***Final Fantasy*** Why do you love it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 godofwar2610
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts

Okay so this is the first time I make a thread so just point out if i do anything wrong please.

I had a ps2 for about 5 years but the only RPG's Ive played from Square Enix are the Kingdom Hearts games. I've been hearing alot about Final Fantasy and have always wanted to check it out but have been turned off from turn-based combat. I like japanese games but i have never seen FF what do u all love about it? So anyway just wanted to know which FF games are arguebly the best and which are most like the KH games and which would you all recommend. Help greatly appreciated.

(I have a 60gb ps3)

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Final Fantasy series is known for having great story and most people will tell you play FF VII but I recommend FFX it is a great game and my favorite and the music in this series is awesome.
godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 godofwar2610

Final Fantasy series is known for having great story and most people will tell you play FF VII but I recommend FFX it is a great game and my favorite and the music in this series is awesome.Star650

Thanks also do i need to play them all in order to understand them?

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

[QUOTE="Star650"]Final Fantasy series is known for having great story and most people will tell you play FF VII but I recommend FFX it is a great game and my favorite and the music in this series is awesome.godofwar2610

Thanks also do i need to play them all in order to understand them?

No, each game has its own story, except FF 7 it has a prequel released for the PSP and a sequel for the PS2 which is not a RPG game and a movie, and FF X has a sequel called FF X-2.

AceJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 AceJakk
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

I agree with the poster ahead of me when he suggested FFX for your first foray: it's fairly linear like Kingdom Hearts, which will be an easy entry into the series. I would be the first to suggest FFVII or FFVI becuase they are two of the greatest game ever conceived by man. One of the reasons I suggest VII is because, unlike any of the later incarnations, the sidequests actually develop the story (instead of simply: go to point a to receive item) VII also has two characters that you don't "need" to get in order to finish the game, but if you do get them, it opens up another couple of hours of gameplay.

Just avoid Final Fantasy X-2 like the plague. Also, 8 wasn't that fantastic (characters have the depth of a teaspoon).

meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
I like the earlier ones because of their, genre defining, (for the time) complex gameplay. Wheras the later ones 7+ i play mainly for the story and less about the gameplay.
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
Well if you're looking for a Final Fantasy that has the type of fighting Kingdom hearts has, where you run around and fight by button mashing then there is no such FF...yet. The closest you'll come to that is FF12, the rest of the Final Fantasies you have random encounters and stand in a line while facing the enemy. If you're interested in experiencing the franchise I would suggest starting out with 7 or 8, simply because these two really make you enjoy the series, while people have their opinions and have problems with FF8, its story is VERY engaging, and I don't think there is ever a point in the story where you feel like "I don't know how this relates to the plot". After you play earlier FFs then I can suggest 10, just so you can get a feel for the type of system FF has. You can also play FF6, but I'm not sure if you're interested in DS type graphics.
godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 godofwar2610

Well if you're looking for a Final Fantasy that has the type of fighting Kingdom hearts has, where you run around and fight by button mashing then there is no such FF...yet. The closest you'll come to that is FF12, the rest of the Final Fantasies you have random encounters and stand in a line while facing the enemy. If you're interested in experiencing the franchise I would suggest starting out with 7 or 8, simply because these two really make you enjoy the series, while people have their opinions and have problems with FF8, its story is VERY engaging, and I don't think there is ever a point in the story where you feel like "I don't know how this relates to the plot". After you play earlier FFs then I can suggest 10, just so you can get a feel for the type of system FF has. You can also play FF6, but I'm not sure if you're interested in DS type graphics. alwayspureblood

Thanks alot also are there other great games that are made by the same team as Kingdom Hearts and any other great JRPGS that were made on Ps2?

Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
Well the people who make Kingdom Hearts are the people that are involved in the Final Fantasy franchise as well(excluding Disney of course). And I guess other JRPGs I can recommend are Legend of the Dragoon(PSone) or Dragon Quest(by square enix and on ps2), i supppose, Other people probably know more. :)
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I've been playing console games since the NES, and I didn't really like FF back then... I was more into the Dragon Warrior (aka Dragon Quest) series... but when I played FFVII on PS1, it made me rethink what was possible in a video game... it was probably the first one where I was actually interested in what was happening, and the first game that I really felt as connected to the characters as I would've in, say, a book or a movie. The game was also absurdly long, had a ton of side quests, great cutscenes. It also wasn't your standard D&D-style RPG with fairies and wizards and crap... it was really cool and futuristic... like a Blade Runner-type setting.

Every FF game since has been a let down by comparison since, but they still make some of the best JRPGs on the market.

Omega_tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Omega_tx
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

i like Final Fantasy because...well, it's the final fantasy. lol. but seriously its epic storytelling at its best.

bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigburd
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
FF is great because after you beat one you get a feeling of accomplishment and fullfillment, feels like you did something grand, just wish all games were like that *cough*GTAIV*cough*