Free months of PS Plus with one year subscription

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gamenerd15 (4476 posts) -

If I signed up for PS Plus through a download a code instead of the PS Store itself, do I still get the 3 months for free?  I got a code from Amazon.  For some reason, my card does not work on the PS store.  Sorry for all the PS Plus topics.  Weird things are going on, and I am clueless. 

#2 Posted by punisher1 (3206 posts) -

it could be the shop is down so thats why your card is not working.

#3 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

Not sure if this answers your question or not...I did the same thing a few weeks ago where I just got the PS+ code instead of the PSN store one. It said I could only activate the code through the PSN store on the PS3 and not through my PSN account on my computer. Let me know if this answers part of your question.

#4 Posted by gamenerd15 (4476 posts) -

Not sure if this answers your question or not...I did the same thing a few weeks ago where I just got the PS+ code instead of the PSN store one. It said I could only activate the code through the PSN store on the PS3 and not through my PSN account on my computer. Let me know if this answers part of your question.

lild1425

The PS Store says those that sign up for a full year get 3 months for free.  Since I got an activation code for a full year of PS Plus.  Do I still get 3 months for free on top of my full year, or is this is a buy it directly from PlayStation deal?  

#5 Posted by 4NGoods (1026 posts) -
if you purchased through amazon, I would assume you would get the extra three months considering they point blank say you get an additional three months on Amazon's website. I was gonna purchase through amazon as well but not really sure how it works with redeem codes. Do they just email it to you instantly after the purchase or do they ship you one of those scratch cards?
#6 Posted by gamenerd15 (4476 posts) -

if you purchased through amazon, I would assume you would get the extra three months considering they point blank say you get an additional three months on Amazon's website. I was gonna purchase through amazon as well but not really sure how it works with redeem codes. Do they just email it to you instantly after the purchase or do they ship you one of those scratch cards? 4NGoods

After you put in your credit card, you can view the code right at the Amazon site.  Then you just put the code in to the PS3 by going to account information, transactions, and then redeem code. 

#7 Posted by RogueShodown (2818 posts) -
Yes, you get the 3 months extra as long as you buy or redeem a code for a 1-year membership on the North American Playstation Store. But I'd recommend anyone who is thinking of buying PS+ to buy a $50 code instead and use that to buy a PS+ subscription on the store. There's currently a deal where you get $10 back in April for every $50 you spend between 2/26 and the last day of March. Spending $49.99 on a PS+ subscription does count.
#8 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

That 3 free months deal is over... I think.

#9 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

ghstbstr
Ends tomorrow
#10 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

Outsider-G

Ends tomorrow

Are you sure, because I don't see it on the PSN Store anymore?

#11 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

[QUOTE="Outsider-G"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

ghstbstr

Ends tomorrow

Yeah, I just checked. Games > Playstation Plus > Featured
#12 Posted by RogueShodown (2818 posts) -

The last day to take advantage of it is Monday.

#13 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

The last day to take advantage of it is Monday.

RogueShodown
Yeah, March 4th, sorry about that.
#14 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

[QUOTE="Outsider-G"] Ends tomorrow Outsider-G

Yeah, I just checked. Games > Playstation Plus > Featured

Yep, you're right. That's good because I thought that I missed it. It seems like a better deal than normal with the 3 extra free months. So I just might have to get it.