This topic is locked from further discussion.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts

I checked last night and there were three movies that could be rented for free. Three. Old.Movies. Now I haven't beaten down Sony at all since this debaucle, actually have defended them,but three choices??

Opinions? :)

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Yeah I rented RE degeneration and House of the dead 2. Two movies I would never watch if I had to pay for. Im ok with the choices though.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I checked last night and there were three movies that could be rented for free. Three. Old.Movies. Now I haven't beaten down Sony at all since this debaucle, actually have defended them,but three choices??

ydnarrewop

Maybe you want them to come to your house and wipe your bum for you after you poop? would that be enough?

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ydnarrewop

[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]

23Jarek23

Maybe you want them to come to your house and wipe your bum for you after you poop? would that be enough?

Wow seriously? A happy Saturday to you too. Just thinking that there should be more options for movie rentals. Even if the films were a decade old.I buy Sony so it's not a bash. Interesting reply though...mmm you're 12? Prognosticator!

mythochondria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 mythochondria
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

Here in my country you can rent in HD: Resident Evil Apocalypse (old). Hostel (old) and BAD BOYS 2 (WAHT???? SOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOLD)
So...yeah I agree with you man. There should be more new movies.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ydnarrewop
Here it's Hitch, Click, and Underworld: Evolution. :D
lucium689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lucium689
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts
whoa what? my options were ghost busters, final fantasy spirits within and bad boys 1 i wanna watch house of the dead.... =/
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ydnarrewop
Lol I think my options are worse :)
arsenal1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 arsenal1111
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]

ydnarrewop

Wow seriously? A happy Saturday to you too. Just thinking that there should be more options for movie rentals. Even if the films were a decade old.I buy Sony so it's not a bash. Interesting reply though...mmm you're 12? Prognosticator!

Well, what films did you want exactly? Avatar? Get real. Obviously they can't put any film they want on there. I think the films are adequate enough. Even if they put the Final Fantasy CGI film up there on its own, it'd be more than enough on top of the free full games and PS+ (which has ANOTHER free full game). People always find something to moan about. I wish they didn't even give us these blasted things because all you people moaning left, right and center are really grinding my gears. Just be happy that we have the store and PSN back and think of any other thing you receive for free as a bonus. You're not entitled to anything. ;)

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

In california, i have Bad Boys/Final Fantasy Spirit Within/ Ghostbuster Hahahaa

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Before I bother to look, can they all be rented in HD versions? Or are most of them SD?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Final Fantasy, Resident Evil and a zombie movie... They are just a bit too calculated in my opinion. Its just to get you interested in the games of the same name and zombies, not that i'm complaining but i hate zombies so much i really tried to enjoy L4D but didnt, i also tried Killing Floor as well but just don't like it and now i got two zombie movies i can watch. I'll pass as to be honest i don't really like FF that much either.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Before I bother to look, can they all be rented in HD versions? Or are most of them SD?2Chalupas
SD or HD. Whichever you prefer.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Sure, they're older movies but not too bad really. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
They didn't do the welcome back program to welcome you back to fun and online gaming, but to welcome you back to buying things from them. It's no accident that several of the free games have sequels coming out.
Shut-Your-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shut-Your-Face
Member since 2011 • 208 Posts
They didn't do the welcome back program to welcome you back to fun and online gaming, but to welcome you back to buying things from them. It's no accident that several of the free games have sequels coming out.guynamedbilly
As sad as it is, this person speaks the truth.
jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

not sure what we have but people got bad boys 1 2 and ghostbusters?
jealous !!!
i may have them on dvd, but just for a free viewing is so awesome :D

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ydnarrewop

[QUOTE="ydnarrewop"]

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

arsenal1111

Well, what films did you want exactly? Avatar? Get real. Obviously they can't put any film they want on there. I think the films are adequate enough. Even if they put the Final Fantasy CGI film up there on its own, it'd be more than enough on top of the free full games and PS+ (which has ANOTHER free full game). People always find something to moan about. I wish they didn't even give us these blasted things because all you people moaning left, right and center are really grinding my gears. Just be happy that we have the store and PSN back and think of any other thing you receive for free as a bonus. You're not entitled to anything. ;)

Relax. I'm only commenting. I'm not hating in any way. PSN = All good with me. If it wasn't the case I'd debate the hec out of you :D lol. I'm just commenting that the free movies are lame-oids.

*In my region :)

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

They can't simply offer any film they want for free rental. They kinda have to have the consent of whomever controls the distribution rights.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

In NY, it was ghost busters, final fantasy and bad boys. Bad Boys is definitely a good movie. Ghost Busters is pretty good as well but it has been many years since I seen that. I would have been happier if they just gave me a free rental on any movie on PSN store. At least I got my 2 free games though.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
I lold at the selection too.. cmon , doesn't sony own one of the largest movie catalogs in the world? And we get bad boys?! Oh well , watcha gonna do
Warhawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Warhawk_
Member since 2006 • 1497 Posts

Here in Ontario Canada where I live in, we have Hitch, Click, and Underworld Evolution. It would be nice if there were better movie selections but whatever I bought my PS3 to play games anyways.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

maybe theres a hidden message in the movies available.. like ghostbusters (busting)... bad boys (hackers)... final fantasy (fantasy) SO....... the message is Busting hackers is a fantasy.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
So these are free movie rentals right? Not movies you can download and keep. Wonder why they didn't just let people have a couple free rentals of their choice.. not 10 year old movies everyone has seen.
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#25 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Yeah I rented RE degeneration and House of the dead 2. Two movies I would never watch if I had to pay for. Im ok with the choices though.

Swift_Boss_A

What? How did you get those two - the movies I get to choose from are Hitch, Click and something else.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

AjaxNeron

What? How did you get those two - the movies I get to choose from are Hitch, something lame and something else lame.

Yeah they sound worse than the free movies for UK, lol.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

Here in my country you can rent in HD: Resident Evil Apocalypse (old). Hostel (old) and BAD BOYS 2 (WAHT???? SOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOLD)
So...yeah I agree with you man. There should be more new movies.

mythochondria

yeah we get ghostbusters (80's era), Bad Boys 1 (90's era) and Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (90's era.....and EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!!!) yeah well at least i got some free games though.. im not gonna try psn plus....i dont wanna pay extra for any other thing. psn is free and good...imma leave it that way.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

So these are free movie rentals right? Not movies you can download and keep. Wonder why they didn't just let people have a couple free rentals of their choice.. not 10 year old movies everyone has seen.Rattlesnake_8

They can't just give away any movie they want. They gotta have permission from the people how own the movies. And in the movie business there can be a lot of hands in the pie. Everyone from the distributor, to the producing studio to the director may have a say so.