Game save data recovery

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tracid1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tracid1987
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

Hi

my old fat PS3 has died forever, no repair is left anymore. i need the game save data from that HDD. i know that earlier ago it was not possible because of the encryption of data and protection of HDD but since then hackers may found some way to get that data out of a HDD. i have found this software http://www.mediafire.com/?ztm02veq2hi but its too complicated me and maybe it wont work.

Anybody have a very recent info about this or could help me?

thank you very much

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
What are you trying to get of it, just game saves etc? the easiest way i would know is if your buying a new PS3 but you HDD is fine from your older console just put it into the new PS3 and turn it on and just pull from it what you want like normal
Tracid1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tracid1987

i want only the game save data. but i think your solution is not working because as far as i know if i put the old working HDD into my new PS3 it will need to reformat for that particular system. Any HDD wont work in another PS3 system until it is reformatted in the system you want to use in :( Nobody has any idea?

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
What are you trying to get of it, just game saves etc? the easiest way i would know is if your buying a new PS3 but you HDD is fine from your older console just put it into the new PS3 and turn it on and just pull from it what you want like normalziggyww
wrong that will not work. once the HDD goes into a new ps3 it requires a format and is unreadable. If the old ps3 does not power up then you are out of luck on copying over your data to the new one.
Tracid1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tracid1987

I know there is no official sony-made solution.

but someone may know an alternative solution, or some hacking tool for it. I think its not about piracy because i am not stealing someones property neither using copied games for free, i just want my own data back :S

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
You're out of luck. The same thing happened to me when my PS3 died. Fortunately I was able to save most of my data on a flash drive, but of course there are idiot developers that lock saves and I lost a fair few of those.
Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

There should be last ditch ways to ressurect your PS3, at least temporarily. Try a reflow method (I paid a guy on craigslist to do it for me instead of trying to do it myself) and then lan it up with a new ps3. Do the lan data transfer and EVERYTHING will be ported over in one fell swoop.