getting a PSP on wednesday, need help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wielgoz
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
So like it sasy im getting a psp on wednesday i traded in my ds and some games and soem xbox games and they told me to come back in around 3 days to get my store credit (and get a PSP) what i want to know is 1. what games should i get i know im getting GTA and loco roco but what are some other must have games. 2. do you need a memory card to play any games on your PSP such as GTA i know im buying one shortly after i get my PSP so what size memory card do you reccomend 3. any thing else important that i need to know
mkreaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mkreaper
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

well, 1. that depends on what you like, i personally like monster hunter and sims 2. 2.you don't need a memory card to play games just to save them and it depends on what you are going to use them for (eg. videos, music, pictures, game files). 3. not that i can think off(except the internet, buti think you need a memory card for that and wireless internet)

jatt_soljha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jatt_soljha
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

1. I would reccomend Socom FTB 1 or 2, MGS: PO, Syphon Filter or Killzone

2. you need a memory card to save your games, a 32mb card would do. But if you want to store music, photos or videos i would reccomend a 1GB (minimum)

3. just enjoy your new PSP :D

damageisking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 damageisking
Member since 2004 • 858 Posts
You probably want to buy a case to protect your investment.
AstraNoString

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AstraNoString
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

So like it sasy im getting a psp on wednesday i traded in my ds and some games and soem xbox games and they told me to come back in around 3 days to get my store credit (and get a PSP) what i want to know is 1. what games should i get i know im getting GTA and loco roco but what are some other must have games. 2. do you need a memory card to play any games on your PSP such as GTA i know im buying one shortly after i get my PSP so what size memory card do you reccomend 3. any thing else important that i need to knowWielgoz

1) GTA:LCS is a great game to get, I am also a fan of Twisted Metal: Head On, which I would recommend checking out. 2) You will need a memory card if you plan to save any of your PSP games.  A small 32mb card would work for just for saved games.  You can get a larger 1gb or even a 4gb for under $100 which will hold a ton of movies, mp3s and pictures.  3) You should deffinetly look into getting a case to carry around your PSP and a few games.  If you don't already have a USB cable to connect your PSP to your computer you should also look into getting one.

Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wielgoz

1) GTA:LCS is a great game to get, I am also a fan of Twisted Metal: Head On, which I would recommend checking out. 2) You will need a memory card if you plan to save any of your PSP games.  A small 32mb card would work for just for saved games.  You can get a larger 1gb or even a 4gb for under $100 which will hold a ton of movies, mp3s and pictures.  3) You should deffinetly look into getting a case to carry around your PSP and a few games.  If you don't already have a USB cable to connect your PSP to your computer you should also look into getting one.

AstraNoString

ya im pretty sure i have the usb to connect to my rig. is it just a normal one or is it something special? and how much saved files could fit on a 32mb and how much would that cost?

izzybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 izzybaz
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts

ya im pretty sure i have the usb to connect to my rig. is it just a normal one or is it something special? and how much saved files could fit on a 32mb and how much would that cost?

Wielgoz

The USB cable is the same as the one I use for my digital camera.  You can see it here. Amazon, as you'll see, sells it for less than $10.  I also have used a card reader like this one by Dane-Elec which I find is faster than the USB cable.  

I would also highly recommend at some point getting at least a 1 gig memory stick.  Remember, it has to be an equivalent of a Sony Memory Stick (not necessarily made by Sony, but equivalent) or it won't work.  Any old SD card won't work, sadly.  You might already know this, but it is a good thing to know if you don't.  

I also agree with the idea of getting a case for it, I have a hard case for mine.  I also have a soft cloth that I clean the screen with (it's meant for a camera lens I think) but I'm kind of nutty about that stuff - can't stand fingerprints.   

Wielgoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wielgoz
[QUOTE="Wielgoz"]

izzybaz

The USB cable is the same as the one I use for my digital camera.  You can see it here. Amazon, as you'll see, sells it for less than $10.  I also have used a card reader like this one by Dane-Elec which I find is faster than the USB cable.  

I would also highly recommend at some point getting at least a 1 gig memory stick.  Remember, it has to be an equivalent of a Sony Memory Stick (not necessarily made by Sony, but equivalent) or it won't work.  Any old SD card won't work, sadly.  You might already know this, but it is a good thing to know if you don't.  

I also agree with the idea of getting a case for it, I have a hard case for mine.  I also have a soft cloth that I clean the screen with (it's meant for a camera lens I think) but I'm kind of nutty about that stuff - can't stand fingerprints.   

k good i have the right usb cable but do you think that the 32mb would be good to start off with until i get payed

DarthLukeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DarthLukeboy
Member since 2005 • 1922 Posts
[QUOTE="izzybaz"][QUOTE="Wielgoz"]

Wielgoz

k good i have the right usb cable but do you think that the 32mb would be good to start off with until i get payed

Well sure, but get at least a 1gig soon like these guys are saying. It's really worth it... although I got mine when they were like over $100 bucks haha.

izzybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 izzybaz
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts

Wielgoz

You can definitely wait a bit for higher memory sticks.  You don't need much to just save a game.  Internet stuff might get dodgy, but if you're not picky about that, you can wait.Â