Games with lots of dungeons and stuff. (PS4)

tomorrow_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tomorrow_gamer
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

I am very new to these types of games, years ago I played legacy of kain games of which Soul Reaver had quite the aspect which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lately I am enjoying darksiders 2 and its dungeon exploring aspect a lot. Would you suggest any game of that sort? Would a person of my gaming choice enjoy Bloodborne? Or any others?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

You might love Bloodborne, DSII and DSIII - but they lack some of the "mobility" of Soul Reaver, the story is more ephemeral, and they can be very hard. So just know that they are different. I think they fit the bill. You might also enjoy Diablo 3 based on those preferences. It's a very different experience as well, and more pick-up-and-play, but it's got loot and "dungeons" (stages, really). If you find yourself enjoying the look of that type of game, you might also look into Divinity: Original Sin, which is more RPG than Diablo 3

tomorrow_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tomorrow_gamer
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

@xantufrog: Thanks, I'll give it a shot. (divinity)

mwaters82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mwaters82
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

I recently played through the PS2 RPG classics Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2).

Both of these games have a big amount of time spent in randomly generated dungeons. They aren't exactly thrilling, but they do have a pretty fun upgrade system on the weapons and quite an endearing story. I'd frequently put on a podcast and grind through dungeons for an hour or so. Was quite a relaxing gaming experience.

Both are available for download on the PS4.

GenosectKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GenosectKing
Member since 2016 • 126 Posts

There's Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. It has tons randomly generated dungeons, enemy types, bosses, loot and more.

smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

@tomorrow_gamer: Disgaea Has some serious dungeon crawling action. It doesn't have the dark art style that bloodborne has. It's a Japanese tactical RPG, so colorful Anime sprites on a grid. Basically you can go inside your weapon and it becomes a dungeon crawl where the deeper you go, the harder the monsters become and the stronger your weapon becomes. Very cool concept, and it pokes fun at the genre in general with outlandish heroes and villans. Fun play, and basically infinite dungeons.

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

The games others have mentioned already should fit the bill. Also Skyrim is coming to PS4 in October