Getting a PS3, any ifo would be appreciated.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SythonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SythonX
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

First of all I dont want any stupid fanboys, I want a balanced opinion based on the information I provide please.

Ok so heres the deal after the recent Sony press conference I realised wow the PS3 looks really cool, I like the interface, the games that are exclusives to PS3 (Killzone 2 especially) look really fun. At the moment I have a 60GB xbox 360 which is nearly brand-new, which is rarely played as for that reason I don't have XBL gold (not much point in paying £5 a month if i dont play it enough). If I was getting a PS3 I would be selling my Xbox 360 obv and was wondering how much I'd get for it with around 5 games. I would also like to know a bit more about the PS3 and how different it is from the xbox as I'm fairly accustomed to the xbox. also does the PS3 have party chat and ingame chat? What games should I get? Is Killzone really good? What sort of things can you do with your PSP and PS3 and what other features does PS3 have?

Sorry if this is a big ask but would appreciate any feedback and would like to be welcomed into the PS community not shunned just because I have an Xbox. Thanks in advance and hope to see you all on PSN when I finally get my PS3 (may take a while, coz I'm only getting £30 a week EMA :D)

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Umm for your XBOX and 5 games(depending on the games) you'll get about $300-400 that is if you sell them yourself. I wouldn't sell your 360 for a PS3. Just save your money dude because eventually there will be a game that you will regret not having a 360 for. As for game recomendations thats for you to decide, do some research...your on a GAMING website afterall.
Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

The only fanboys you'll need to worry about are the ones at Gamestop when you go to trade-in your 360 for a PS3...

You might fetch $140 for your 360, on how much for the games you have, it depends on how new and popular they are...

Games I recommend: Killzone 2, MGS4, inFAMOUS, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, LBP, MLB: The Show, Warhawk, Resistence 1 and 2, ETC...

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

As far as 360 trade in value is concerned, a friend of mine recently traded in a 360 Pro with wireless controller and all necessary cables for $120. Games, all depends on which games they are.

Oh, and yes. Killzone is really good. :P It's got a very unique feel for an FPS. Much slower and more tactical then the typical. It's also got a very immersive and oppressive war atmosphere. Controls take some getting used to, but once you do its a blast. Plus, the visuals will blister your eyes with awesome.

Other games: Metal Gear Solid 4, inFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

Umm for your XBOX and 5 games(depending on the games) you'll get about $300-400 that is if you sell them yourself. I wouldn't sell your 360 for a PS3. Just save your money dude because eventually there will be a game that you will regret not having a 360 for. As for game recomendations thats for you to decide, do some research...your on a GAMING website afterall. FF6fan

Sell your 360 on ebay with 2 games for £150 - £190 and sell the other 3 games for £20 - £25 a pop.

Dont trade it in at gamestop because they will rip you off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts
You should definitely sell your stuff on eBay. You'll make twice as much money. I DO recommend trading in 360 to get the PS3, unless you just have tons of money, which isn't the case with most of us... One of the nicest differences between XBL and PSN is that the PSN is free and has all the same features, and then some. All the best games on 360, excluding Gears of War, are also on the PS3, so yeah... Another bit of very important advice... make sure you buy the right AV cables! :p
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
[QUOTE="sublimeandetc"]You should definitely sell your stuff on eBay. You'll make twice as much money. I DO recommend trading in 360 to get the PS3, unless you just have tons of money, which isn't the case with most of us... One of the nicest differences between XBL and PSN is that the PSN is free and has all the same features, and then some. All the best games on 360, excluding Gears of War, are also on the PS3, so yeah... Another bit of very important advice... make sure you buy the right AV cables! :p

:lol:.. a poke at yesterdays little AV cable thread? But seriously, he shouldn't need to ever buy AV cables. Don't scare him off. :P
SythonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SythonX
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

Meh Gears 2 is one of the games I own for 360 and tbh I just cant get into it, it feels to "different" idk but thanks for the advice anyways, pretty sure I'm gonna get a PS3 now, also thanks to evry1 els for contributing :D