For any Tomba!! fans.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Do NOT buy Tomba!! 2 from the psn store. The only version they have is the japanese version and they do not offer refunds if you buy it. Yes, every subtitle and the voice acting are all in japanese and there isn't any way to put it into english. Kinda misleading since the cover is in english.

That is a low blow for Sony to do to it's customers. They have to know not every american can phucking read and/or understand japanese language. I'm pissed I wasted $10 on this game. Could have gotten Strider instead.

So ya, just a heads up.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

Do NOT buy Tomba!! 2 from the psn store. The only version they have is the japanese version and they do not offer refunds if you buy it. Yes, every subtitle and the voice acting are all in japanese and there isn't any way to put it into english. Kinda misleading since the cover is in english.

That is a low blow for Sony to do to it's customers. They have to know not every american can phucking read and/or understand japanese language. I'm pissed I wasted $10 on this game. Could have gotten Strider instead.

So ya, just a heads up.

Wow I was just thinking about that game the other day. I miss that game. The first one and the second one was so badass.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i just checked..

First off its $5.99 not $10. and 2nd it tells you in the description that its a "Japanese import game".

but yeah, i do agree with you about it being misleading and showing the NA cover for the game. they could have atleast showed it to be an import game like how they did with rockman 1,2,3 (megaman)

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Learn to read the information provided before buying so that you know what you are paying for. The store description is in English.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Young_Charter

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

First off its $5.99 not $10. and 2nd it tells you in the description that its a "Japanese import game".

but yeah, i do agree with you about it being misleading and showing the NA cover for the game. they could have atleast showed it to be an import game like how they did with rockman 1,2,3 (megaman)

I would still get 1 & 2 (If they have 1 up there) since it was a great game. Even when it came out during the PS1 days it was still a hard to find.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ristactionjakso

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

$6 my bad. But it's still a rip off to put a japanese game for sale, in America, with the english cover and yet the whole entire game is in Japanese. What makes them think that people who know english would understand Japanese?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

$6 my bad. But it's still a rip off to put a japanese game for sale, in America, with the english cover and yet the whole entire game is in Japanese. What makes them think that people who know english would understand Japanese?

It clearly says Japanese import. And I know it may shock you, but some people that know English -also- know Japanese.. :P

But yeah man, it is clearly labeled for most. But lesson learned for you!

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ristactionjakso

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

It clearly says Japanese import. And I know it may shock you, but some people that know English -also- know Japanese.. :P

I'd argue that the vast majority of Americans do not know Japanese. And if you played Tomba 1, then you see Tomba 2, with a english title cover, your'e just going to buy it because you already know what Tomba is all about. Still b.s. for them to release a japanese game in a english dominated market with a english title cover. If the cover was in japanese, I would have second guessed it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Young_Charter

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

I'd argue that the vast majority of Americans do not know Japanese. And if you played Tomba 1, then you see Tomba 2, with a english title cover, your'e just going to buy it because you already know what Tomba is all about. Still b.s. for them to release a japanese game in a english dominated market with a english title cover. If the cover was in japanese, I would have second guessed it.

So there is no english subtitles or text ?

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ristactionjakso

@Young_Charter said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

Not a lick of english anywhere.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Young_Charter

@ristactionjakso said:

@Young_Charter said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

. . . . . wtf ? So odd of Sony. That totally wasn't your fault in a sense.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ristactionjakso

@Young_Charter said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@Young_Charter said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@FinalFighters said:

i just checked..

. . . . . wtf ? So odd of Sony. That totally wasn't your fault in a sense.

Ya I found it odd too. O well, live and learn.