Gaminforme Gives GOW 3 10/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KINGCIZZLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KINGCIZZLE
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I got my gameinformer in today and flipped to the reviews only to see God of War 3 got a 10/10 and second opinion a 10. One more reason I got the ultimate edition game and guide. What do you guys think? Heres the link http://gameinformer.com/games/god_of_war_iii/b/ps3/archive/2010/03/08/kratos-brings-down-the-mountain.aspx

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

thats pretty awesome. it looks like a great game.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

that's awesome, i just wish gamespot gave it a 10 out of 10

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

I got my gameinformer in today and flipped to the reviews only to see God of War 3 got a 10/10 and second opinion a 10. One more reason I got the ultimate edition game and guide. What do you guys think? Heres the link http://gameinformer.com/games/god_of_war_iii/b/ps3/archive/2010/03/08/kratos-brings-down-the-mountain.aspx

KINGCIZZLE
I think GameSpot has given it the lowest score I've seen so far. And they didn't make it look bad in any way. I was gonna buy it anyways, but it's nice to see it getting some love from the critics.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

srdjan311

Unfortunately, GameSpot's reviewers are too strict to give a 10...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

A magazine owned by a major video game store gave a major video game a high score? *gasp*

but yeah GOWIII looks like the pinnacle of the button mashing genre.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

A magazine owned by a major video game store gave a major video game a high score? *gasp*

Game Informer actually gives some of the most fair and honest reviews I find anywhere, and I almost always agree with them. They're really the only reviewer I wholly trust. The fact that they gave GOWIII a 10 confirms that they know what they're doing! Everyone else with their nines praised the game to no end but couldn't be honest enough to give it the score it deserves!
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
totally disagree with you there... I've had a game informer subscription for the past year and the lowest ive ever seen a game rated was 7.5 i think..
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

[QUOTE="srdjan311"]

ks1990steelman

they have been slightly off this year. such strict review for bayonetta, 1 whole point very unfair, 0.5 would be fine....then ff13 gets same score as 360, then heavy rain gets 8.5. although ign and many other credible websites gave it 9...and gow3 here should have got a 9.5....something tells me that they will be strict with ps3 games this year...
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheEldestGod
totally disagree with you there... I've had a game informer subscription for the past year and the lowest ive ever seen a game rated was 7.5 i think..MethodManFTW
Oh, man, you don't actually read it then! They gave Damnation a 3, so they aren't just in it to make all the games sell for their store. They usually have a whole section of 6s and lower. People have actually blamed them for putting Grinn out of business for brutally bashing their games. They aren't going to lie, man, that would ruin their credibility. Then they wouldn't only stop selling games they'd stop selling magazine subscriptions, too!
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Old news, but yeah pretty awesome. I have a feeling I'll enjoy GOW III as much as those guys did.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW

i cant believe people think that what console the game is released on has anything to do with gamespots reviewing process... :roll:

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frostybanana

i cant believe people think that what console the game is released on has anything to do with gamespots reviewing process... :roll:

MethodManFTW
If it didn't then Bayonetta wouldn't have two different scores for PS3 and Xbox 360.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEldestGod

MethodManFTW
Same here. They're just bad reviewers in general. :P Kevin is the only one I can even stand to listen to anymore, and even he's full of BS half the time.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

If it didn't then Bayonetta wouldn't have two different scores for PS3 and Xbox 360.

That had nothing to do with the console. That was directly related to the quality of the game. You can't fault them for that.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

frostybanana

uhh... no... that was because they played the game on both consoles and the performance on the ps3 was inferior to other consoles version... if just what console it was released on effected the reviewing process, then the reviewer would just sit down with his copy of bayonetta, and before even playing it he would say... 'oh this game is on ps3, ill subtract one point before I ever play it'
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frostybanana
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

That had nothing to do with the console. That was directly related to the quality of the game. You can't fault them for that.

They're not at fault for that, but in that context the system it's released on is a factor.
MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

I loved the demo. i hope i can afford to buy it this month

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] If it didn't then Bayonetta wouldn't have two different scores for PS3 and Xbox 360.frostybanana

They're not at fault for that, but in that context the system it's released on is a factor.

uhm no... its the performance of the game... if it performs worse on one console of course its going to score worse.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 frostybanana
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] That had nothing to do with the console. That was directly related to the quality of the game. You can't fault them for that.

uhm no... its the performance of the game... if it performs worse on one console of course its going to score worse.

I'm not saying that because they see the games on a specific system they automatically subtract points. But I don't think anyone really thinks like that. When they're talking about that, they're speaking about it in the context of quality not the actual system.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW
yeah you totally lost me with that.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 planbfreak4eva

MethodManFTW
why did heavy rain score less? other credible websites it got 9 and even above....and only gamespot gave 8.5, because they dont want the 2 aaae games in the start while 360 aint got none...thats why gow3 got less, even though it deserved a 9.5....sony always get less favour for the review scores....fact..look around the games
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

planbfreak4eva
why did heavy rain score less? other credible websites it got 9 and even above....and only gamespot gave 8.5, because they dont want the 2 aaae games in the start while 360 aint got none...thats why gow3 got less, even though it deserved a 9.5....sony always get less favour for the review scores....fact..look around the games

see this is the kind of person my statement was meant for... gamespot doesnt care at all about what system have what quality games... they have no reason to balance the quality of the games... other credible websites also game heavy rain reviews of 7 and below.. I played it and thought it was wonderful... the gamespot review was one person's opinion... his one opinion pleasing every game out their is impossible.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 planbfreak4eva
[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

MethodManFTW

see this is the kind of person my statement was meant for... gamespot doesnt care at all about what system have what quality games... they have no reason to balance the quality of the games... other credible websites also game heavy rain reviews of 7 and below.. I played it and thought it was wonderful... the gamespot review was one person's opinion... his one opinion pleasing every game out their is impossible.

when majority of websites give 9/9.5 and 5 websites give below 7, doesnt sound so credible and they do the same for other games. infamous got like 9 rating from many websites and above and some gave it score of B or 7. the ones that give very low scores are not credible and also from the high scores also a number of websites are not credible.....so it is all staged...i play a game, and i see if it 8 or 9..i see it. and for some reason they beleive its was 8.5 for heavy rain, doesnt sound like right to me
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MethodManFTW
...people have different opinions man. if every website was required to have the same review to be 'right' then why have multiple gaming websites at all?
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 planbfreak4eva
...people have different opinions man. if every website was required to have the same review to be 'right' then why have multiple gaming websites at all?MethodManFTW
well people should review the game depending on genre, if u like fps, u should review fps. or multiple genres u like. or if the website got 5 reviewers, all should play and come up with a conclusion and give the score. then heavy rain would have scored a 9...
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

[QUOTE="srdjan311"]

ks1990steelman

This coming from the website that gave GTA4 a 10. I lost hope in them since then, so no shock they give an actual good game a score less then what it deserves.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

planbfreak4eva

If they're so biased and hate the PS3, why has a PS3 exclusive won GOTY here 2 years in a row? Why did they give MGS4 a 10? Why did KZ2 win best shooter last year over MW2? Why did Demon's Souls win best RPG over Dragon Age?

If they are so biased, why did all this stuff I listed above happen? :o

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 frostybanana

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

Doolz2024

If they're so biased and hate the PS3, why has a PS3 exclusive won GOTY here 2 years in a row? Why did they give MGS4 a 10? Why did KZ2 win best shooter last year over MW2? Why did Demon's Souls win best RPG over Dragon Age?

If they are so biased, why did all this stuff I listed above happen? :o

Different reviewers have different bias'. Although I'm not saying that's the case. Not like GameSpot is the ONLY source of information on the internet so... MGS4 deserved a 10 though :D
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

MethodManFTW

and really no backbone to a story. it's just kick ass and take names.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

1bigsmoke55

and really no backbone to a story. it's just kick ass and take names.

The story was build up over the first two games, to where this would be the one where he killed the gods. So this is no suprise that all he does is murder in this game.

aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts
And it deserved it too.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KittyKat
Member since 2002 • 26381 Posts
totally disagree with you there... I've had a game informer subscription for the past year and the lowest ive ever seen a game rated was 7.5 i think..MethodManFTW
Well, guess you don't read the magazine then. I see lots of scores under 7.5... hell off the top of my head from the last issue was Aliens vs. Predators which got a 5.75. Every issue has a bunch of games that don't make it. That being said, they don't review a lot of the crappier games out there. They try and hit the bigger titles. Rogue Warrior got a nice 1.5 though... such a bad title.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MethodManFTW
Yeah I picked up the latest gameinformer after the other dude said they give bad reviews... and yeah i definately dont read gameinformer for reviews because its owned by gamestop, i read it for the features... and yeah i see they gave AvP a bad score, but they gave that crappy RTS for 360 a 8.75 =.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KittyKat

Yeah I picked up the latest gameinformer after the other dude said they give bad reviews... and yeah i definately dont read gameinformer for reviews because its owned by gamestop, i read it for the features... and yeah i see they gave AvP a bad score, but they gave that crappy RTS for 360 a 8.75 =.MethodManFTW
Tropico 3? I don't have my copy in front of me, but that's a great game on the PC, so as long as they ported it well I think it deserves a good score. Might not be a great game for everyone mind you, but that doesn't mean it deserves a bad score. Much like how some don't like RPG's or Shooters. /shrug I'm a Tropico Fan though... what can I say, being a dictator of an island floats my boat.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MethodManFTW
yeah i was thinking el tropico, but tropico 3 sounds right. sure the game is good on the pc, but i see no possible way a RTS will ever be good on a console... you just have to do to much at once... the quicklook on giantbomb def made it look bad.
KittyKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KittyKat
yeah i was thinking el tropico, but tropico 3 sounds right. sure the game is good on the pc, but i see no possible way a RTS will ever be good on a console... you just have to do to much at once... the quicklook on giantbomb def made it look bad.MethodManFTW
Oh yeah, i'm sure it's not as good as the PC version. From what I recall they did a good job of streamlining things for the 360 version. I guess you can't fault the company for having to work with a console though. People wanted it on the 360, and so they delivered. It's essentially the same game I suppose... just harder to work. I think the review is based around the fact that... well, doing an RTS on a console is pretty sucky. At least it's not all action oriented like say... the C&C series. Hell, some people can't figure how one would play a shooter on a console over a PC. I figure, if you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice. /shrug I think the score is based around the fact that if someone is looking to buy Tropico 3 on a 360, they don't have a choice. Thus, for an RTS on a console, it's done well.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Gamespots score is the lowest that GoW3 recieves.

Blue-N-Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blue-N-Yellow
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

TheEldestGod

Game Informer actually gives some of the most fair and honest reviews I find anywhere, and I almost always agree with them. They're really the only reviewer I wholly trust. The fact that they gave GOWIII a 10 confirms that they know what they're doing! Everyone else with their nines praised the game to no end but couldn't be honest enough to give it the score it deserves!

Wait...do you currently own the game and have you played it? Otherwise I don't understand how you can claim that the staff knows what they're doing by giving the game a 10, and that it actually deserves that score. I was under the impression that the game hasn't been released yet?

10/10 hardly means anything from anyone anymore (Gamespot, Famitsu etc); rather, it's much more impressive to see the game consistently scoring in the 9.0+ range. Too bad GoW never interested me. :/

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

As a major god of war fan i really didnt expect this to get a 10/10, 9.5 at the most. but i truthfully dont know til i play.

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 unworthyBOZO
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts

Very awesome.

Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

This game looks like a beauty

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#43 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I expected a high score, but a 10 is probably a bit too generous. So we are about to see the perfect game huh? From a button masher no less? ...O...K... well whatever. Reguardless if it was a 9.0 or 10 the fact is that its a good game, so I'm going to get it whatever rating it would have gotten as long as it was still a good game in the end. I would have liked to know about some important stuff like replay value or game lenght but I guess thats just me.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEldestGod
yeah i was thinking el tropico, but tropico 3 sounds right. sure the game is good on the pc, but i see no possible way a RTS will ever be good on a console... you just have to do to much at once... the quicklook on giantbomb def made it look bad.MethodManFTW
Oh, man, stop making such uninformed comments! Tropico 3 is a great game, and there've already been a few great RTSs that have translated VERY well to consoles. Being on a console shouldn't hinder the score it gets unless it absolutely doesn't work due to some negligence from the devs who make the port. A V P deserved the crap score it got cause it was a crap game. Tropico 3 deserved the great score it got cause it was a great game. Success! :P
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Not shocked, if the demo was any indication of what to expect in the full game, then I think 10/10 is just about right!
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#46 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Good to hear