Final Fantasy X HD or Kingdom Hearts HD? Which is better game to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Seems PS3 will have two PS2 classics remastered in HD going retail by the end of this year.

I have never played either of these games. I plan on probably buying both sooner or later. Question is which one did you like better and Why? Or are both awesome must haves?

#2 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
Since KH will include the Final Mix version of the first game, that's already some new content that countries outside of Japan haven't been able to experience. As for FFX, I haven't heard if they're using International as the base for the remaster or not, but from what I understand, it didn't add any new plot details, unlike Final Mix.
#3 Posted by gamenerd15 (4476 posts) -

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS) 

I would say Final Fantasy X.  I believe some of the issues of the Kingdom Hearts release will be fixed such as allocating the camera to the right analog stick.  I do not know if the combat system will be overhauled.  I do not know how the flow of the game will be with these changes in place.  Final Fantasy X was awesome for its time, and it probably holds up well by today's standards.  There is the infamous laughing seen and Luca right by the Highroad, but the game is still awesome.  The sidequests in Kingdom Hearts are kind of meh.  The gummi ship sections are rather boring and take a little while to get through.  The first battle against Ursula is rather annoying.  

FFX and FFX 2 is a better buy than Kingdom Hearts 1.5. 

#4 Posted by Basinboy (11494 posts) -

Hrm, good question.  I very much enjoy both series, but of the two I side with FFX/FFX-2 instead of the KH bundle

#5 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

Since KH will include the Final Mix version of the first game, that's already some new content that countries outside of Japan haven't been able to experience. As for FFX, I haven't heard if they're using International as the base for the remaster or not, but from what I understand, it didn't add any new plot details, unlike Final Mix.MAILER_DAEMON

It is the international version of FFX. So of course we get teh dark aeons.

For the TC, I highly recommend both games. Save some money if possible and get both, you shouldn't be disapointed. But if you want more bang for your buck, FFXHD/FFX-2HD will give you more gaming for your cash. The gameplay is great, the music is awesome, and well it's pretty damn good, besides for a couple of really stupid cut scenes, but regardless awesome game. I actually got Both of these titles the same day back when they launched (well around the time at least). 7th grade was so great to me for gaming because of these two gems.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -
i will probably get both
#7 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2327 posts) -

I'm definitely getting both, I voted that they are equal :)

#9 Posted by -Vulpix- (2407 posts) -

I will be getting both and hopefully I'll be able to play Kingdom Hearts 1 this time around without it making me feel sick for playing it too long, shame since I can play all the other titles in the series just fine. And never did Buy Final Fantasy X on PS2, but have played it. And guess if this were between Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD and FFX/X-2 I'd pick Kingdom Hearts 2, otherwise I guess I'm not sure which between the two I like better really.

#10 Posted by Mehfuz (10288 posts) -

looking forward KH

#11 Posted by Zero_resistance (232 posts) -

Personally, I think FFX would hold my interest longer than KH.  But still both epic games, and well worth a re-purchase.

#12 Posted by Megavideogamer (5703 posts) -

I vote for Kingdom Hearts HD on the PS3. Final Fantasy X I will get on the PSvita.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only PS3 game that I have waited for since 2006 the dawn of the PS3 era. I will get both.

So if I were you try to get both games. But if you only get one then FFX is a good start.

#13 Posted by Texas2089 (16488 posts) -
I'm absolutely buying both games day 1 (and would recommend you do the same if possible), but if I could only pick 1 I'd pick FFX because it's my favorite game of all time. I love the story and characters, and FFX has one of my favorite battle systems of any FF game. And the soundtrack in incredible.
#14 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS) 

I would say Final Fantasy X.  I believe some of the issues of the Kingdom Hearts release will be fixed such as allocating the camera to the right analog stick.  I do not know if the combat system will be overhauled.  I do not know how the flow of the game will be with these changes in place.  Final Fantasy X was awesome for its time, and it probably holds up well by today's standards.  There is the infamous laughing seen and Luca right by the Highroad, but the game is still awesome.  The sidequests in Kingdom Hearts are kind of meh.  The gummi ship sections are rather boring and take a little while to get through.  The first battle against Ursula is rather annoying.  

FFX and FFX 2 is a better buy than Kingdom Hearts 1.5. 

gamenerd15

I wouldn't really count this as a spoiler, but just in case. Possible more spoilers.

That laughing scene while akward, I think was on purpose. They are all gloomy and start of with the fake laugh, but then afterwords move into a actual real laugh. It was supposed to represent some of the dumb and embarrasing things we do as human beings. Like if you and a girl were to do that your friends would look very awkward at you too, just how the rest of the cast did to Tidus and Yuna and then start really laughing because now they think your a couple of nut jobs.

But overall while I liked Kingdom hearts and will be picking it up, FFX is by far the better game. FFX-2 isn't bad either, has a great battle system thats a merger of the older titles like 7 with the ATB and the job system of the early titles. Just yes, the dialog can be slightly corny sometimes and for some reason yuna now sings, but aside from that its a pretty good game.

#15 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
i personally wont buy ether game, i disliked FFX personally i'd want a FF mystic quest hd game and that is just horrible.I never liked the KH series i have tried every game in the series and yet i always get bored with the games after a hour or two.
#16 Posted by XereoWarrior (135 posts) -

Seems PS3 will have two PS2 classics remastered in HD going retail by the end of this year.Mrmedia01

Lets hope they're here by the end of this year. I've been waiting on FFX HD for years now.

#17 Posted by Canvas_Of_Flesh (4052 posts) -
It depends open whether or not they've fixed the camera in Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played that game in years, but what I most remember is it having a horrible camera and Billy Zane.
#18 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Absolutely there can only be one right answer: BOTH OF EFFING COURSE!

#19 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

I've enjoyed both a lot. Very difficult for me to say which I enjoyed more. FFX is a bit longer for people who want to get more bang for their buck.

KH comes with Re:Com and FFX comes with X-2. Neither are too good (though X-2 has a very loyal fanbase).

It's pretty much a coin toss.

#20 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

It depends open whether or not they've fixed the camera in Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played that game in years, but what I most remember is it having a horrible camera and Billy Zane.Canvas_Of_Flesh

The camera is now mapped to the 2nd analog stick instead of the R2/L2 buttons.

#21 Posted by Sokol4ever (6347 posts) -

That's a hard one..both games are memorable and very enjoyable. My personal preference would slightly go with the Final Fantasy X. 

When you can however, I would strongly recommend you do find the time and play Kingdom Hearts as well. ;)

#22 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
Final Fantasy X is a bad game. Bad combat system, linear design, horrible characters. Get Kingdom Hearts.
#23 Posted by PelicanRebelLdr (125 posts) -
Final Fantasy X
#24 Posted by CTR360 (7401 posts) -
i buy both games
#25 Posted by Ovirew (6865 posts) -

FFXHD is the better deal, and the one I am looking most forward to.

I think the KHHD is kind of a waste because it only includes the first game and a bunch of those other games in the series that nobody cares about, instead of the second game.  I will still probably get it though, idk.

#26 Posted by jsmoke03 (13371 posts) -

i loved ffx so i would go with that. kh is great and im hearing there is some new content for it....but ffx is in my top 10 games all time so yea

#27 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
I like KH and I love FFX.
#28 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6569 posts) -

FFX hands down - it's my favorite game of all time. 

I like Kingdom Hearts 1 alot but I feel like the dialogue/ characters are pretty childish and won't appeal to everyone. The gameplay isn't mindblowingly awesome either. It's mostly nostalgia for me