Fallout New Vegas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PimpiNbananas
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

Fallout New vegas is an upcoming game announced by Bethesda Softworks on April 20, 2009 at its London showcase. While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will be in the same ****as Fallout 3 and will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company founded by some of the developers of Fallout and Fallout 2. Based on the title, it will be set in Las Vegas. It has a projected release date of 2010 and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Please Please I wish this time they take there time in developing for the Ps3, Fix all the bugs, polish it up before released. Instead of giving us a half assed version. DLC's must be available to us to cos i dont feel like purchasing another GOTY copy a few months later like im about to do with fallout 3.

They better not screw us again.

Deranged_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Deranged_Devil
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

Well since this game isn't being developed by Bethesda, it may be more friendly to the PS3, but won't know until it is released.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I hope this time they will do us right.
brumley53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brumley53
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

I'll get it but not on ps3, I dont trust them and PC gets mods so I can add more weapons and stuff.

slbdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 slbdevil
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

this is great! i can't wait!:D

will the gameplay of this one be similar to Fallout 3? I hope so

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I hope they fix the problems as well. I really prefer my RPGs on the PS3, so I don't want to be forced to buy it on the 360 like I did for Fallout 3.

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PimpiNbananas

lets hope for the best

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I really liked Fallout 3, so I have high hopes for this one.

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
I'm surprised it is planned for 2010 release. I just thought RPG's usually take longer to develop.
PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PimpiNbananas

I'm surprised it is planned for 2010 release. I just thought RPG's usually take longer to develop.McMJ3

Like it says, its not a Direct Sequel, its more like a Huge Expansion pack.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="McMJ3"]I'm surprised it is planned for 2010 release. I just thought RPG's usually take longer to develop.PimpiNbananas

its no expansion either , it has nothing to do with fallout3 exept it's being in the same fictional postwar universe and the game play , location story will be completely new
PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PimpiNbananas

[QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"]

[QUOTE="McMJ3"]I'm surprised it is planned for 2010 release. I just thought RPG's usually take longer to develop.AmnesiaHaze

its no expansion either , it has nothing to do with fallout3 exept it's being in the same fictional postwar universe and the game play , location story will be completely new

well of course that, expacs always have a new story and new locations, but i expect it to have the same everythging else, Same HUD, same Controls, Vats,

alex_b52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 alex_b52
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

If it will be almost the same **** as fallout 3 then it will succeed:D anyway i hope the developers polish it more, cuz i dont want a ****load of glitches,bugs and freezes like FO3.

ppgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ppgun
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
cant wait for New Vegas it looks sweet!
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AmnesiaHaze
cant wait for New Vegas it looks sweet!ppgun
how can you tell .. never seen any screenshots of it , can you provide some links ? would be cool
DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#16 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Ah Vegas...my home away from home ;). And yes, I hope they don't do the same with Fallout 3. Personally, I haven't had any problems, but some of my friends complained about freezing and glitching (before the update). Although the devs are familiar with the system (hopefully) so it won't happen again. Other than that, it sounds really interesting :)
Black-October

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black-October
Member since 2009 • 687 Posts

Bethesda has addressed these issues and that's one reason we're getting a re-release of the game in GOTY form. Plus if I'm not mistaken there has been or is going to be a patch released to address these issues also. The game is great, and it's boasted quite a name for itself and it's comical to reflect back before the game dropped and think of all the complaints about how FO3 is a disgrace to the FO franchise. Bethesda did an incredible job and I'd love to see them develop future FO titles because much like the Elder Scrolls franchise there's endless possibility with the FO universe.

It's hard to pass judgment on New Vegas simply because we know nothing about the game. At the moment I'm setting my sights on picking up F3 GOTY edition and enjoying it and hopefully we'll know more about New Vegas in the coming months.

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
Make the setting Newcastle, England!
clance1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clance1
Member since 2009 • 292 Posts

Old news....

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I can't wait for Fallout New Vegas

IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

Fallout New vegas is an upcoming game announced by Bethesda Softworks on April 20, 2009 at its London showcase. While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will be in the same ****as Fallout 3 and will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a company founded by some of the developers of Fallout and Fallout 2. Based on the title, it will be set in Las Vegas. It has a projected release date of 2010 and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Please Please I wish this time they take there time in developing for the Ps3, Fix all the bugs, polish it up before released. Instead of giving us a half assed version. DLC's must be available to us to cos i dont feel like purchasing another GOTY copy a few months later like im about to do with fallout 3.

PimpiNbananas

Have you even played fallout 1 and 2? Bethesda totally screwed up Fallout 3. It is a amazing game, but comparing Fallout 3 to Fallout 2 (and 1) is like comparing The Golden Throne of Olympus to a common house chair.

I, as a Black Isle fan, think that Fallout 3 was no where near as good as Fallout 2 (the better of the original Fallouts).

Interestingly, I read the contract for the transfer, and it says it is licensing Fallout, a MMORPG, to Bethesda. I wonder whether I mis-read it, cause Interplay (original owner of Black Isle) licensed the rights to a Fallout MMORPG. Weird.

Also, Black Isle was laid off, not fired, didn't quit. They then founded Obsidian

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"]

IbnLaAhad

Have you even played fallout 1 and 2? Bethesda totally screwed up Fallout 3. It is a amazing game, but comparing Fallout 3 to Fallout 2 (and 1) is like comparing The Golden Throne of Olympus to a common house chair.

I, as a Black Isle fan, think that Fallout 3 was no where near as good as Fallout 2 (the better of the original Fallouts).

Interestingly, I read the contract for the transfer, and it says it is licensing Fallout, a MMORPG, to Bethesda. I wonder whether I mis-read it, cause Interplay (original owner of Black Isle) licensed the rights to a Fallout MMORPG. Weird.

Also, Black Isle was laid off, not fired, didn't quit. They then founded Obsidian

Actualy i think Fallout 3 was a very worthy Sequal. But it failed because it was as sterile as a castrated horse...

I never realy felt like i was there because of the retarded stiff animations, and it also failed a tad bit on the humor. It did have that vibe of Fallout humor, but it never prospered into something as good as Fallout 1 & 2s humor...

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

i will be buying.....for the 360 of course :wink:

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmnesiaHaze

i will be buying.....for the 360 of course :wink:

AJC3317
thats smart , maybe ps3 owners will have to wait a year longer for vegas dlc lol