This topic is locked from further discussion.

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KengoK
Member since 2006 • 1768 Posts

So how did your journey for FF begun? I mean the first FF game and why did you decided to play it?
The first FF I played was FF8, me Friend showed me this game on PS1 till that time I never played anything like that...
I borrowed the game it was on 4 discs or smut like that, the bad part is that he had the third disc broken so I had to play on PC.
Then I played FF7, FF9, FF10, FFX-2, and FF tactics... that all I think I really want to play FF12......but just don't have the time and the game: roll:

P.S
This topic is for people that actually love FF games so if your not one of them I doubt that you'll find anything interesting here...

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I played FF9 but didn't finish it cause it was in Japanese and didn't know what to do with it, well FF10 is my favorite and made me a fan of the series, FFX-2 was more like Charles's angel game I didn't like. FFXII had a new combat system but the characters weren't that interesting unlike in FFX.

I hope Square Enix make FFXIII better than FFXII, ever since Square Soft merged with Enix their FF games been missing something.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I played FFVII and FFVIII. But never owned them. FFX was the first FF i owned. Then I went back and bought FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FF Tactics, and FFX-2. I also own FFXII.

FF is also the reason I got into Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. As well as Xenosaga and Dragon Quest.

In my opinion FF Tactics is the best FF game.

Azurathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Azurathe
Member since 2003 • 498 Posts
The Original for me. My love for JRPG's started with playing Dragon Warrior on the NES kiosk display in the local Sears at the tender age of 5 or so. Got it from a Nintendo Power subscription. Then read about FF in an issue, and it just seemed like a bigger, better Dragon Warrior.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
FF7 for me...went over to my friends house and he had the game. Pretty much stole the controller from him and played for like 4 hours straight...what a magical game. To bad my friend actually didnt like the game for some insane reason =O
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
from the beginning, but the original dragon warrior was probaby my first love.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

At first, I saw some scenes of FFVII when I was 12, but being a Nintendo fanboy, I didn't care much about. For some reason, when I was 16, the images keep popping in my mind and I went and bought a PS. And it was all greatness from there. My journey goes in this order:

FFVII- FVIII- FF:Tactics- FFIX- FF- FFII- FFIV- FFV- FFVI- FFX- FFX-2- FFXII

Aside from FFV (which I hate) and FFX-2 (not my cup of tea), I have enjoyed every single entry, as well as most Square-Enix games.

falcon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 falcon11
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

For me, when i was like 6, my friend for me started with Final Fantasy Legend III for Gameboy. That game started it all for me, I now own it and love it to death! Then headed from there to the playstation 1 games of FF VIII and FF VIIII, then X, X-2, and I even played Crystal Chronicals . Never got to try XII yet, should get on that. :)

KengoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 KengoK
Member since 2006 • 1768 Posts
bump
StillB0RED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StillB0RED
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
Same as you, actually. A friend showed it to me on PS1 and I liked it. Then I played 7, 9, 10, 10-2 and eventually 1-6, 12, Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles.
DyneMacron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DyneMacron
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

I started with Dragon Quest series. After that, I went and found Final Fantasy I. Loving it, I was hooked on Squaresoft Games, and continued to play the games such as II (IV), and III (VI). Then I moved unto VII of course since II, III, and V were skipped.... Et cetera. Except I went back and played II, III, and V (go Roms, go).

Honestly, no Final Fantasy game beats FFVI, IV or Tactics. Those three are the best without a doubt. Everyone overvalues VII.

mlisette23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mlisette23
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
I started with VIII because a friend recommended it to me and I loved it! To this day it is still my favorite Final Fantasy game and rpg. From there I played all the other Final Fantasy games and other great rpgs.
meteorgun7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 meteorgun7
Member since 2003 • 25135 Posts
I remember playing some FF games on the original Gameboy. Then my friend showed me scans of FF7 and how awesome it was. I played it and I loved it!!!! Then I went to X, X-2, XII, VIII, I and now III.
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
final fantasy 1, but i really got into with ff7.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

VII was my 1st so i cherish it cause it took my RPG virginity. Then 8,9, got roms of 1-6 on my computer and played, then X, and XII.

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
FFVII, basically got me hooked to the FF series. From there I played FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, then FFVI, FFIV, FFV, FFXII then FIII for DS. Recently played FF I and II for PSP. But no other game has ever captured me in it's world like FFVII, it's definately my favourite game of all time, and it probably always will be.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Actually, Dark Cloud and Star Ocean got me into Square, then I got FF10 and played 9 and 8 ata friends house. I got FF12 and Dragon Quest 8 (pretty much my favourite game). I fell in love with the consistant quality and I guess I just like it. FF13 looks gorgeous, hopefully maintains some of the cool aspects from FF12, like that main girl should be like Fran, that'd be cool...
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
Dark Cloud is from Level 5, not Square. Still, a great RPG. I have yet to play the second:(
TheCyberKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCyberKnight
Member since 2003 • 804 Posts
I started playing the 1st FF on the NES and have enjoyed each one at release ever since. FF FTW!
Semantia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Semantia
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts
I actually started mine with my bro. I was really young and I always sat down and watched when he played FF7. I always watched, played on the odd occasion. Now with XIII comming im going to buy that myself and play it.
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
I started with Final Fantasy (the Original one) and played every version ('cept for FF II which came out only last year on teh PsP, but i odn't have a PsP). And as someone said, since Square Soft and Enix merged, I've been finding the games a bit lacking and they now have a dubious marketing process.
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I rented Ff1 for NES. And it was the most awesome thing ever. My current library is FF1 (nes and ps1), FF2 (ps2), FF3 (DS), FF4 (ps1), FF5 (ps1), FF6 (SNES and ps1), FF7 (ps1), FF8 (ps1), FF9 (ps1), FF10 (ps2), FF10-2 (ps2), FF11 (pc and ps2, plus expansions), FF12 (ps2) and Tactics (ps1). My faves are probably Tactics, 6, 7, 1 and 11.
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
FF 9 watched my brother played it, then i played it for my selfs took got FF8 FF10 and FF7. then when i heard FF12 was coming out i set out on an epic quest to play all of the final fantasys need less to say i failed miserably only finished FF9 and FF7. Thats my FF story
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
Final Fantasy III(or VI) Snes. To this day i still feel its the best in the series.
handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

i Actually played them in order with FF7 First then FF8,FF9,FFX,FFX2 and then FFXII. Havnt compleated FFXII yet and it wassnt all the great compared to the other ones.

el-tope-pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 el-tope-pr
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts
well i was 8years old and my sister was playing FF7 and then she gave me the controler... FF7 is my favorite game of all time after that played FF8 and never finished it then FF9 witch is my second favorite then FFX was my first PS2 game then played FFX-2 and i got tired of FF's then 12 witch im still playing. the only one i didn't finish was FF8
el-tope-pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 el-tope-pr
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

i Actually played them in order with FF7 First then FF8,FF9,FFX,FFX2 and then FFXII. Havnt compleated FFXII yet and it wassnt all the great compared to the other ones.

handag
just like me (i dont consider 11 a FF cause its online)