FF14 Online monthly fees ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -

Is there any information regarding FF14 having monthly fees to play it ??

Free = Win :D !!

#2 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
just expect to pay monthly fees if you want to play ffxiv. its the current business model for mmo's and SE isnt going to be the one to break it. they havent confirmed what the fee will be though.
#3 Posted by Denji (12757 posts) -

Well, it is an MMORPG. Usually MMORPGs are paid monthly. I don't see why this wouldn't be.

#4 Posted by Ipik_Fenris (3627 posts) -

too bad :(

#5 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -

I've only played WoW and Ragnarok. I hope Final Fantasy XIV isn't that different...

#6 Posted by kage_53 (12671 posts) -

There isn't any info about it but since FF11 had monthly fees I don't see why FF14 wouldn't especially since Square is hurting right now financially.

#7 Posted by jakarai (4289 posts) -
There will be monthly fees which they will charge in 30 day increments.
#8 Posted by Unknown_Hero3 (7269 posts) -

I've only played WoW and Ragnarok. I hope Final Fantasy XIV isn't that different...

Furi-Kun

Eww you play WoW?....:?

#9 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Unknown_Hero3

Don't even get me started. When I first got it, I swear I was in my room 24/7 playing. I didn't talk to anyone and only left my room to eat or use the bathroom. It was horrible! But yea, I'm going to buy another card so I can level some more. lol

#10 Posted by Unknown_Hero3 (7269 posts) -

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Furi-Kun

Don't even get me started. When I first got it, I swear I was in my room 24/7 playing. I didn't talk to anyone and only left my room to eat or use the bathroom. It was horrible! But yea, I'm going to buy another card so I can level some more. lol

I can't look at you...:roll:

#11 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Unknown_Hero3

Don't say that! I need you! If it makes you feel any better I'm not playing now. :(

#12 Posted by Sokol4ever (6337 posts) -

Majority of higher quality MMO's (excluding excellent Guild Wars) are on monthly payments.

Considering FFXIV will support both PC and PS3 gamers together I have little doubt that we won't have monthly bills. We all know how it works with PC but I'm curious how will PS3 payments be set up.

IS there going to be PC like website where you can use your visa's etc, or will FFXIV have it's own Final Fantasy XIV cards to purchase similar to today's WOW cards or will there be used a completely new process introduced.

Whatever it is I'm exited for FFXIV. ;)

#13 Posted by Unknown_Hero3 (7269 posts) -

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Furi-Kun

Don't say that! I need you! If it makes you feel any better I'm not playing now. :(

Well are you at least a Diablo player as well? That can make up for a small portion of my disappointment. :(

Us Diablo fans wish most WoW players were dead. :P

#14 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Unknown_Hero3

Well are you at least a Diablo player as well? That can make up for a small portion of my disappointment. :(

Lol. Nope, but my friend plays Diablo a lot.

#15 Posted by Unknown_Hero3 (7269 posts) -

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

Furi-Kun

Get..out..of..my..site

*in a clint eastwood tone*

#16 Posted by Furi-Kun (10903 posts) -

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Unknown_Hero3

Get..out..of..my..site

*in a clint eastwood tone*

Ok. :(

*Logs off and stares at black computer screen*

#17 Posted by robmonga2 (1193 posts) -
I......don't do monthly fees, DC online here i come.
#18 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -
I always thought paying monthly to play a game was a huge rip-off. I mean, you buy the game for retail price, and then you have to buy the same game every month. It's like a car, except it doesn't get you to hobby shops where you can buy Pokemon cards.
#19 Posted by yokofox33 (30354 posts) -

Sucks you have to pay, but I'll be getting the game regardless. I need something to waste my life away, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

#20 Posted by Bioshockraptor (21480 posts) -
No one knows yet, but if there are monthly fees I won't get it.
#21 Posted by hot_shot_9 (1663 posts) -

If it does then i wont get it...

DC onlines might be free though

#22 Posted by Reiji-Arisu (651 posts) -
Definitely a monthly fees is coming.
#23 Posted by gogeton (19 posts) -

Maybe I just like old school final fantasy, but 14 being a mmorpg is not appealing to me at all. Anyone else with me on this? There is just way too much of a time committment to these types of games.

#24 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -

Old thread is old.

#25 Posted by kikkoman808 (109 posts) -

If its $18+ a month its not worth it.

#26 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
I'd buy it if there were no monthly fees without even thinking. But I doubt that will be the case, so chances are I won't be purhcasing it. I'm not a big supporter of monthly fees.
#27 Posted by conistant (2169 posts) -
Man Furi posted here.God I miss the Bayonaze sig.
#28 Posted by Young_Charter (19973 posts) -
It'll suck if it does... I'm sure it will tho
#29 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
why are ppl resurrecting old topics all of a sudden? (this is the 3rd one in the past 2 days)
#30 Posted by pete_merlin (6099 posts) -

Monthy fees...im out.

#31 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
Yep. I really hope that any game that requires a monthly fee doesn't do well. Because if more games succeed in charging monthly fees, more games will start to charge monthly fees.
#32 Posted by Young_Charter (19973 posts) -

Monthy fees...im out.

pete_merlin
That's actually a good way to put it..lol *leaves*
#33 Posted by LenGen (317 posts) -
square enix is a money loving company and OF COURSE they will charge monthly fees to play. if there was no monthly fees the game itself would sell more, but without any monthly income it would be harder to manage and maintain the servers and etc... i wont buy ff14 unless its free to play or $10 per month to play.
#34 Posted by scar-hawk (5404 posts) -
square enix is a money loving company and OF COURSE they will charge monthly fees to play. if there was no monthly fees the game itself would sell more, but without any monthly income it would be harder to manage and maintain the servers and etc... i wont buy ff14 unless its free to play or $10 per month to play.LenGen
I wouldn't even buy it if it was $5 per month lol. Only way I'd get is if it's Free To Play. And we all know THAT won't happen... >_
#35 Posted by Sokol4ever (6337 posts) -

I have alternative method.

Don't charge monthly fee for FFXIV, instead release disk-based DLC every 4-5 months which is optional for players to buy for around 40$.

This is how Guild Wars did it and I have to admit, I loved that idea. Whenever I felt like upgrading my character to higher level or seeing new content - I went to the store and purchased it.

No monthly fees but optional DLC that pushes MMO content forward. ;)

#36 Posted by -starman- (2822 posts) -

Whoa, old thread is old.

There will be fees.

I'm pro-fee, though.

It keeps new content coming in, it keeps server quality up, and if I wanted to play a game without fees I would play something else.

I wonder how many FF11 players will make the leap to FF14?

#37 Posted by hiphopballer (4059 posts) -

it probably will have a monthly fee.

#38 Posted by liffi (254 posts) -

It WILL have mothly fee. That is fact. And I think it's a good thing somewhat.

#39 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -

too bad :(

Ipik_Fenris
Yeah us cheapies always miss out.
#40 Posted by ragnarok160 (169 posts) -

it might be because most people dont play cause of the fees but if they get rid of the fees and maybe make pricey expansion pacs or maybe you pay money to get a new file or even a 1 time fee for full access then maybe they wouldn't need to

#41 Posted by mkaliaz (1979 posts) -

it might be because most people dont play cause of the fees but if they get rid of the fees and maybe make pricey expansion pacs or maybe you pay money to get a new file or even a 1 time fee for full access then maybe they wouldn't need to

ragnarok160

Why would you necro this old ass thread? :(

#42 Posted by WR_Platinum (4667 posts) -

Well there is a high cvhance that it may be p2p, but we have to remember also that there are a lot of f2p mmos out there. I think that if SE takes the f2p route they would still get lots of money by havng an item shop where players can go ahead and buy exclusive items. Its been a proven system, for all the f2p games that are out.

#43 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
I......don't do monthly fees, DC online here i come. robmonga2
.....DCUO has a monthly fee friend :lol:
#44 Posted by FudgieCoCo (2 posts) -
I think FF14 would b free online cuz they said thy would use ps3 network, and as yall know th psn does not charge people for playing online however on FF 2 was free online on the ps2 :P
#45 Posted by FudgieCoCo (2 posts) -
I think it would b f2p type of game like FF 2 on the playstation X)
#46 Posted by MCL0789 (80 posts) -

Wow old thread... but there is a fee, it's 14.95 a month (give or take a few cents). Tho it's free on PC right now while they fix what they royally screwed up, and PS3 is indefinitely delayed again because they are making the game playable first.

#47 Posted by Urizen5 (508 posts) -

Fee is obvious, the problem is the complexity of paying. I know this was a major issue with the PC, still think you'll have to sign up with mulitple companies. I just hope they make a simple payment option, like paying through PSN would be nice. People thought Konami was bad with Metal Gear Online, They have nothing over the paper-trail bureaucracy that is square enix.

#48 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6238 posts) -

It's actually a complicated question. The PC version sucks so hard that SE doesn't dare to want a fee from the players. Regarding the long time it's already free, they might not want to lose the few remaining by having a fee. Don't know how it'll change once, if, the PS3 version comes out. I wouldn't get my hopes up, it's horible, got it day 1 and it sucked, played it a few months later and it was still horrible

#49 Posted by gogeton (19 posts) -

Despite my last post, I am actually very much looking forward to FFXIV: Realm Reborn!

#50 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

It's hard to say about fees on the PS3 since right now we don't even know when it will be released, much less any of the specifics. I'm guessing it will be $13 - $15 a month or something like that. Square Enix is making some announcements about...something...in a few weeks at the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary celebration, so who knows, maybe we'll get some info on it.

I'm seriously thinking about giving it a try. Never played an MMO before but I love grinding and collecting and levelling up so maybe I'll get into it. Assuming it isn't a total pile of %^@*! like it was last time lol.