Games scratch less easily than DVD's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

Do PSP games scratch less easily than DVDs or CDs? They have a protective plastic covering right? I'm thinking about whether buying used PSP games would be better quality than regular games.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Well really you shouldn't have an issue with scratching them at all. The actual disc part of the UMD always remains in the case part of the UMD. Only a small section of the disc is exposed at a time, and since the disc is slightly below the opening of the case it is rather well protected. The actual protective plastic part of the UMD does get scratched relatively easily, but this does not effect the readability of the disc.
Meleeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Meleeboy
Member since 2005 • 1503 Posts
It was poor design if you ask me, but no. Although they get fingerprints easily. This is because when you pull the UMD out of the case, the part where your finger goes lands RIGHT on the disk itself, never on the protective plastic. I hate that so much. -_- But so far no, DVDs and CDs scratch way easier due to constant vulnerability to everything.
cudzooking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 cudzooking
Member since 2007 • 556 Posts
You really just have to worry about cracking open the case, it happened to me a few times.