Ivebeen a veteran to the series since the first(pc not ps2) and diemos is still my favorite map.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
UT3 is the best FPS mulitiplayer game I've ever played. It took awhile to adjust to the speed of the game and learn the maps and weapons hierarchy, but after a few goes, I am totally hooked on this game. Graphics, map sizes and designs are all top notch, also lots of options for adjusting your players turn speed, etc... Very addictive game and sooo many maps.
dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts
does this game have splitscreen multiplayer
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gamerboi27

does this game have splitscreen multiplayerdstv

none at all...

but they said they'll consider putting it in, chances are not high tho

a13chaffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 a13chaffin
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

so is UT3 worth getting if you dont have internet? What are the graphics and Gameplay like?

coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
Ill be on playing on Christmas day.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamerboi27

so is UT3 worth getting if you dont have internet? What are the graphics and Gameplay like?

a13chaffin

gameplay and graphics are both great....its got a learning curve, ull find it impossible to kill someone online the first few times...graphics are just awesome, really good and sharp textures the frames are steady

BUT its not worth getting if u dont hav internet...cause the single player isnt great..and cause theres no splitscreen or coop

fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

already own UT3, although i haven't played it much, been way too into COD4 still. that game is like cancer, once you get it, its pretty dang tough to get out :Pamericahellyeah

well preordered mine from video game plus (canada gamestore)on the 10th and it arrived on the 18th i live in england its a fantastic game with all the old magic of the older ones and only missing a few things some maps we all loved from ut like for me face was my fav ctf map of all time so simple but mods wil put it in at a later date. the graphics are great only a tiny bit of lag on the high ping servers but its the same for every game online. you will like the new link gun and minigun hybrid

add me if you want to play

behemothking