Game system hookup

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RabbitGameGirl (57 posts) -

Hello,

I'm going to be purchasing a Playstation 3 in the near future. I will also be purchasing an HDTV Sony Bravia television however; these two purchases won't be for many months to come. I currently own a Playstation 2, and my question is can you have two game systems hooked up to one television? I'm not sure if the two systems will conflict with the television or if it could work. If it could work then I would buy the PS3 40gb version. The television I'm looking at has two connection sites (bare with me I'm no television expert please forgive me) one in the back and one on the side. Basically what I'm asking is it possible to have a PS2 and PS3 hooked up to one television. Does anyone here have two game systems hooked up to one television, and if so how does it work out? All information will be most appreciated.

Thank you

#2 Posted by almahdi08 (91 posts) -
Look at best buy, they have this thing that has many ports, you connect that to the t.v. I'm not good at explaining.
#3 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
Of course you can, I currently have my PS2, Xbox, Wii and PS3 all hooked up to my Samsung at the same time. When I get a Xbox 360 in the next few months I will hook that to it as well. They even sell system switchers that can make multiple consoles utilize the same input jack.
#4 Posted by contracts420 (1956 posts) -
lol i aint no expert either so i dont know the names for this stuff...but i have a little box i connect all my stuff 2 then i connect it to the tv...then at the switch of a button i can change it 2 my ps2 or ps3 my dvd player or so i can watch tv. So yes you can have multiple systems hooked up at once. Hope that helps.
#5 Posted by RabbitGameGirl (57 posts) -

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I think it will work hopefully.

#6 Posted by SBDTANGO (360 posts) -
ofcourse its possible. the ps2 uses standard audio video cables (which a bravia comes standard with atleast 2 av cables). You can also connect your ps3 on it via hdmi cable (which a bravia comes standard with atleast 2 hdmi cables)
#7 Posted by RabbitGameGirl (57 posts) -

ofcourse its possible. the ps2 uses standard audio video cables (which a bravia comes standard with atleast 2 av cables). You can also connect your ps3 on it via hdmi cable (which a bravia comes standard with atleast 2 hdmi cables) SBDTANGO

Yes I believe you are correct. After looking at pictures on Walmart's website I saw that the Sony Bravia HDTV gives two areas to hook things up for ex. game systems. So after looking at this I don't think if will be a problem, I just don't know much about the technology spec and wanted advice from fellow gamers. Thanks for everyone's help in this matter.