FPS's getting boring, need something new right?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrSmarties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 MrSmarties
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Alright i got lots of FPS's like Call of Duty 4, World at war, Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 and im bored of them(Especially Killzone 2). I say killzone 2 is boring because lets face it, the story is horrible, like absolute no effort in the story and the multiplayer has nothing new. When i was playing the story, i never had to do the same things all over and over again and the dialogue was just bad. I never thought i could care less about the characters in a video game. Also does anyone find that a evil dictator and WWII nazi looking bad guys seem kind of familiar?. In my opinion a game shouldnt just be a multiplayer with the a story mode to compliment it. The game should always have a good story that keeps ur interest through out then the multiplayer adds to the gameplay(MGS4!! :D has just that). Sure Killzone 2 is one sexy game(graphics i mean) but where is the fun and variety?? I wish one day that one awsome FPS will come out one day that has alot of new content. Maybe i unno, ummm the ability to throw down ppl, variety of customizable guns, story mode with variety of locations and gameplay feel and a cover system online and offline(Killzone could of been different and awsome with the cover system online). So come on you game makers make some fresh and unique games :D. Anyone agree? (Oh and if u love Killzone 2 sorry if i offended you)
Habok777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Habok777
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
no
Avatar image for PepitoneConQues
PepitoneConQues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PepitoneConQues
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts

Nah im pretty content with Killzone 2 right now, and I think I will be for a while

Though I am interested in inFamous, but that doesnt come out to June

bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

No.

Being sony's new baby, talking down about killzone 2 is not going to get very many "agreeds" on a ps3 board.

Just sayin'.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I completely agree with you, even though I do like Killzone 2, and I dont see why people have to say no just because you said something about that particular game. Anyway, I feel that there should be a better variety of games for ps3. THe majority of the big releases are fps and that doesnt add much variety to the system..however it seems thats what everyone wants to play rather than actually going through a story and caring about what happens in it.

ERoBB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 ERoBB
Member since 2005 • 1104 Posts

I'm actually gonna agree here. I was super pumped for Killzone 2. But when it finally got here, I just sort of thought, another short no story campaign with good multiplayer? I dunno if I care anymore. Theres another AAA FPS like monthyl, and I'm just sort of done with them.

Its to the point where the only two games coming up soon I plan to buy are UFC Undisputed and Fight Night Round 4. Two sports sims. Out of the great lineup of 2009, thats all I care about. I mean I'll get God of War 3 for sure. But I feel like we've worn out the FPS genre. Once Halo came out, people figured out how to nail the mechanics, then Call of Duty came, and all the others, and they're all sort of on an even playing field.

You'll get a 7-12 hour linear campaign, combined with some pretty fun multiplayer. And after that its just like insert new war, cookie cutter characters, and guns. Rinse and repeat.

zee_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zee_90
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

I was disapointed with the story line of killzone 2. I think there should be some new designs coming out. But I still buy the games because they are entertaining. COD4 introduced an excellent single player and multiplayer in one package. Assasins Creed was excellent. However it has been awhile now. WHERE ARE THE NEW IDEAS?!? :o I enjoy MSG4 and Uncharted because they are pretty unique. But I only play a few hours a week of games for the past year now. I have not been impressed with the games for the past 8 months or so. The new releases this summer will hopefully bring some new life. They look pretty interesting.

Karaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Karaam
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
I know what you mean, but I don't think its because that games that you mentioned are bad or boring as games, believe me I too got tired and bored of COD4, but you shouldn't look at the shooters as bad but rather what games you are playing, if its only shooters than yes you will get bored very quickly, but if you vary the types between the shooters than everything will stay fresh. Like one day you will be playing COD, then the next day you will be full force on Street Fighter 4, followed up by a sports game like NHL or the show, gaming will never get boring and you won't feel bored and tired by shooters. I know cuz that's what I'm doing, and i haven't got bored of anything on my PS3 yet. Believe me it works.
nightmare57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nightmare57
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

no. KZ2 should not have cover fire online that just begs for campers. if yu want health fast become a medic an get your health packs or boost

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
yes completely agree. These FPS are cool the first time but after awhile they get redundant and boring start making something else plz
theSickness550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 theSickness550
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts
i am soo tired of fps and shooter games in general. where are all the amazing platformers and rpgs sony had last gen. god cant wait till god of war 3 and the next ratchet and clank game. hell i hated final fantasy 12 but cant wait for 13 because it would at least be some variety.
MrSmarties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrSmarties
I know what you mean, but I don't think its because that games that you mentioned are bad or boring as games, believe me I too got tired and bored of COD4, but you shouldn't look at the shooters as bad but rather what games you are playing, if its only shooters than yes you will get bored very quickly, but if you vary the types between the shooters than everything will stay fresh. Like one day you will be playing COD, then the next day you will be full force on Street Fighter 4, followed up by a sports game like NHL or the show, gaming will never get boring and you won't feel bored and tired by shooters. I know cuz that's what I'm doing, and i haven't got bored of anything on my PS3 yet. Believe me it works. Karaam
That makes sense, i usually just buy a game and play it untill im worn out :P. Since i have a majority of FPS i think i need a new style game, i guess Street Fighter 4. I never really had a fighting game like that since Mortal Combat on the sega gensis :P
5UPERMARIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#14 5UPERMARIO
Member since 2006 • 1204 Posts

I dont mind a FPS if it has some kind of story to it and an atmosphere, such as bioshock

Mr_Splosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Mr_Splosher
Member since 2009 • 772 Posts
Don't like FPS's then buy a "different" game. I suggest flower... *stifled laughter*
MrSmarties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrSmarties

no. KZ2 should not have cover fire online that just begs for campers. if yu want health fast become a medic an get your health packs or boost

nightmare57
I guess, but the cover system is pretty neat in the game and i was disapointed to find out when i first got it that u cant cover online. Maybe if they changed it a bit, like when u cover u cant see anything unless u fully peak out. Lol blah, ur probably right i cant just picture noobs camping with rockets. Those rockets man piss me off...thats why i stick to medium size games with no rockets.
MrSmarties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrSmarties
[QUOTE="bullschwitz"]

No.

Being sony's new baby, talking down about killzone 2 is not going to get very many "agreeds" on a ps3 board.

Just sayin'.

Ya..i know but i was just bugged from killzone 2 big let down. If you compare COD4 single player and Killzone's single player, u can see what im talking about. COD4 to me still has the best FPS story mode since it had variety and intense scenes(Remember the nuclear bomb, scary stuff).