Final Fantasy XIII Platinum Question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

Ok, this may seem a bit unorthodox but I just finished all the missions except the ones that unlock the Long Gui, I have a mastered crystarium and all the other trophies, except Long Gui, Treasure Hunter and defeat all missions. Should I finish all the missions and 5 star them now, or farm the oretoises for whatever? If it's the latter could you tell me what drops what, and when I have enough of said item to start farming Long Gui? Thank you.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

If you've finished maxing out your character then there's no reason not to unlock the long guis (or whatever they're called). I did it before I was even close to maxing out and could kill them, not easily but I could do it. They drop platinum ignots (I believe are called) which sell for a lot. You need them for treasure hunter as well, so you might as well just start now.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Yes if you ask me, since the lone adamantoise in the courtyard is the fastest ingot farming spot anyways.

Random-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Random-Target
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts

and the shaolong guis are the only monster in the game that drops Dark MAtter

kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kuro-shinigami
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
How do you unlock the long gui? Do you have to clear the game? I thought you have to beat mission 63 where You have to fight the adamantortoise but I've cleared It and still nothing...
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
One of the most boring trophies EVER imo. I did everything except for farm (to get money for every item). I refused to waste time doing that just to buy stuff for a trophy. I really, really hate trophies like that. They should not have made money so hard to come across in that game IMO