This topic is locked from further discussion.

poe-catcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poe-catcher
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

final fantasy vii tech demo for ps3 looked awesome. is there even a remote possibility for a remake? pm me

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.
mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
never gonna happen sorry
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.Christopper

I think every PS3 owner in Japan would buy it and probably about half the people in UK and US would buy it.

But don't you think a new game would be a better investment on there end?
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.Christopper

I think every PS3 owner in Japan would buy it and probably about half the people in UK and US would buy it.

As do I Christopper. I think this would be a gigantic money maker for Square and I for one hope they do it. I think this game would sell huge if it ever happened.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
[QUOTE="Christopper"]

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.nyc05

As do I Christopper. I think this would be a gigantic money maker for Square and I for one hope they do it. I think this game would sell huge if it ever happened.

Me 3.

calandbolg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 calandbolg
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
They don't need to do a simple remake. They can tweak the battle system, add more enemies, new areas/dungeons/items, more materias etc
yanwasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yanwasp
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
[QUOTE="nyc05"][QUOTE="Christopper"]

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.VinnoT

Me 3.

Didn't you guys play it already? Why play the same game all over again when you can experience something new??

Anyways, if a FF game deserves a remake it is FF3 on super nintendo. Best FF ever.

Marty_McFly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marty_McFly_
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Nah I think the guy specifically said this is just a demo to demonstrate PS3 and no remake is being made.
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

Nomura says he and his devs would love to do it.. but they gonna finish the XIII Project first, and take a rest to get full potential put into the game, this also gives em a good start because the devs will kno more about the ps3 = better graphics gameplay etc. On top of that he's gotta finish CC, Before Crsis, the 2 kingdom hearts games and XIII and XIIIVersus - Give him a break it'll come otherwise square would be stupid not to, jus wait a year or 2

Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
Here - http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/06/04/for-the-last-time-ffvii-is-not-being-remade-right-now/
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

final fantasy vii tech demo for ps3 looked awesome. is there even a remote possibility for a remake? pm me

poe-catcher
there will most likely be one for the PS3
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Christopper"]

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.w7w7w7w7w7

But don't you think a new game would be a better investment on there end?

no, otherwise they wouldn't be putting out all these other FF remakes

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeneralX84
Member since 2007 • 768 Posts
for a new title, they don't know how popular it will be in when it goes into market, but with FFVII they know how much people are waiting for this, so they can get a rough idea of how much income can the project generate
it's actually a better choice than investing on something new in terms of theirbusiness
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
the remake will come, IMO it needs to come before ff13 cause ff7 remake will help the install base of ps3 a crap load.
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="nyc05"][QUOTE="Christopper"]

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.VinnoT

Me 3.

me 4. i hope they do make it.

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeneralX84

the remake will come, IMO it needs to come before ff13 cause ff7 remake will help the install base of ps3 a crap load.davez82

it won't change too much, 'cause ff13 itself can help the install base of PS3 too; or even MSG4 whichwill be availableway before ff13

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts
I want it too. But I'm probably going to pop the hundred bucks for the ps2 version anyway.
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 giton

I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).Hitamaru-homia

Well the ps2 version of VIII is only like $19.99 at Amazon.

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeneralX84

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).giton

are you saying there a remake of ff8 for ps2 already? you have a link?

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralX84"][QUOTE="giton"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).Christopper

He made a mistake, easy one to make considering how good it looked. Had the best ending in any game I've ever played.

Yeah,When my friend got his PS2 in 2001 we played it then and we were talking bout how good the Graphics were. If it was for PS2 i would kill someone over it...

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Christopper"][QUOTE="GeneralX84"][QUOTE="giton"]

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).Hitamaru-homia

He made a mistake, easy one to make considering how good it looked. Had the best ending in any game I've ever played.

Yeah,When my friend got his PS2 in 2001 we played it then and we were talking bout how good the Graphics were. If it was for PS2 i would kill someone over it...

if by best you mean confusing then yea :) i loved ff8 though. the only thing that brings it down IMO is the draw system.

GeneralX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GeneralX84
well draw system is a bonus, you don't really need it other than drawing GFs
giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 giton

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]I want FF7 remake(even tho i still have not completed Disc 2"bought it for 14.95 at kmart in 2005 byaah!). I really want a FF8 more cause i never got to know the story or Finish the game. When my friend's brother sold it AND Parasite Eve 2!!!! I DIDNT FINISH THOSE GAMES! Remakes of those games please Square Enix i will go get a loan from the bank to let them develope that. Don't expect and FF games in awhile those 6 FF13 Fabula Series is a 845mil dollar project. XD! 6 games. the First set is Agito(mobile Phones),Versus and Regular(PS3 tottaly different then each other).giton

my bad. as someone pointed out, that's not ps2 but the original playstation.

alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts

poe-catcher

i think there's a VERY good chance of this happening. there was even a rumor that it would happen, but that it would take a few years, obviously.

with the recent resurrection of FF7: the movie, the spin-offs, the tech demo...it's pretty obvious...isn't it?

This is arguably (and in my opinion) the greatest FF in the series, yeah even better than those on the SNES.

I really feel it will happen...just not for a while.

Emikid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Emikid
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
When Square released the FFVII tech demo for the PS3 was simply to demonstrate the PS3's power, and they pointed that there would not be a FFVII remake for the PS3, but I honestly don't know why they wouldn't make one? I think it's judged one or THE best game of all time.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd sooner see a remake/port for the DS or PSP than on any console, since I can still play FFVII on my PS2.
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
[QUOTE="VinnoT"][QUOTE="nyc05"][QUOTE="Christopper"]

[QUOTE="w7w7w7w7w7"]No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.yanwasp

Me 3.

Didn't you guys play it already? Why play the same game all over again when you can experience something new??

Anyways, if a FF game deserves a remake it is FF3 on super nintendo. Best FF ever.

Final Fantasy VII is arguably the most iconic Square and PS game, even if it were to be a crappy remake, it would sell millions of millions of copies and PS3s, if this is ever announced a PS3 exclusive, give for granted the 360 would be officially dead in Japan.

Disturbed83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Disturbed83
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
Every person that played FF7 would buy it for PS3. I know I would.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
me too.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

never gonna happen sorrymfarris2006

this is square, they remake everything. Hell they remade a remake of ff2 for crying out loud.

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

No, it would be a total waste of Squares time and money.w7w7w7w7w7

time? What has Square been doing for the past few years? Remaking FF1-6...

Money? Millions will buy a remake version of ff7.